Help! Baby's appetite decreasing

snowie28

Dear all, i have a problem with my baby boy....:tno:

He is 4mths old now n used to drink 180-210ml milk each feeding/5-6 hrs interval.

recently he seems to drink lesser n lesser, 120-150ml per feeding and each feeding interval remains the same, 5-6hrs, sometimes even longer! His per day feedings is like only 4-5 times. There is no sign of weight gain too, no sign of under feed. FYI, he is on total formula milk since he turn 1mth old.

He stil pooed 1 time/day but his poo is also lesser as his milk intake has decreased. I realise that his poo colour is greenish with a bit of yellowish col (previously is all yellowish colour), texture not too hard or watery juz abit sticky like normal.

i wonder whats wrong with his appetite and his poo colour? Anyone can advise?

Last edited:

Phoebii Cheng

Hi

could it b tht ur bb is teething? cos' when my son was at tht age, his appetite oso decreases....or mayb u might wan to try to feed rice cereal?

i tried feeding my son rice cereal when he is 4 mths but did not like it......

snowie28

Hi

could it b tht ur bb is teething? cos' when my son was at tht age, his appetite oso decreases....or mayb u might wan to try to feed rice cereal?

i tried feeding my son rice cereal when he is 4 mths but did not like it......
Teething? so fast? my ger start teething at think 6-7mths.. But i hav noticed that he been drooling lots of saliver thou, does this a sign of teething? cos he likes to suck his finger even thou i gave him pacifer which he wil often 'pui' out.

Phoebii Cheng

Hi sorry for this late reply.....

hmmm drooling a lot sounds familiar.....my son when he was teething, he oso drooled a lot....mayb u can feel his gums to see if there is slight bumps....if there is then might be teething.

Actually teachers at my son's infant care say that these days, bbs teeth v fast......

siongnelly

yes, yes... nowadays children growing very fast... teething could be the problems.... you just monitor him... if he still playing and alert will be ok... if not, then you need to check with doctor...

snowie28

thanks for the advise. Will check whether there is slight lumps on his gums. Baby boy is stil very active and alert, but has been making funny sounds recently dat makes me laugh!