Foot Massage/Reflexology during Pregnancy

jojoki

Anyone went for foot massages during pregnancy? i went quite frequent in my 1st trismester but my friend said not allowed during pregnancy. My feet is aching all over n is crying out for a massage. Anyone did it while pregnant?

qristeele

I read before that some of the pressure points on our feet can trigger contractions. I guess that's why it is not advisable to go for foot massage/reflexology during pregnancy. But having said that, if you can find a masseur who is familiar with pre-natal care, I guess it should be alright.

jojoki

pre natal massage is like full body massage? i only want foot massage... prenatal massage very exp also...

veronica

I was told ok to go but must look for certified ones. Those normal foot reflexology may not be suitable cos of they wont know how much pressure to apply..

Check with your gynae ba.

babymoon

true, we must be more careful when pregnant, normal massage might not be suitable, think the pre-natal massage is more safety and also seek the advise of doctor is a good idea too.

think_pink

I asked my gynae before. She said not to go for any foot reflexlogy. Cannot even use the OSIM machine to do foot reflexlogy. Coz of the pressure points on our legs.

She said that if the feet feels sore, just rub the sore parts. But don't massage.

I find that after I use socks to sleep, my feet ache less. Not sure if it'll work for you too.

chuaeil

hi
better dont go especially you are at first stage. You can soak in warm water, ask your hubby to massage for you and put your leg up when you sleep, this is what i did. also take note on how you walk. remember dont go for foot massage. hope it help you.

SH74

i think not allowed leh. i wanted so badly to go for it thru out pregnancy, esp when bb gets heavier.

in the end, hb jus help me massage lightly, for blood circulation.

January84

not allowed throughout pregnency.

it will affect no maater which points they massage, even if u tell them u pregnent, some points still connected...