Footwear for Pregnant woman

iwan2noe

Hi hi,

Does anyone face problem with their footwear while they are pregnant.
I think some of mtbs tends to have problem with their feet when they have water retention problem coz it have proven that they can no longer wear their usual footwear due to the water retention that causes their feet to 'expand' horizontally <->

I am not sure if it is due to pregnancy, but my feet starting to ache when I wear footwear that cover the top part of my foot. it is those slip on sandal with a 'top cover' in front...

I think it is not due to water retention but rather i think it is due to the expansion of the bones of my feet ?!?!?!

Help! does anyone of u face such problem?:embarrassed::tconfused:
Do u have any recommendations for any suitable and comfortable footwear for me :confused:

norfen

hi there,

most pregnant women will experience water retention towards the 2nd /3rd tri., more prominently on their feet. I had that too. I use those comfy crocs sandals and mary janes. Super comfy and they look stylish too.
Its really due to water rentention, cuz after 2 weeks of giving birth, my crocs sandals were much more loose as opposed to being fit-snugly when I was pregnant.

Jerlene

Actually i do have swollen feet. and i have to buy shoes that is 2 size larger than my usual wear. Basically i cannot stand for long. My feet will be very painful. Especially the sole. Not sure why. But i have to endure....

iwan2noe

Oh, okie....so it is water retention... okok... hmm, norfen, where can i get mary jane shoes?

Thanks alot!!

tika

I have very painful heels too. To the point of me limping most of the time. I can't seem to wear anything thats comfy enough except those with beads on the sole. Trouble is most of that kind of shoes/sandals look very auntie-go-market type.

i don't notice my feet being swollen but nowadays find that wearing shoes causes discomfort. maybe they're also not padded enough. so i've been wearing my havainas flip flop and a few of the crocs sandals, they're the most comfortable brand for me now.

stonston

The changes in your feet are usually not due to water retention. I did not have water retention at all but my feet expanded.

It is due to the hormones in our body making our pelvic bone expand to accomodate the growing baby. The same hormones loosen the ligaments in our feet so our feet also expands.

During my pregnancy I wore strappy sandals (flats, no heels at all) throughout. Comfy, cheap & looks nice. I wore it to work too. Bought from those HDB shops. Couldn't find anything nice/comfortable from boutiques.

esthergal

For me I wear hush puppies shoes when going for work and scholl slip-on sandals when going shopping, comfy enough and non-slippery...

iwan2noe

Dear mtbs,

I tried looking for clarks or scoll but the designs although look comfy but the design really not very pleasant..(oops,pls dont mind me =p) I am so sad, was at OG but didnt manage to get any decent looking flats.. I got long and broad feets :(

Hope to be able get my shoes/flats soon! else my current footwear really not very safe coz the soles has worn out so might be quite slippery...sigh....

Last edited:

Gelyn

Hmm...I bought a slip-on at URS about 1 inch wedges and a ballerina (can't remember the brand) for work. Weekend, I wore sandal.

iwan2noe

Hi all,

I bought a pair of comfortable flats at Bugis OG. It is only $20 plus after 10%discount. Soft and comfortable... if u r still hunting for a pair of comfy shoes can try OG at Bugis Br. They have a wide varieties of shoes for u to choose from.:red:

PinkDiamonds

Hmmm I didn't get a lot of water retention during my pregnancy. In fact my shoe size never change at all. But I highly recommend the crocs covered shoes as they are non-slip for me and very comfortable. I'm a very clumsy person so my hubby bought me those so that I don't slip and fall on rainy days.

I also wore birkenstocks during my pregnancy. My friend also wore them during her pregnancy as her water retention was quite bad. They are sandals, and offer good grip, so if your feet get swollen quite bad, no need to feel "cramped up" in the covered shoes. =)

bellerichez

Last month I bought a pair of pink Crocs ladies slippers $69! Very comfortable, cushiony & non-slip. But hubby's eyes popped big-big at the price hehe!

Crocs is really comfortable. Can actually feel the different. So i think $69 is worth the price. Rather than getting those nice but not comfortable one then u need to keep changing it.

iwan2noe

Hmmm I didn't get a lot of water retention during my pregnancy. In fact my shoe size never change at all. But I highly recommend the crocs covered shoes as they are non-slip for me and very comfortable. I'm a very clumsy person so my hubby bought me those so that I dont't slip and fall on rainy days.

I also wore birkenstocks during my pregnancy. My friend also wore them during her pregnancy as her water retention was quite bad. They are sandals, and offer good grip, so if your feet get swollen quite bad, no need to feel "cramped up" in the covered shoes. =)
Dear all,

I agree crocs are comfortable but pls be awared that they are not non slip if u steps on oily substance. I got a fren who told me that there was once when she accidentally step on some oil stain or oily substance that she almost slipped... So do be carefuL:we2Randy-git:

bellerichez

Dear all,

I agree crocs are comfortable but pls be awared that they are not non slip if you steps on oily substance. I got a friend who told me that there was once when she accidentally step on some oil stain or oily substance that she almost slipped... So do be carefuL:we2Randy-git:
But i think seldom got the chance to step on oily substances bah.

iwan2noe

But i think seldom got the chance to step on oily substances bah.
quite true , but just a word of caution. Eg when u go to some hawker ctrs..do be careful, sometimes soup may spills to the floor when helpers are clearing the tables and then soup should be oily bah...

Just be CAREFUL :)

esthergal

Yah, better be careful walk slow slow when you go eateries... there was one time i was wearing my hush puppies and went to the washroom of an eatery, the non-slip sole suddenly becomes slippery because the floor quite oily, almost fell down, luckily i was walking very slow so managed to grip, so scary...

bellerichez

Yah, better be careful walk slow slow when you go eateries... there was one time i was wearing my hush puppies and went to the washroom of an eatery, the non-slip sole suddenly becomes slippery because the floor quite oily, almost fell down, luckily i was walking very slow so managed to grip, so scary...
Wah toilet floor also oily? Then i think gotta be more careful.