Folic acid

J

justforgags

hi hi, im jz wondering if we can take folic acid daily evntho' we r hvin our period?? OR cn only consume them wen AF cleared.. Pls advice guys.. TIA..

Oink

hi hi, im jz wondering if we can take folic acid daily evntho' we r hvin our period?? OR cn only consume them wen AF cleared.. Pls advice guys.. TIA..
You should take folic acid everyday... irregardless of whether hving AF or not. Folic acid is like a supplement so it's ok to take.

jal

Hihi, can u tell m e what is 'AF'? I saw this term many times but have no idea what does it mean.

Yes, I believe we can take folic acid even when we have our period as folic acid is not something that increases blood circulation. And we would not want that during pur period as that will cause more discharge.

J

justforgags

Hihi, can u tell m e what is 'AF'? I saw this term many times but have no idea what does it mean.

Yes, I believe we can take folic acid even when we have our period as folic acid is not something that increases blood circulation. And we would not want that during pur period as that will cause more discharge.

Hi jal.. AF= Auntie Flow meaning our menses.. Anyway thx for the info on folic acid as well.. But how much can we take a day? twice a day? or a day n a nite? currently i consume 1 teeny weeny pill a day;-)

apollo

Hi jal.. AF= Auntie Flow meaning our menses.. Anyway thx for the info on folic acid as well.. But how much can we take a day? twice a day? or a day n a nite? currently i consume 1 teeny weeny pill a day;-)
HAHA!!! AUNTIE FLOW!!! What a cute way to describe! normal dosage is 5mg per day.. dun have to take too much.. 5mg is enough.. if i'm not wrong, normally tt small tiny tablet is alrdy 5mg.. it's writen on the box or sth =)

Oink

Ya, u only nid to take 5mg, like regina say. Each tablet is already 5mg... so dun take too much. Sometimes, too much is no good. Usually, the clinic will advise to take folic acid in the morning.

marilynn

One of my relative just told me earlier this morning that many of her friends and also her sister itself conceive after taking Folic Acid Ultra Primrose from GNC.... I'm gonna buy it 2moro.... since it really works for a load of them...Lets all try and get pregnant together.

J

justforgags

One of my relative just told me earlier this morning that many of her friends and also her sister itself conceive after taking Folic Acid Ultra Primrose from GNC.... I'm gonna buy it 2moro.... since it really works for a load of them...Lets all try and get pregnant together.
really!!??!! it tt case i'll get tt tmr den.. do u know how much will it be? cn u tell me how big is the pills.. isit like the normal primrose oil?? i cnt swollow tt leh.. too big for me.. hehe.. too big complain too small wanna eat more.. aiyah funny me:p

apollo

from what i noe, actu folic acid does not help one to concieve.. it helps to prevent certain birth defect, tt's y it's better to start eating 3mths b4 u conceive.. correct me if i'm wrong =)

J

justforgags

from what i noe, actu folic acid does not help one to concieve.. it helps to prevent certain birth defect, tt's y it's better to start eating 3mths b4 u conceive.. correct me if i'm wrong =)
i tink u're right.. folic acid is jz for pre pregnancy preparation to prevent uncertainties of birth defect but thr is people whom i noe conceived aft takin folic acid regularly.. Mebbe it jz happen;-) But still im gonna take it on a regular basis as part of my supplement;-)

apollo

i tink u're right.. folic acid is jz for pre pregnancy preparation to prevent uncertainties of birth defect but thr is people whom i noe conceived aft takin folic acid regularly.. Mebbe it jz happen;-) But still im gonna take it on a regular basis as part of my supplement;-)
cos normally if e person is taking folic acid, most likely is she wanna try for a baby.. thus within tt few mths will get pregnant if wk hard.. LOL! ya rmb to take everyday =D

J

justforgags

cos normally if e person is taking folic acid, most likely is she wanna try for a baby.. thus within tt few mths will get pregnant if wk hard.. LOL! ya rmb to take everyday =D
will tell the reproductive system to be prepare.. ;-)

marilynn

I went to GNC today and was given very good advice by the experts there..
The folic acid they have is 800mcg. And about the ultra primrose it actually doesnt enhance the chance of getting pregnant it helps to moist our skin and internal body.
The expert recommended me Prenatal Formula ($47.95). She said its good for woman who's trying to conceive and already conceived. It has Vitamin A, C, D, E and B6. It also contains 800mcg of folic acid, thiamin, roboflavin, niacin, biotin, iron and zinc.

She told me its very popular among those woman who's trying to conceive and its very sellable. It has 120tablets and to be taken one tablet twice a day.

Today is my 1st day of AF and at the same time i'm taking it for the 1st time...so hopefully this will be my last AF:tlaugh: Why don't you gals try it too... It's only supplement..No worries:wong19:

Last edited:

marilynn

From what i know (correct me if i'm wrong) Folic Acid plays a part for TTC too. Yes it helps to prevent birth defects but it does help to conceive too. Thats the reason why once you've conceive they will prescribe you with Obimin instead of continuing Folic Acid. Actually we would need more than Folic Acid for example proper vitamins and minerals especially Iron and Zinc.

J

justforgags

yes i willl buy folic acid too after i read this Folic Acid and Pregnancy
... btw anybody here in her old age pregancy ..can give advice ? im 35 , smoker ... been try for one yrs but still cant get baby ( but both me n hb sex only once a month ) .... check dr already everything is ok ...
mebbe ur intercourse r at the wrong timing tt u nvr hit the bullseye.. u may wanna try the ovulation test kit or measure ur BTT.. who knows it wrks for u;-) as for me btt doesnt wrks on me as i wrk shift.. so body temp haywire:(

Oink

I went to GNC today and was given very good advice by the experts there..
The folic acid they have is 800mcg. And about the ultra primrose it actually doesnt enhance the chance of getting pregnant it helps to moist our skin and internal body.
The expert recommended me Prenatal Formula ($47.95). She said its good for woman who's trying to conceive and already conceived. It has Vitamin A, C, D, E and B6. It also contains 800mcg of folic acid, thiamin, roboflavin, niacin, biotin, iron and zinc.

She told me its very popular among those woman who's trying to conceive and its very sellable. It has 120tablets and to be taken one tablet twice a day.

Today is my 1st day of AF and at the same time i'm taking it for the 1st time...so hopefully this will be my last AF:tlaugh: Why don't you gals try it too... It's only supplement..No worries:wong19:
Hi Marilynn... are the tablets big? So shy to say tis but I hv trouble swallowing big tablets... so no good for me if I can't swallow it. Dun wan to waste $$ buying stuff that I can't consume.. hee.

J

justforgags

Hi Marilynn... are the tablets big? So shy to say tis but I hv trouble swallowing big tablets... so no good for me if I can't swallow it. Dun wan to waste $$ buying stuff that I can't consume.. hee.
yes its big..but i tink primrose oil r much thicker in size..