Hard n small Stools..... how?

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Ask u....

My 3 yr old gal has HARD small tools for the past 1 week... how to make it back to normal?

- She still passes stools everyday for the past 1 week... but HARD n small
- We still feed her vege n fruits everyday
- Gave her some yakult this week
- Gave her some honey last week... slightly ok... but was advised not to give too much honey for kid... so stop.
- She started on Friso 4 last Nov 08... was ok couple of months back
- We changed her to MamilGold 4 this week to see how.... still the same so far
- She was having running nose last week... ok now though after flu medication
- I thought perhaps it's the medication... so stopped liao.

Any idea?

CanCanMum

drink more water + continue giving fruits.

dun dink its due to formula.

yesh, flu medi causes hard and small stools, like go li sai rite? Same.

Funz

think its ok bah. so long as she not constipated or uncomfortable. DD stool oso like that. She always say she passing out raisins. heheh.

Honey is ok. I give my kids manuka honey UMF 10 almost daily.

LayKwan

as far as not constipation or bleeding should be fine.. last time my girl hard stool I gave her diluted prune juice or papaya will helps too..sometime I give her a bit of yogurt but not too much else will LS..

autumn82

Yea, I tink the best is to drink more fluids to replenish water loss coz she fell sick rite? Besides that, can also try prune juice & makan papaya but not too much hor! Wait LS then chamz.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Aiya.... my gal constipated since Sunday again..... small small ones...

Constipation in Children ? Causes, Symptoms and Treatment

Read this article above...
Children with constipation usually either have very large hard stools or hard pellet like stools.
Constipation may occur if your child is not eating enough high-fiber foods, drinking enough fluids or getting enough exercise. In many children, no cause for the constipation can be found.
Initial treatments usually include giving extra water or fruit juice once or twice a day. A common treatment used by parents is adding Karo syrup (what's this?) or other light or dark corn syrups to their infant's bottles of formula. While this is often discouraged because of the theoretical risk of botulism, the AAP reports that it is safe to do. If giving formula, changing to a soy formula can also be helpful.

Any1 tried soy formula? Tried once... my DD dun like....