hearing unpleasant things

My colleague is sharing about her relative who has miscarriage and she keeps talking about it I just wondering is it not good to hear such things? Or am I just pan tang? I cannot help hearing things from people..

ast0212

If it upsets you, move away... if not carry on.

Just believe your baby is healthy and growing well, don't fear of such things :)

KAmum

Superstition states that the more.u hear such things the more likely it'll happen to you.
I suggest you stay away . Superstition or not, these kinda things makes me quite depressed to hear @-@

B zhai

if it's me I will tell the colleague that I dont feel comfortable listening to all these and ask if it's ok we drop the topic.

Dragontail

Ask her to drop the topic. Pregnant ladies have "privileges". Like how my colleagues will ask me where to go for lunch as I got craving priority. Haha.

On a serious note, it's healthy to keep your mind positive during preggie. I know mishaps happen.... it can happen to anyone... even in this forum, I do not want to read into any thread that is too negative. Not that I'm not sympathetic. But at this point, you just have to do what's good for your baby. Feed the right things to your mind and soul.

Thanks for all these! Actually i know most imp is to be positive, as long as we take good care of ourselves. Things beyond our control, no point worrying over unnecessary ya.

But I will say out next time that have the right not to listen.

:)

felicity

Usually when I hear bad things (like a friend was pregnant after me and later had miscarriage, and sometimes even on news, can't avoid) I will tell bb it's ok, u will be healthy and fine, mummy loves u n mummy will protect u. I keep reassuring the bb and that reassures me too.

And yes, best is stay positive and tell bb to stay positive too! :)

Hi Felicity! Thanks! That's what i did too! Cos we can't stop what is happening to our environment.. Like sometimes pass by loud Reno sites etc. hee..

Yes! Stay positive! :)

Asphere

just stay away.. it's not healthy to hear and feel depress.i hate it when ppl tell me abt all this miscarriage.. ppl just talk as if this is a small issue. sorry but i went through miscarriage myself so i noe how it feel. sometime we just dun want to talk abt it but ppl around they talk like this is some coffee shop talk.. so irritating.. keke so just stay away..for me i just dun read on all these as it is so negative.no healthy.. keke then i everyday tell my baby he/she is going to be healthy and strong keke. must remember God give us the best gift. :D