H1N1 Vaccination.

Pwiincess

According to the news, the Goverment introduced two H1N1 jabs for children up to ten years old. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Any mummies intend to bring your babies for the jab? Why?

Where do you go to? Let's compare the prices between hospitals, polyclinics and private clinics.

Last edited:

Phoebii Cheng

I dun think will bring my son for the vaccination, cos' it is still in the first phase....dare not take the risk of side effect......

Cos for the adult vaccination, heard the news that one lady had a serious side effect, her body swelled and had to be hospitalized

apollo

i will not let ds take this vaccine.. cos it's still 'new'.. even adults get the side effect, i'm afraid the side effects on babies will be stronger...

even my family, all adults alrdy, we dont intend to take the vaccine esp aft seeing so many ppl suffering from the side effects..

TANZHENZHI

I won't take my son for the vaccination too. Heard the news even if you took the jab, not 100% you won't get the illness. ;)

Shirix

I'm going Japan for 11 days in early Jan.. do you think i should have the injection??
I'm still breastfeeding my 6mths babies up till now and as i do not have enough milk for him, i supplement with once FM every day...

I'm in dillema now.. My mum ask me to stop feeding BF now as she want baby to get used to FM when i go Japan. But i dont't really want to, so i'm thinking of some alternative. Let me know which is a better alternative

1) As long as i'm still in spore, i will just give BF to him
2) I will just give him one meal of breast milk everyday and store the rest so that he still can enjoy breast milk when i'm not around. But i'm worried that he dont like frezzing milk then my milk will go to waste

Lastly i worried that if i have the injection, then i can't give him milk...

Mummy to Baby V

Hi Shirix, I think it's better to get advice from a lactation consultant for your son's best interest. Breastmlk is the best and there must be a way for you to continue breastfeeding even if you are going on a long trip. E.g. Introduce pumped, frozen and thawed milk to your boy once a day now to check his reaction and increase the amount. If he can accept a formula feed a day, he shd be ok with Mum's thawed milk. Have to pump regularly when overseas to keep the supply up too.

All the best and remember breastmilk is the best! :)

My son's pediatrician said the H1N1 vaccine is unnecessary unless we are going to winter countries for vacation.

Cheers,
Mummy to Baby V
Mummy's Reviews

annie

my girl took. we are staying in japan. need 2 shots. no side effects or watsoever. the vacine is made in japan. i was very skeptical bout the vaccine as well as wat many ppl said, its 'new' and even if u take it, it dosent mean u wont get H1N1. but i watched many discussions on this on tv here and one sentence which a doc said on tv made me decide to let her go for it..

"every yr, flu virus change and thus flu vaccine needs to be modified yearly. so the flu shot every yr is 'new' and thus have to be taken yearly unlike those bb jabs eg HepB, DPT. So y no one is worried about the seasonal flu jab being 'new'??"

H1N1 is jsut another 'new' flu thus i see no pt to worry bout it that much base on the sentence above. my girl took the seasonal flu jab as well. 2 shots too. both H1N1 n seasonal n no side effects at all. not even a swell or redness there. no doubt both flu jabs wont prevent her to get flu but it will minimise the pain if they should get sick thus im all in to let her take it.

singapore is not a winter country but there are ppl who suffer from H1N1 also right? i think it has nothing to do with the season.. its the country.. if there are quite alot of H1N1 cases in that country then its best to take it. if not then its ok not to take it.

Shirix. u CAN breastfeed even after taking vaccination iirc. ask your doc about it. if its me, cant breastfeed then i wont take the jab hehe. i haven fren even thinking if its better that they take the H1N1 jab n breastfeed so maybe the baby can get the immunity there without having to risk taking the jab~ lol.

yes agree with mummy to baby very.. u can start pumping very very often now n freeze them so your mum can feed the baby when u r away.. btw, just curious. y dun bring bb? thats the easiest isnt it? hehe. no need to pump n store..

Last edited:

Pwiincess

thanks mummies for sharing! I actually have very little knowledge about the jab thus wish to know more.. I dont watch the news, that's why. Haha.

Shirix

Its snowing in Japan in Jan.. I scare my baby cannot take the coldness... Actually i regret booking this tour but if i want to cancel now, it costs me $500.... so ex loh... dun wan to waste my money like that.... I would really love to bring him there but i think its too cold for him...

regarding bm, the problem is i do not have enough for him every day thats why i supplement with once or twice of FM... If i want to store BM for him when i'm not ard, this means i need to supplement 3 or 4 times of FM so when i'm not ard, hes still can drink at least one time of BM.. But my mum said i stupid, why waste my fresh milk...can just give it to him then he will drink FM every day when i'm not ard... but i thought maybe he will "miss" my milk mah... Any good advise??