Food Recommended for Pregnant Woman

smilem

Worry there is unknown germs bah.. fully cooked food = germs killed.

Does anyone know why it's not safe for pregnant women to take raw food? I'm so super curious! Been staying away from my favourite half-boiled eggs and sashimi. Also very early on in pregnancy so can't be too obvious when I go out and eat with other people haha.

ping87

Should have read this thread earlier :eek:10: ...
Had constipation for 5 days & bought JUST 1 slice of papaya to eat... puked in office... lol
Anyone know can drink chinese herbal soup - shi san tai bao tang? heard its for "Ang Tai" purpose... but don't dare to try as still in 1st trimester...
Hi ladydirt, shi San tai bao is a v ancient method of an tai med. unless u are seeing Chinese sinseh throughout ur preg, I think u Shd just stick to what ur gynea gave.

Recently my in law wanted me to drink. But I went around asking those old people(yes, I'm v aunty when I go out eat and sitting with a group of unknown old people. I will tend to ask them. :) ) and they tell me Shi San tai bao v early days where ppl have no money to see doctor, they take that. And now got doctor give all those multi vitamins and folic acid, it's gd enough.

And I went to read up on Chinese wiki, it's says, 适合怀孕七个月以后,胎位不正、胎动不安的孕妇吃的。

So, on a safer side don't mix western and Chinese med.

Does anyone know why it's not safe for pregnant women to take raw food? I'm so super curious! Been staying away from my favourite half-boiled eggs and sashimi. Also very early on in pregnancy so can't be too obvious when I go out and eat with other people haha.
Hey soulffle,

Sashimi contains bacteria and parasites like salmonella, listeria and toxoplasma, which can be harmful for ur baby. it would also be good if u refrain from consuming these 7 other foods during your pregnancy. and besides, you can always inform your friends and colleagues about your pregnancy - it is good news after all!