Ginseng, Bird nest

peacefulgal

anyone take the above during their pregnancy? I know some mothers do take bird nest throughout the pregnancy. Are the above good for preggie ladies?

Yuki Miaka

anyone take the above during their pregnancy? I know some mothers do take bird nest throughout the pregnancy. Are the above good for preggie ladies?

birdnest is good to eat starting from second trimester... i almost eat it everyday during my seconf stage of pregnancy.

eating birdnest during pregnancy, baby will has smoother skin complex, better immunity .

i do take ginseng every alternate days ever since 1st trimester, my mom said to give me strength.
for birdnest i heard people say not to take too early, my mom only let me eat now that im in 3rd trimester.

xiaobb

Alpha Male
hi do anyone take the Lau Hang Jia's birdnest? how long can we keep after opening it?please adviced

JusMum

Ginseng is good , i do takes when preggies , but for bird nest i only take sometime , like twice a month , in moderation should be ok ~~@

lonerjas

Ginseng is good but rather heaty so i prefer not too.. I usually tk birdnest from 2nd tri and increase my intake as time goes by..

nancy

I took Lo Hong Ka's concentrated bird's nest during my 2nd trimester onwards. Once open, store it in refrigerator for not more than a month or when the contents became watery. Keep it away from food that stinks (eg fish). Use a clean metal spoon to scoop up the contents before putting into yr mouth.

My baby girl came out very fair with smooth complex after I diligently consumed bird'snest during my pregnancy. Initially I thought it was due to the cocomut juice I drank b4 my delivery but later realised that it could most probably due to the bird's nest which I ate. Really worth trying it.

nancy

However, I took ginseng during my 3rd trimester and it was so heaty that I totally lost my voice for nearly a week and my nose bled. I was very sick and had to take 1 month mc from work as my gynae said that I need to recover fully before I delivered my baby. Later the nurse told me that I should not consume ginseng at all during pregnancy. Better think twice before consuming ginseng.

iwan2noe

birdnest is good to eat starting from second trimester... i almost eat it everyday during my seconf stage of pregnancy.

eating birdnest during pregnancy, baby will has smoother skin complex, better immunity .
Hmm... But i was told by an elderly that pregnant ladies shouldn't avoid taking too much bird nest. His school of thought is that bird nest is of 'cooling' properties so may cause babies to have asthma when they are born...

Just his school of thot... anyone shares the same tots as him?

Ting

i took birdnest everyday from second tri onwards.. (arnd 4 mths)
its those "instant" kind which dun require cooking. just scoop from the bottle to eat.
twice a day, morn n night once.
:)

iwan2noe

However, I took ginseng during my 3rd trimester and it was so heaty that I totally lost my voice for nearly a week and my nose bled. I was very sick and had to take 1 month mc from work as my gynae said that I need to recover fully before I delivered my baby. Later the nurse told me that I should not consume ginseng at all during pregnancy. Better think twice before consuming ginseng.
Hi Nancy,

i agree with what u say. for me when I take the krean ginseng, I also felt heaty. So i don't take so regularly.. But ginseng is touted to help strengthen the women's body and i think immunity. korean kids are v strong bcoz they are fed ginseng since they are of a tender age. I think they can take ginseng due to their ever good weather condition there, pls their lifestyle is so different from ours, in sg where food are not so healthy and always fried and highly processed..

Hmm, I think that it also depends on which type of ginseng u are taking..There are a few types so if you consume those that is very 'bu' type then it will cause u to become v heaty.. There are some types that are catered for pregnant woman.. Of coz what i mean is also that not all pregnant ladies are suitable due to the constituition of their body.... each individual differs i guess...

Must really seek advice from some experienced personnel or elderly b4 consuming and ya, think carefully b4 u start taking ginseng and other tonics :)

Hope I am not too long winded :p:err:

apollo

i only took birdnest from 2nd tri onwards.. mine is those brew type so take once or twice a week...

kuchilek

Some cautions about ginseng though:

1. If you take it regularly, your body becomes immune to it. So, you need to have some interval in order for it to be effective.
2. Ginseng is known to promote blood circulation. As such, it thins the blood. This might cause excessive bleeding as it will be more difficult for blood to clot during delivery.

Best is to check with your gynea. My gynea told me better not to take ginseng, but she is ok with other herbs that are not so strong, such as tong sum and red dates.

stonston

Kuchilek is right. Ginseng thins the blood, avoid taking during pregnancy.

I took bird nest throughout 2nd and 3rd tri. I did not take those instant ones, my mum brewed for me on alternate days cos I prefer it cold, she'll keep in the fridge for 2-3 days for me :)

adelynn

i started taking bird nest concentrate 2 tablespoon each day (1 in AM, 1 in PM) since tested positive. As i started entering my 3rd trimester, i continue with this routine but increase from 2 tablespoon each day to 6 tablespoon.

My mum says that baby will have good skin especially when taking from 3rd trimester.

As for ginseng, totally didn't take Eu Yan Seng (not sure if i spelt it correctly) as does not recommend to take.

WinnieL

I take birds' nest quite regularly since my 2nd trimester... just those instant ones. but sometimes, mum will boil birds nest for me. apparently, birds nest boiled with rock sugar is good.

lonerjas

i took birdnest everyday from second tri onwards.. (arnd 4 mths)
its those "instant" kind which dont require cooking. just scoop from the bottle to eat.
twice a day, morn and night once.
:)
same same i did like u from 2nd tri onwards... not nv everyday only finaly mth den i everyday... My gal skin gd, no asthma ( even thou my hubby got asthma ) I avoid ginseng cos my body heaty, don wan take heaty stuff i scare nose bled leh

Yuki Miaka

hi do anyone take the Lau Hang Jia's birdnest? how long can we keep after opening it?please adviced
Ginseng is good , i do takes when preggies , but for bird nest i only take sometime , like twice a month , in moderation should be ok ~~@

if can, try to buy those birdnest that need u boil at home, dun buy bottle type. bottle birdnest are mostly chosen from those left over birdnest, that's too dirty to wash, they just bleach it and processed into bottle.

And to have a more significant effect, birdnest should eat more regularly eg: at least twice a week, the amount to eat per serving dun need to be alot but the consistency is more important.

Like i usually boil 1-2 piece of birdnest and every night before sleep, i will eat a small cup and usually one boiling can last me for 5 days to a week plus.

Yuki Miaka

Hmm... But i was told by an elderly that pregnant ladies shouldn't avoid taking too much bird nest. His school of thought is that bird nest is of 'cooling' properties so may cause babies to have asthma when they are born...

Just his school of thot... anyone shares the same tots as him?

second trimester onwards , pregnant woman start to get heat, that's the time to tart on birdnest.. but i dont eat alot of birdnest per serving.. i just eat a small cup.. nomatter how much you eat, the body can only absorb to a certain a limit, so no point eating alot at one time, small amount everyday is better than eating alot in one whole shot for a month.

i have asthma since young but my baby dun hav asthma leh. I know asthma can be inherited so that's why i eating birdnest during pregnancy & even now when i am still breastfeeding, because birdnest is good for thoat actually.

even when we eat our food, it's always better than we eat small amount per meal but more meals per day than eating alot in one meal and then cut down no of meal per day.

Last edited: