Gleneagles or Mount Alvernia?

shelle

Hi Dilys,

Yes, I agree with you that male gynaes are generally much better. But to each his own.

By the way, any feedback on Mount Elizabeth Hospital? My gynae only delivers there. Seems like I dont't have much choice like others do now since i'm getting comfortable with my gynae...
I switched my gynae at 18 wks as my previous gynae only delivers at mt elizabeth and I'm planning to deliver at gleneagles. Just went for the maternity tour at gleneagles and was impressed by thefact that they had eu Yang senandg confinement menu, with limo sending you back home as well as the deluxe 1 bedroom. Looks so cosy & well renovated. For mount Elizabeth, rooms are old, traffic bad, parking expensive.. so I prefer gleneagles.

mflee1312

hi, my edd is in sept n will b having mine in Gleneagles. Im seeing Dr See Tho who is very very experience gynae who helps wif my aunts, cousins & nieces birth.

his price may b steep (S$200+ per visit incld scan & medication) but trust me he's super gentle n experience.

hihi im a first time mom too n my edd is in oct...im considering gleaneagles..anyone can recommend wic gynae n the breakdown costs etc from consultation to delivery?

Hi Dilys,

Yes, I agree with you that male gynaes are generally much better. But to each his own.

By the way, any feedback on Mount Elizabeth Hospital? My gynae only delivers there. Seems like I dont't have much choice like others do now since i'm getting comfortable with my gynae...
I switched my gynae at 18 wks as my previous gynae only delivers at mt elizabeth and I'm planning to deliver at gleneagles. Just went for the maternity tour at gleneagles and was impressed by thefact that they had eu Yang senandg confinement menu, with limo sending you back home as well as the deluxe 1 bedroom. Looks so cosy & well renovated. For mount Elizabeth, rooms are old, traffic bad, parking expensive.. so I prefer gleneagles.
Hi Shelle,

Have you tried touring around Mount E as well? I couldn't agree more with you that Mount E looks old for its rooms. I guess I'll make my way down to Mount E and have a look first. Thanks for your analysis! :)

hanaficionado

Hi all!!!

How about parkway east shore? is it good there? My mum delivered my sis there and she urged me to try. however we are residing at sengkang and for the past 2 appts we been visiting Dr Sharmini at Raffles Medical Compass Point. She's very nice but the price too expensive. thought of switching very soon to Mt E, Mt A or East Shore. last resort, KK since many feedback stated that KK gynae always not there for u during delivery. So yep! we are still cracking our heads at the 7th week of pregnancy. not too late right???

Dilys

Hi all!!!

How about parkway east shore? is it good there? My mum delivered my sis there and she urged me to try. however we are residing at sengkang and for the past 2 appts we been visiting Dr Sharmini at Raffles Medical Compass Point. She's very nice but the price too expensive. thought of switching very soon to Mt E, Mt A or East Shore. last resort, KK since many feedback stated that KK gynae always not there for u during delivery. So yep! we are still cracking our heads at the 7th week of pregnancy. not too late right???
Hi dear..

You may wish to try my gynae . He is Dr Chen Lin Han from Yishun Chong Pang. He is very fatherly & friendly. His charges is about $700 + including vit.
He delivered at Mount A only !

xuandy

mine will be at mt A, my gf are there, my cousin are oso there. but partly bcos my gynae is from there too...

alot of good remarks abt mt a too :)

BedAndRoses

GleanE, just delivered jan2012..very good lactation consultant,confinement food,friendly and warm staff.. Ob's great anthony siow yew ming
Hi Raxie,

I'm also considering to use dr anthony siow. i've only ever had 1 visit with him and seems to be quite patient and passionate about babies! Just wanted to hear your opinion on your experience with him? In particular, was he good with stitching up (assumgin normal delivery)? fast recovery?

any other tips that might be useful for a first-time mom-to-be? :001_302: many thanks in advance!!

wamy

im also delivering in Gleneagles this month.. under Dr.Mary Yang... when we our do pre registration.. my hubby left his fone on the reception... and they return it.. i hope the nurses will be nice also during labor...

Angeldust

I think both hospitals have gd feedback just that GlenE might more costly. And Mount A got construction works going on now so might be noisy if you are due b4 it's finished.

marmalade

I think both hospitals have good feedback just that GlenE might more costly. And Mount A got construction works going on now so might be noisy if you are due before it's finished.
just call the hospital, they only say the construction will end next year but dunno which month. sigh.