FM - Pediasure

winnie.lyy

Hi mummies out there,

I switched my son's FM to pediasure 2 months ago and i really wonder is it good for my son because it is very sweet! this FM stated that it is for choosy eater especially those kids who do not take their meals properly. But how about those who are not? I personally tried this FM and really cant stand of its' super sweet and strong smells of vanilla/chocolate flavour!! Furthermore, it is expensive lor....! Any opinion on this?

mummy85

hi there ..

i switch to pediasure abt a mth ago cuz my son don't eat a proper meal .. he can eat a scoop of rice using the baby spoon and that's it .. he refuse to eat another scoop .. so with pediasure his eating do improve a bit .. before pediasure my son drinks nan nestle .. hafta buy 5 tins per mth for him which cost approximately abt 150 or less .. but with pediasure 1.8kg i onli nd 2 buy a tin to last for a mth .. 1 tin of 1.8kg onli cost abt approximately 64 bucks .. so its a save for me ..

hope that helps

ps: wanted to switch to friso since friso like always have promotion stuff on em .. but i rembered dat my son don't like the taste of friso so dare not switch .

camom

Hi mummies out there,

I switched my son's FM to pediasure 2 months ago and i really wonder is it good for my son because it is very sweet! this FM stated that it is for choosy eater especially those kids who do not take their meals properly. But how about those who are not? I personally tried this FM and really cant stand of its' super sweet and strong smells of vanilla/chocolate flavour!! Furthermore, it is expensive ....! Any opinion on this?
My elder kid was on 2 tins of pediasure previously though she didn't have issues with eating. We thought the FM could fatten her up but didn't really help in the weight gain dept though her appetite was boosted tremendously. We stopped and went back to fresh milk.

I would concentrate more on cajoling my kids to take proper meals than rely on pediasure. Afterall, the eating habits will stay with them for life.

Phoebii Cheng

I thot of switching my son to pediasure, since I heard frm a fren that it helps fussy eaters.....but was actually wondering does it really help increase their appetite or just replacing their meals?

camom

I thot of switching my son to pediasure, since I heard frm a friend that it helps fussy eaters.....but was actually wondering does it really help increase their appetite or just replacing their meals?
For my dd's case, yes, her appetite did increase when she was on pediasure but I feel it is not a long term solution.

mummy85

For my dear daughter's case, yes, her appetite did increase when she was on pediasure but I feel it is not a long term solution.
yes i agree wif tis ... i switch my son to dumex milk wif loads of fruits on the cover, my baby dun eat as much as wen he drink pediasure .. and like camom said .. shouldn't rely on pediasure milk .. should teach kids on proper meals

Porukadotzu

I was thinking to get pediasure for my daughter, coz she is a picky eater and her weight is lighter than other 17mth old baby.

But i scare she don't like the taste of vanilla and chocolate, i'm so glad to find this thread coz now i know pediasure also sweet?

hmm...anyone consult pd regarding the sweet taste in pediasure?

and did you letting your baby drink only if she/he skip a meal? or you let she/he drink regularly like normal milk?

my girl sometimes can eat a full bowl of rice+cutout vege 3x a day but she seems so skinny, no fat shown on her body..:embarrassed:
so thought of getting pediasure so can add up her weight.

camom

I was thinking to get pediasure for my daughter, coz she is a picky eater and her weight is lighter than other 17mth old baby.

But i scare she dont't like the taste of vanilla and chocolate, i'm so glad to find this thread coz now i know pediasure also sweet?

hmm...anyone consult pediatrician regarding the sweet taste in pediasure?

and did you letting your baby drink only if she/he skip a meal? or you let she/he drink regularly like normal milk?

my girl sometimes can eat a full bowl of rice+cutout vege 3x a day but she seems so skinny, no fat shown on her body..:embarrassed:
Pediasure didn't work for my gal in terms of gaining weight.

I was actually told by my paed to concentrate more on food intake then substituting with milk. FYI, my gal can drink alot after she turned 1 yo. She can take in up to 1.5litres each day on top of her 3 solid meals. Each 1.8kg can of Gain IQ will only last us max 1 wk. At her peak, we were buying 5 cans of 1.8kg milk per mth. We were told to incr her solids intake and cut her milk since she is drinking way too much. My gal weighed 11kg at the age of 11 mths but only gained 1 more kg by the time she turned 2. Right now, she is barely 17kg and already in P1 this year. Paed didn't see any cause for worry cos she is still eating well and active.

mummy85

But i scare she dont't like the taste of vanilla and chocolate, i'm so glad to find this thread coz now i know pediasure also sweet?

hmm...anyone consult pediatrician regarding the sweet taste in pediasure?

i let my boy try those already premix pediasure milk in those tiny bottle that cost abt 1 - 2 dollars .. he likes it .. den wen go for his check up .. the doc give mi samples for the golden honey flavour ... my son has no prob drinking it .. he does have a sweet tooth though ...