hair cut for a 4mth old baby

diymummy

You mean to shave botak? Or to trim?? Hehe...

My boy is almost 10mths now.. He has a lot of hair... I wanna trim it coz it's tickling his ears. But I also don't know where to bring him as he's also very fidgety....

adv_sports

when my baby girl was 4mth old, i brought her to a kids' saloon for her first hair cut -- to shave botak... they hv a small screen playing barney show -- my girl was glued to the screen throughout the process :) be warn that there will be hair all over baby's clothes after the hair cut --- i had a hard time cleaning the new romper that my girl was wearing!

many of my friends juz bring their babies to normal saloon though...

apollo

i brought ds to a kids salon too.. but not those got tv one.. a fren intro me cos they quite pro in kids and babies.. ds didnt cry at alll (he was a fussy king!). hehe...

agree with advsports, the clothes will be full of HAIR!! better bring along a new top/romper to change aft tt...

chiro

my dh shaved ds's head twice...

The first time was when he was 2mths old.. Second time was when he was 6mths old.

Let him watch bb einstein on youtube from my phone...

CanCanMum

mummies, do you bring your baby to the normal hair saloon to cut/trim their hair or you do it yourself?
my mums friend is a hairdresser who works from home~~~

so we got her to come over our house to trim trim Baber's hair at 1 months old, keep inside red packet the little strands of baby hair, den ask her come over and shave baber's head when he was 4months old.....

i cannot DIY coz the head too soft and i scared i accidentally shaved the skull lols~~~~

now is hubbie's responsibility~~~lols~~~

Ting

Ting, how old was your gal when you brought her? and which salon was it?

diymummy: just trimming, not looking to shave :)
uh... i cant really rmb...
i think, first time when she was maybe 4-5 mths old? then the 2nd time is abt 8-9 mths??
i only rmb its b4 she could walk.
1st time, i carried her on my lap n then the hairdresser just cut for her.
2nd time is i left her on the chair but supporting her.
1st one was at reds, at PS.
2nd one is at my fren's salon. used to be located at my hse now he moved to fortune centre.
i think my fren's one is better, he has more experience cos he has 2 sons himself.

raeka

I had bring my boy to normal saloon 2 months ago for Haircut but he cried alot.. as the shaver gave out noise that scare him.

Recently, we bring him to the TOY "R" US children saloon , there have TV to watch , stickers , toys and balloon to distract him.. well, he didn't cry and we are happy with it.:red:

But the hair cut was expensive lor.. $20/-.