Help... Baby sleeping timing :(

Mama_Mel

Sleep pattern seems perfectly fine... As for the night feed, some ppl encourage to wean off but for me I prefer to feed on demand. I wished my older boy sleeps earlier! He used to sleep by 9pm but after being looked after by my mum, he sleeps at 10:30 or sometimes past 11pm! Worst is that he still wales up early at 6:30 or 7am.
Hi Sunburst, My son also the same. If he sleep at 8pm or 9pm still wake up the same timing...

shi_san_yee

Dear mummies...

My son is 7mths+ now, he use to sleep around before 8pm and wake up midnight mayb 3 to 4am for milk then sleep again but wake up around 6am+. Is this normal? Does any mum had the same timing with me? Some ppl advise me to drag his sleeping time to around 10pm+ and he will wake up late... it is truth? Because we had just fix his current sleeping timing when his 4mths old... really need advise.... :embarrassed:
my 6+mth old son also sleeps at around 8pm, then i'll give him a dream feed around 11.30pm. if he finishes his feed, he'll wake up at 6+am, if not, then around 3-4am. after i feed him at 6+ he'll fall asleep again until around 9am.

but these few days i have no idea why, he'll sleep at 8pm, then wake up around 10+pm to play and be very restless and scream and cry and i will have to pat him for about close to 1 hr before he really falls asleep. very tiring.

flower99

Hi dear all, my som has abt same pattern. Sleep arn 9 plus, wakeup 3-4am, for milk feed, then sleep till 7 am. But during day time, he sleep abt 2 hrs only, not sure is that normal or too little?

crystaloves

hi

Flower99 my girl at 6 months plus sleeps the same time as ur bb too!! Dun worry its fine. .. baby will auto adjust their body in due time..alot of parents of cos will wanna adjust their baby sleeping hrs... but personally I felt let bb adjust on their own. ..

Rye

Sleeping early is good for infants. Mine when ard 10 mths was still sleeping around 7-7:30pm n waking up around 0530-6am. I simply wake up before she does to prep myself n her morning feed. Since abt 8 mths I start to drop her 3am feed. It took a mth. So u just try to drop night feed when your gut feel tells u to try again. It doesn't succeed the first time. Try again 1 week later. :) dun worry u will really appreciate next time when they sleep ard 9pm when older n wake up by 6am for sch. :)

littlesnake

hi all

how do i get my baby to slp earli at nite? my son is 4 mths old n he cant nap for long during the daytime, onli slp for 30mins..however at nite, though he is tired but he dun wan slp earli, onli slept v late ard 11pm++..any solutions?

is it possible to implement a slp routine at tis young age? i tried to get him to slp earli at nite but cannot leh...

I think your timing is very good! Baby needs sleep. Especially at night. Your colleague says that most probably at your interest so you don't need to wake up in the middle of the night. But night waking is very normal for young babies. I used to feel very embarrassed when my friends all go "waa" when they find out my baby still wakes up a few times at night. But now I have learnt to let go and instead enjoy my motherhood. Baby is only little for a short time. We adults should not try too hard to adjust baby timing to suit adult's schedule. Conclusion: your baby is doing just fine!

Rye

hi all

how do i get my baby to slp earli at nite? my son is 4 mths old n he cant nap for long during the daytime, onli slp for 30mins..however at nite, though he is tired but he dun wan slp earli, onli slept v late ard 11pm++..any solutions?

is it possible to implement a slp routine at tis young age? i tried to get him to slp earli at nite but cannot leh...
Can try to make the room as dark as u can. Close door to keep noise out.
Bath before bedtime. I tried a few bath n found J&J bedtime bath calming n helps with bedtime. A calmer baby.
Mine usually sleeps if quiet n dark. Now at 18 mths is the same. Dark n quiet.