Hair Loss

slm070399

Hi, anyone of you out there experience hair loss after baby turns 1?
Is that bad that colleagues even notice. What did you do?
Care to share your experience and give some advice?

1568mummy

Fret not girl, its really really normal...

cos when we are pregnant all the way till baby is about 8-10months, our hair does NOT drop! that's why we have fuller hair during that period if you notice. Its because of the changes that's taking place in our body.... somehow it 'retains' the hair and prevent it from falling.....

thereafter, hair starts to fall off, these are hair that SHOULD HAVE FALLEN off way back when you are pregnant!!! (you know every NORMAL human will have fallen hair everyday right? well, when we are pregnant, we are Abnormal *huge laugh*)

huge chunks of hair will start to drop for MONTHS!!!! Mine took about 4 months for such insanity hair-fall.... but I've checked with doctors it is NORMAL!!!

after that crazy 4months, my hair-fall is back to normal... but again, the period that I say is based on myself, my friends have different periods, some longer, some shorter... but eventually, it does get back to the 'normal' stage....

slm070399

OIC, coz i've read before that is ard 3 to 4 mths after birth that it starts to drop. But mine took 1 yr later then it started droppping n real badly. therefore am a bit worried as i used to have very thick hair. the dropping is on the top of the head in the parting of the hair. So many colleagues commented recently that got me real worried. Is like there are so many endless things happening to our body after birth. First was the aunty figure then i had to work real hard to get it back to pre preggie then now is the hair loss.... is really not easy being a mother. The sacrisfy that moms put in to have a baby is really alot. It just makes me respect my mom more for what she has done.;)

V

valeriegoh

OIC, coz i've read before that is ard 3 to 4 mths after birth that it starts to drop. But mine took 1 yr later then it started droppping n real badly. therefore am a bit worried as i used to have very thick hair. the dropping is on the top of the head in the parting of the hair. So many colleagues commented recently that got me real worried. Is like there are so many endless things happening to our body after birth. First was the aunty figure then i had to work real hard to get it back to pre preggie then now is the hair loss.... is really not easy being a mother. The sacrisfy that moms put in to have a baby is really alot. It just makes me respect my mom more for what she has done.;)
Ya.. all these sacrifices are just the beginning..

There's still a long way down the road of being a mummy.......

CanCanMum

Hi, anyone of you out there experience hair loss after baby turns 1?
Is that bad that colleagues even notice. What did you do?
Care to share your experience and give some advice?
i did drop quite a lot of hair during confinement and post pregnancy...dink lasted for about 4 months or so after confinement....but after tat quite ok...

i wouldnt know wad will become of me if really experience hair loss like one patch...maybe go for those hair growth treatments???

daberdew

Well, I experience bad hair loss for the first few months after birth, was really worried then.

But subsequently, it went back to normal, so I guess dun worry too much?:001_302:

mummytingting

Apparently I tried Yanagiya Hair loss Tonic , a 50 years old brand of Japan got it from online shop. My hair loss is lesser.. and baby hair growing.

Anyway, I heard 100 strand of hair loss is normal, so need not worry to much.

Last edited:

JazN

I'm planning to get this due to good customer reviews. I've got oily scalp so wants to try. Anyone also wants to preorder when i preorder this product from USA?

PRE-ORDER | Facebook

PM me or leave a comment on my facebook