Flashcard/Baby can read/Leapfrog DVDs/Baby signing/Baby Einstein

stonston

Any parents who use any of e above for ur babies? can share ur experiences?

Currently i have all the above products....am using flashcards n baby signing....have yet to start on e rest...
jus want some feedback fm other parents who r using e above...do u find it good?

i find e flashcards very good for my boi cos he is learning alot....he can recognise fruits and point to e right ones when we show him a chart with many many fruits....

e baby signing we jus started, he dunno how to sign yet, but it is very fun learning as a family :) hopefulli he can grasp it soon so tt he can tell us wot he wants with sign language :)

`julee

i showed her body parts flash card and yes she learn from it fast. for other things, we jus repeat to her. children learn fast..
for now at 26 months she can count to 10. of course hav to prompt her after #6.. :001_302:

CynCyn

Ston ston when did u start using this to teach yr DS ? Flashcard etc. ?

Is it too early for me to teach my 9 mths old boy ?

stonston

cyn, i started flashcard when he was newborn....started with stimulation cards....then moved to picture cards...now doing a mixture of picture, reading n maths cards :)

sign language jus started when he turn 8mths :)

last nite he told us he want milk by sign language!! so happy...now gonna work hard at learning e other signs to teach him....

`julee

Ston ston when did u start using this to teach yr DS ? Flashcard etc. ?

Is it too early for me to teach my 9 mths old boy ?
cyn nothing is toO early... u can start anytime u wan. the earlier means u hav more time to teach. actuali as a sahm u hav more time and everyday u jus teach him a little and repeat over days till he gets it...

rykiel

wh0a.. reading on how u all teach ur ds realli makes me feel lousy.. guess i must go get flashcards for my OLD bb .. HAHa.. he's 20mths liao ler.. he onli watches baby can read.. baby einstein , hi5 , boohbah .. n disney channel. and a few board books with children pictures and simple wordings .. and a book on different kinds of vehicles with those holes .. where do i get the baby signs?? is it a DVD ? or its also a flashcard? where should i get flashcards? what kind should i get? can tk picture of ur flashcard sh0w me .. =X .. sorries im a lousy mummi ar.. i must get assurance frm mommies to CONFIRm !!.. ok la .. i'm kiasU~~:red:

stonston

rykiel, i buy flashcard fm BP at another forum....will try to take some photo n post when i got time :)

for flashcard my boi has finished fruits n veges...now moving on to animals....going to bring him to e zoo when i not so busy to teach him e different animals also...

baby sign language i order fm US...singapore's one v exp lei....1 DVD can last v long cos got 200++ different signs!!

rykiel

stonston,

can gimmi the details .. i also wan go buy .. HEHEHE.. ! =X .. i waiting muh boy learn to walk thn can bring him to the zoo .. if nt no point if he can onli sit n sit in the stroller . hehe. thankssSs =D:tlaugh:

stonston

rykiel, dun say no pt jus cos they dunno how to walk...they can see n actualli at the petting zoo for kiddos, they can touch n feed e animals....

my boi loves touching my dog n my fren's rabbits...they r v curious de....can bring..even in stroller also ok....

e BP was long over liaoz lei...but if u want u PM me, i give u e organiser's email add....but it is not cheap lor...but i got no time to make, so no choice buy lor...if u got time, u can buy blank cards n make ur own ones...

rykiel

i know can bring stroller.. but i wan him to run n walk inside.. hehe.. alreadi planning to bring him soon.. yes lor.. my ds loves pets.. fish, chins, turtles, cats, birds, dogs.. oh my.. hehe.. idea.. i tink i make own flash cardds.. but do our own drawing will they understand? =x

stonston

u can find pictures fm internet to print...or cut out from magazines :)

if u wanna buy, popular/kiddy palace all got sell, but i find it too small n pictures v limited, onli got fruits n vege, transport, animals...

my set i got total of 700 cards...all use real pictures, not cartoons....

rykiel

i think real pictures would make the 'feel' more right.. cos in real life they dun seEe those cartoonised things .. haha.. thanks fOr all ur help !! =D *cheErSSs*

maine78

rykiel, i buy flashcard fm BP at another forum....will try to take some photo n post when i got time :)

for flashcard my boi has finished fruits n veges...now moving on to animals....going to bring him to e zoo when i not so busy to teach him e different animals also...

baby sign language i order fm US...singapore's one v exp lei....1 DVD can last v long cos got 200++ different signs!!
stonston, how much is one set of flashcard? it's quite ex rite?

stonston

i paid $370 for 700 picture cards...but e quality is realli nice....tink if print at hm will be much more exp ba....n i dun have time to go find pics...if i am SAHM maybe can do my own ones ba....
then i also bought reading (600) n maths cards (800), total i paid ard $1k for all e cards....but very worth it....cos e cards can last probably for another few yrs...then can let my next bb use also...hehehe :)

rykiel

i found this in this forum . . =) one mommie was sharing this and i think i can post it here.. hope u all find it useful =).. very easy to use.. can use bank transfer !! =)

click on the picture to go to the babysigning homepage . .

`julee

flash card anywhere can get one. usuali say for this this age, but i jus buy and show her.
for bb signing i tink my a lil too late already.. & i tink a bit useless cause till how long she wan to sign? and wont it limit her talking? instead of talking she will prefer signing and if i teach her, our family are the only ones will understand. this is very popular in the US but not so in sg...

stonston

signing is good for bb ard 8mths cos they can tell wot they want, but they cannt verbalise...good for bb to tell us wot he want...like milk, apple, food, sleep, etc....

signing should not replace talking...cos when u sign to bb, u should be talking at the same as signing so bb will also imitate n learn to talk :)
so far my frens' kids who use signing have no probs with talking...in fact, their kids all started talking early cos it encouraged them to say wot they want/need....they noe they can communicate their wants n needs n will start talking earlier....

stonston

i found this in this forum . . =) one mommie was sharing this and i think i can post it here.. hope u all find it useful =).. very easy to use.. can use bank transfer !! =)

click on the picture to go to the babysigning homepage . .
this set is exp, even if buy in US...then each CD onli got a few signs lor...

the one i have is 1 DVD n has 200 over signs...cheaper la...it is called "We Sign for babies and toddlers"....

rykiel

i have this thinking too... what if .. ds prefers to sign after i teach him these .. than dun wan to open his mouth how !?!.. he's alr 20mths..start nw oso no point h0r? ... i tink ill just continue teachin him to talk .. =)