Gyne Tan Kim Teng fm KKH

jmtlam

Hi

Anyone seeing gyne Tan Kim Teng fm KKH? Can share your comment on this gyne?
Dr KT Tan? I think she is those whom if you don't ask, she won't tell. But can see that the nurses treat her patients with priority cos' she is a senior consultant. My colleagues were under her and say she is good. Myself - yet to comment.

deardar

Dr KT Tan she is a snr consultant ..
she is very chatty she like to chat wif nurses alots
she dun really smile at all
i personally dun like her

hi..
was under her for my 1st bb.. she's great n gave me d confidence of knowin wat she is doin.. will b seein her again if plan for next one.. hehe...

shiseru

I am currently seeing her, recommended by my personal doctor. I have seen her only 3 times, so can't comment much but so far I am quite comfortable with her.

Usually consultation is fast, Dr Tan is not a person with many words :001_302:

snowbear

I am currently seeing her, recommended by my personal doctor. I have seen her only 3 times, so can't comment much but so far I am quite comfortable with her.

Usually consultation is fast, Dr Tan is not a person with many words :001_302:
haha... yes, agree. She's a woman of few words... but VERY VERY professional. Feel totally safe in her hands. Would definitely go back to her for 2nd baby.

Nurses treat her patients better coz she's the head gynae of KKH. I got to benefit from it so i'm not complaining... :D

shiseru

Wow, words of assurance. Thank you snowbear :tlaugh:

I must say not all people can accept her style, some will think she very "dao" others may feel she's a little "cold & uncaring". I heard a lot of raves about her, but at the same time, some rants too :001_302:

marlysha

my gynae is also KT Tan tis is my 1st time took her as my gynae...recommended by my SIL...i only met her once...ive to agree tat she is a person wif few words...

shiseru

Oh marlysha, I am also staying at Compassvale Crescent, Sengkang, what a conicidence!How many months pregnant are you now? :001_302:

I understand she is very experience but I just wish I can see more feedback about Dr KT Tan.

marlysha

Oh marlysha, I am also staying at Compassvale Crescent, Sengkang, what a conicidence!How many months pregnant are you now? :001_302:

I understand she is very experience but I just wish I can see more feedback about Dr KT Tan.
oh reallly....tats gr8

well im abt 2mths pregnant...still 1st trimester....next wk gonna see her again...for the 2nd time....

how abt urself..how many mths pregnant are u?

sharonyi66

Hi, i'm a 2nd time patient with Doc KT Tan.

She's a woman with very less words but once you start asking her questions, she will give you the best of her knowledge to you.

Don't worry, You are in the safe hands of hers through out your pregnancy to delivery.:Dancing_wub:

shiseru

oh reallly....tats gr8

well im about 2mths pregnant...still 1st trimester....next wk gonna see her again...for the 2nd time....

how about yourself..how many mths pregnant are you?
I am almost to 15 weeks, gonna see Dr Tan in 3 more weeks, maybe can know the gender haha :001_302:

Great sharonyi66, I did hear that Dr Tan is fast and efficient when it comes to delivery too. A lot of people seeing her now are mostly recommended by their friends or relatives.

sharonyi66

I am almost to 15 weeks, gonna see Dr Tan in 3 more weeks, maybe can know the gender haha :001_302:

Great sharonyi66, I did hear that Dr Tan is fast and efficient when it comes to delivery too. A lot of people seeing her now are mostly recommended by their friends or relatives.
I almost forgot abt my delivery process as i was in a painful 25hrs labour even with epi on... :(

But i do remember she asked me to pushed 3 times and my baby is out!

And i can say that Dr Tan stitching is excellent as i recover about 1 week and she even gave solution for her patient to clean on the wound as I heard some gynae don't give at all.

Dr Tan is recommended to me by my gf and someone else recommended Dr Tan to her AND, I recommended Dr Tan to my other gf too! :tlaugh:

snowbear

Wow, words of assurance. Thank you snowbear :tlaugh:

I must say not all people can accept her style, some will think she very "dao" others may feel she's a little "cold & uncaring". I heard a lot of raves about her, but at the same time, some rants too :001_302:
Actually i also feel that she's "cold and uncaring". But there was once i was very stressed at work (when i was abt 6-7mths preg) and i told her abt it n she was soooo nice abt it. Totally unlike what i had encountered earlier. Just gotta get used to her style. Most of the time she doesn't say much. It's just her way of dealing with patients, dun need to take it personally. :001_302:

Mummies, is Dr Tan Kim Teng stitching skill good?
I had another gynae doing the stitching for my 1st delivery n KT Tan for my 2nd one. I prefer KT Tan's stitching. She didnt give me anything to apply after delivery but my stitches recovered fast. Her advice was to walk more if wan to recover fast.

She's my gynae for my 3rd pregnancy

JacTan

Dr Tan was gynae to my BB 9 months ago.

Her consultation is fast & efficient if everything is ok. She doesn’t say much unless you have questions for her.

As BB was still contend staying in my tummy towards the 40th week, Dr Tan suggested for me to go for induction to prevent complication. She let me chose my preferred date.

Mine was a natural birth and labour lasted for 6 hours+ (not on epi). Dr Tan gave solution to apply to the stitch and I am up and running in 2 weeks! :)

While I was recovering in the ward, she asked the nurse to collect my used maternity pad and urine on 2 separate occasions. According to the nurse, Dr Tan wants to make sure that I am able to pass urine as per normal and she wants see the pad to ensure that everything is fine. The amount of urine the nurse collect in 1 sitting has to exceed the requirement set by Dr Tan or else she would have to collect it again at another timing. Dr Tan is the only gynae who requested for those items.

Dr Tan is quite well respected in KKH and nurses know her style. For those patients under her, nurse would prepare the documents and placed it neatly on the table for Dr Tan’s visitation the next day.

Thumbs up for Dr Tan! :Dancing_wub: