Help! Bb 9mth still using 0-6mths teats

Can any1 advise me whether iz normal? I tried changing but my mil thinks she prefer the 0-6mths.. with the new teats, my mil complain every time she feed her.. :(

isabelandrew

Can any1 advise me whether iz normal? I tried changing but my mother in law thinks she prefer the 0-6mths.. with the new teats, my mother in law complain every time she feed her.. :(
what is her complaint? i was kind of in this situation before. my hubby and MIL think that bb will "choke" if i change the teat. i dun care, i change becos she grow up already. the new teat will help her to drink better. the 'hole' is slightly larger so she dun need to suck so hard and still so little milk.

my theory - bb got to learn to drink slowly.

things have been fine so far

good luck!

sugarcookie

My baby is 7mths+ and still using teats meant for 0-3mths (Pigeon S teat).

Tried giving her M teat but she dribbles like crazy. 7mths and still dribbles on an M teat!

I used to worry about it as well. But after a while, I realised that it really doesn't matter what size teat your baby uses. If you tried giving her a bigger teat and she doesn't like it, wait a few more weeks and try again.

In the meantime, don't stress over teat size!

apollo

actu i think it depends on individual babies. lik ds, he is alrdy 5mths old and we just start him with 3mth+ Avent teats few days ago... the 1st 2-3 days, he keep choking and i have to switch to the 1mth+ teat as and when he chokes.. but now he has slowly get a hang of it... my advise is, change to teat slowly, if she gets choke, faster change to the old one.. trial and error. dont force her. cos if she keeps on choking while drinking milk for a long time, she might be afraid... take ur time, and let ler take her time =)