Frustrated about My Company.

ger-mummy

I working in this XXXXX (PM if u wan to know co name). We have about 21 staff incl. boss. Work 5.5 day. Different staff work differently. WHy i said so???? See below for detail

1) Boss & Small boss is flexible, no comment.

2) Boss's daughter (Jes) benefit same as other staff, need to go thru probation period 7 days AL for first year 14 day MC. But 7 days AL only applied when going oversea or holidays. No applied to local personal stuff. Work half day feeling unwell can go see doc & no declaration at all.
Somehow, when BIG boss from HQ ask my boss about staff benefit. He dare to say everyone is the same even incl his daughter. Alternate Sat was off. Liars...
3) Account Dept got 3 Staff, 2 staff work ALternate Sat off 1 staff work 5 DAY only.

Jes was only good at pushing work to other or do halfway den pass to ppl to follow up. She was not tat jialat when an aunty work here. SInce that aunty left company, she become more & more jialat & dun work properly. keep talking on the phone & fool around....

Carisella

As you said, it's the boss's daughter.. Unfair can say unfair..
But what to do right? all you can do is suck it up and just continue to do what has been given to you, otherwise you can drop everything and quit and find another job.

That's what my sister always did.. drop and walk.. haha..

Edwinie

life is never fair. but we all learn to make do with it. we can do our best to get to the other side of the coin, do something to make it more equal, or simply not do anything at all. (depending on situation.)

apollo

what to do? she is boss' daughter.. even if she does nth and still draws more salary than you, there is nth you (or ur colleagues) can do. =)

Edwinie

i think that's the problem with SMEs. That's why people all flock to MNCs if possible.

There has been initiatives for local graduates to work in SMEs. I think on top of their salary, the government give them few extra thousands to top up. But given that the work culture of SMEs are not exactly good, as seen from the example of this thread, i doubt the initiative will take off, unless the graduate score poorly, in need of money, son/daughter of some company, or really has the passion.

kchiah

I think lots of people also experiencing unfair treatment in their Company, in what ever form... But that is our choice that either we bear with it, for the sack of money... or just quit.... But after all, other Co also hv this kind of treatment or office politic etc... So just think that... Are we going to sacrify our time to work like no ending n bear with unfair treatment????

ger-mummy

Ya... tat why i decide to quite & find new job. I worked in Oil & Gas company before, yes indeed there is office politics but ppl will do their by themselve ( scare the rice bowl kena).

This stupid is really suck up. This co got 4 ppl are related....

1) Boss
2) Boss's Daughter (Jes)
3) Boss's 3rd Brother ( uncle huat)
4) Boss's Nephew (Steven)

Uncle huat help boss to deliver goods till he kena inccident at office. Work 5.5 day no extra benefit like Jes.

Steven worked as warehouse supervisor ( pay only $1850 ). No power at all work 5.5 day no extra benefit also.

Jes work the most relaxing in among her uncle & cousin & get $1800.

How i know their pay??? They said de... & even see their pay slip

ger-mummy

Forget to mention....

Jes was too free & gain more benefit that allow her to work part time during Office hour.... No like other mummies or spree organizer earn extra money thru facing PC. She went out of office to work part time....

HAiz

allycat

This is one thing I hate when looking for a job. Cant imagine working in a company where everyone is related to someone, then if anything happened, the whole world knows about it

ger-mummy

MsKoh1973,

Yes indeed $1800pm is nt very good. But he bought her a car to travel to work, pay car instalment & pay petrol & have lunch together. Imagine how much she save? She only give her mum $200/month. Human cant compare with each other.... sad.

Something tat make me frustration is becoz, jes said i have 13day of AL which is 7 days AL 6 days child-care leave which is enuff for a year to take when my gal is sick or for chk up or jab.

She has the cheek to say she need to take leave to br her mum to chk up. All her leave written on white board was for Exam & Holidays. Each of us know tat but nobody wanna tell her off.

Even her cousin Steven also said unfair.... 1 fine day all staff left then the co will realise how serious it is...

MsKoh1973

the boss paid for the car himself rite? Cos if the car is paid by the coy, then how they going to answer to HQ?
dad buying car for daughter is acceptable lah.
if she is working for her father, she also need not give her mum so much rite.

her pay of $1800, less CPF is abt $1400, $200 is almost 13%, I doubt got many pp give their parents 13% of their take home pay.

ger-mummy

Haha.... ya boss pay by himself for the car.

Is not much or less she give her mum allowance. She dun have much commitment & yet keep asking me how come i din save tat much as she did. FYI, she save $800 this is wat she told me i dunno how true.

For me, how to save like her $800...???? must be kidding...

My salary after deduct CPF only $1100, need to give my parent & support my little girl & own expenses. She always like to use i have 6 days more leave den her so i must work harder then her... Wat kind of logic? If this is my dad's co, yes i will work triple harder not like her. Ask her thing about work stuff, she need 2 day to answer me or my colleague.

We are metal line, so prices change quite fast & she only tell our saleman w/o letting counter sale staff know. When boss question us, she said we din listen to wat she has told us. Haiz....

She like to use she is short-minded as excuse to push work to other. Wat to do???

anyway.... i juz need to vent out my frustration if not will aged fast

stonston

In 'family business' it's like that. My mum and dad each have their own business and I know how it works.

However, they are very fair to staff. If there's something urgent at home, need time off, no problem as long as work is completed or properly handed over.

Like one of my mum's staff had childcare issues for a while because the CCC abuse her girl and no family to help to take care while she look for another CCC. Then my mum told her to bring her girl (at tt time only 1yo) to work. My mum bring my boy's playpen and some toys to office and use part of her office as play area. Then my mum even fetch her to neighbouring CCC to check out environment during lunch hour.

If you are a good boss, you will have good workers. If you are a mean boss, your good workers will all run away.

When big boss is around, just take your chance and ask about the unfair treatment. At most you can give find another job.

ger-mummy

Wah... ur mum so good & was a good boss... thumb up for her. When i work in Big Company, Oil & Gas infrastructure. My immediate boss was good also, when i need to take urgent leave he allow & even no need to apply for leave at time. What my ex-boss wan was work do properly & meet dealine. Tat all only... this stupid company wan to eat ppl only. When i came for interview, they din said much even when i ask. STILL DARE TO TELL ME tat EVERY EMPLOYEE share the SAME BENEFIT & WORK the same time. When I start work & realised it was all wrong.... haiz...