Full Moon Gift for friends and relatives

jongivy

Hi all,

Can anyone give advise on what is the standard procedure? Should I give the full moon voucehr/gift right on the dot of 1 month, or should I wait until I get back to work on the 2nd month for the colleagues?

I opted for 2 months maternity, and the rest to be taken staggeredly. So I thought it'll be more convenient to give when I return to work for the colleagues. What's the "standard" practise?

isabelandrew

u shud give on or before your bb's 1st month. some chinese are particular abt it. for me, my bb's 1st month falls on wkend, so i send my cakes on friday. u can bring ur bb to parade at office. but, swire flu...... u might wan to send cakes only.

like u, i took 2 mths. the rest i use it for bb check up. i guess there s no std practice la. ur preference and nature of ur work...

chiro

hi jongivy, people usually give out vouchers to colleagues before (eg 1 day or on friday if the 1 month anniversary date falls on weekend or public holiday) 1 month celebration party at home so that it will be easier for them to manage just 1 event at 1 time. ↲try not to give out when you go back to work when baby is 2 months old as it would defeat the purpose of your colleagues sharing your joy of your baby turning 1 month. ↲Usually full month celebration vouchers would have special wordings like '1 month or full month' . Bring along spare vouchers just in case you receive unexpected gifts from your colleagu↲. As my company got over 500staff, i cannot give everyone.so i brought something for the colleagues seated on same floor as me. And for my colleagues who work in same department as me, i gave them the glutinous rice , ang gu kueh and red eggs that my mother in law prepared. I was caught off guard when almost 20 other colleagues chipped in an ang bao for me. I made another trip back to office the following monday with the full month vouchers.
Hi all,

Can anyone give advise on what is the standard procedure? Should I give the full moon voucehr/gift right on the dot of 1 month, or should I wait until I get back to work on the 2nd month for the colleagues?

I opted for 2 months maternity, and the rest to be taken staggeredly. So I thought it'll be more convenient to give when I return to work for the colleagues. What's the "standard" practise?

apollo

yes u have to give on 1st mth and not 2nd.. normaly ppl start giving few days b4 1mth.. dun have to gif "on the dot" but cannot gif later than 1mth..