Good day everyone.

Just want to know,

Is there any good pediatrician located north,east,central of Singapore whereby,
- Very patience especially to 1st timer parent
- Will not rush the consultation maybe due to a lot of patients outside
- Knowledgable
- Friendly and approachable
- Can use baby bonus card

Thanks for sharing as I'm simply very disappointed the previous one. :we2Randy-git:

cmeilim

i can recommend my PD, Dr Appan, Indian lady, from The Children's Clinic at Bishan. Fulfils all your criteria except can't use baby bonus card. The clinic opens on weekends too.

Last edited:

lekdao

i can recommend my pediatrician, Dr Appan, Indian lady, from The Children's Clinic at Bishan. Fulfils all your criteria except can't use baby bonus card.

I would like to recommend my PD Dr. Teoh, old Chinese guy from Mt. E Hospital (#09-05). He is very patient, anti-medicine , give good advise taking care of the baby. Not sure can use baby bonus card. Mayb you wanna call to check with them. The best i like abt the clinic is they open on saturday afternoon too.

rainbow123

I use Dr Ong , Aglow
United square.

Alot of patients but never rush me before.
I will prepare a long list to ask everytime i go . So far so good .
Very patient.
:001_302:

Phyllis15

You can try Dr Ong from Aglow Baby & Child Clinic at United Square... Very consientious and received very positive feedback after recommending to many of my relatives & friends... & can definitely use baby bonus card.

rainbow123

Actually even thru recommendation , u might not get what u want .
Thru own experience , my colleauge introduce me her PD .
This PD give me a horrible experience till my sister want to go MOH to complain her . It is really very bad experience that i went thru .

Then i went to Dr Ong and we are very comfortable with him .
So it all depends .... :001_302:

Just wondering. Previously i went to some particular PD and i was told to go for a assesment on her 1o months. But after experience bad service from her when my baby got high fever, can i go to other PD for assesment?

cmeilim

i see no harm. if yr babe had no problem at her previous devt assessment, there is no need to follow up with the same PD. even if there was any problem (touch wood!), your previous PD would hv indicated it in the health booklet and talked through with you, so you should be able to seek second opinion from another PD.

our babe has seen three PDs before we settled on one. even then, to save $$$, we take him to GP for his vaccinations and the GP threw in free devt assessment each time, going thru all the height/weight/head circumference measurements as well as the checklist in the health booklet. =)

apollo

i dun bring ds to checkup mthly. my pd also nv tell us when to come bk for checkup cos he is perfectly alright. pd will only check him when we bring him to vaccinations. =)

The previous PD said my daughter head is a bit big like mine that indirectly affecting her learning of sitting and other action to be slower. So require us to bring her on the tenth month. Plus some other small issue. So far in mind, my working friend recommend me to bring her to see the PD in hougang. Anthony's Baby & Children Doctor. Anyone heard of this PD? Maybe the above mentioned Dr Ong may be in the list of deciding.

ery first time i brought my daughter to normal GP at Sembawang, the doctor very good and caring sia. Very patient too. I forgotten his name but now he was located at Pasir Ris MRT Healthway Clinic.

Phoebii Cheng

I don't think head big makes a diff in learning how to sit......cos' every bb's milestone is different, every bb is an individual you cannot compare with a chart or another bb........

My son's head also a bit big.....one of my colleague says head big is those born of c-sec, is ur bb born of c-sec?

I bring my son to a PD in Siglap area, he is v experienced, cos' my hubby sees him when he was bb.....his clinic is Kai Clinic, he is v assuring, and steady, normally it is me tht is more "kan cheong" :tlaugh:

I think a good PD is one who is able to put parent's mind at ease

cmeilim

my boy's head has always been big since birth. As in at least 97% percentile if not over and above the charts for his age. PD only mentioned it once during the first devt assessment but said it was not a cause of worry if he is developing fine otherwise, and subsequent PDs and GPs never alerted us to any problem again. Don't think my boy is particularly fast or slow in his gross and fine skills. Eg he was slow to crawl, but very quick to walk. Like what mummy phoebii said, children grow at different rates at different times.

apollo

The previous pediatrician said my daughter head is a bit big like mine that indirectly affecting her learning of sitting and other action to be slower. So require us to bring her on the tenth month. Plus some other small issue. So far in mind, my working friend recommend me to bring her to see the pediatrician in hougang. Anthony's Baby & Children Doctor. Anyone heard of this pediatrician? Maybe the above mentioned Dr Ong may be in the list of deciding.

ery first time i brought my daughter to normal GP at Sembawang, the doctor very good and caring sia. Very patient too. I forgotten his name but now he was located at Pasir Ris MRT Healthway Clinic.
i heard of Dr Anthony b4.. heard tt he is v good and detailed. =)

Agree with mummies above. Can see my daughter making some progress compare now and 8th month. Maybe as what you said, slow in this, faster in that. Coz till now my daughter still cannot sit by herself nor crawl forward but she can stand and dance very steady with min. assistance from daddy/mummy holding to her arm.