Help!Can i give my baby eat rice cereal when he is 4 mths old?

apollo

i wanna start cos i've check, ds so far has many 'symptoms' of getting ready for solid food except that he still cant sit v well on his bumbo.. am waiting for him to be able to sit well.. hehe

Ting

i also started pin on 4 mths.
my doc gave the green light.
he say he would suggest 5 mths plus to 6 mths but if i wan to start letting her try at 4 mths i can go ahead.
:)

Frenchkitty

Part of the reason why I wanna hold out starting solids is because I want my son to remain my baby for as long as posible.
I feel sad sometimes, thinking that he is growing up and losing more n more of his "baby" ways.

One day when he wants to be independent I think I will break down and cry. :p

apollo

Part of the reason why I wanna hold out starting solids is because I want my son to remain my baby for as long as posible.
I feel sad sometimes, thinking that he is growing up and losing more n more of his "baby" ways.

sometimes is v contradicting.. i too wanna ds to grow up asap but at the same time, i hope he will still loves me when he grows up...

i asked my pd and another relief pd, both suggested me to start solid food on ds when he is 5.5mths old if i do not want to want until 6mth.. they say dont have to start on the dot of 6mth old.. haha...

Ting

well, i wish pin will stay this age forever! or maybe grow til like 5 n stop there!!!!!!!!! n i wont grow old toooooo~ maybe til im like 30 n stop tooooo!!

LOL!

snowbear

:tlaugh::tlaugh: we think in exactly the same way! Tot i'm the only one... i was oso sad when i started dd on semisolids... coz then she'd latch on less...

Frenchkitty

Snowbear yah exactly. I recently just stopped BFding because my menses came and my supply also dropped drastically.
I felt so depressed.
But after my menses stopped, I realised I still have some BM! when I expressed! So happy.

by the way, when Alicia had a more established routine at around 6-7mths how do you bring all the food out? Like porridge in thermos, then the fruit and veg puree and snacks (eg. Gerber graduates and Cheerios)??
How to keep the fruits n veg warm without mixing together into porridge cos will turn soggy?

snowbear

Snowbear yah exactly. I recently just stopped BFding because my menses came and my supply also dropped drastically.
I felt so depressed.
But after my menses stopped, I realised I still have some breast milk! when I expressed! So happy.

by the way, when Alicia had a more established routine at around 6-7mths how do you bring all the food out? Like porridge in thermos, then the fruit and veg puree and snacks (eg. Gerber graduates and Cheerios)??
How to keep the fruits n veg warm without mixing together into porridge cos will turn soggy?
actually menses come back still can bf. supply will drop for a few days but will be back to normal after that. My menses came back when alicia was only 3mths old! And i'm still bfding now and she's coming 16mths.

i bring out the porridge in a Tiger lunchbox (comes with a container for rice/porridge and two air-tight tupperwares). Costs me $49.90. fruit, veg puree and snacks i bring out in tupperware or baby cubes. When want to feed then add the stuff into the porridge then feed so wun be soggy.

I posted the pics and description of the lunchbox earlier in another thread. Here it is:

The container for rice/porridge is 0.5L. There's a larger one that can take 1L. I bought the 0.5L one coz it can take 1 ricebowl of porridge easily (tried and tested).

It's very light and easy to use. Compact too. The cover is beige and the containers are PINK.

I bought it at S$49.90 (offer price) at Carrefour. I heard from my friend that it's available at Isetan too.

Photos of my Tiger lunchbox (1st row, left to right): lunch box with label (dont ask me why they didn't put Tiger instead of Tasty Zone); the other side of the lunch box; top view of the contents of the lunchbox; (2nd row): side view

Attachments

Frenchkitty

thanks snowbear. My mum bought for me this brand Zoruji-something HAHA I dont know how to spell it never go and notice but very expensive $78.
It is cylindrical with round stackable containers and thermos.

Really good but thing is, it is heavy and bulky alamak.

Im now thinking of buying that Munchkin thermos small pots so cute and nice but I checked out Robinsons, Taka, KP but all dont have. Domique said Bt Timah has but Im staying in Tampines. Grrr...

snowbear

thanks snowbear. My mum bought for me this brand Zoruji-something HAHA I dont know how to spell it never go and notice but very expensive $78.
It is cylindrical with round stackable containers and thermos.

Really good but thing is, it is heavy and bulky alamak.

Im now thinking of buying that Munchkin thermos small pots so cute and nice but I checked out Robinsons, Taka, KP but all dont have. Domique said Bt Timah has but Im staying in Tampines. Grrr...
Was asking domique whether that cute thing can keep the food warm then she said not really... :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

ya, Tiger and Zojirushi lunch boxes and thermos containers are all very exp, sometimes even with disc still ex. hahaha