Help. Menstrual-type cramps during pregnancy

newdadmaomao

Alpha Male
Hi,

My wife is in 8 weeks pregnancy. We went to see the gnae on 2 days ago and managed to hear our baby heartbeat. Yesterday, my wife experience menstrual-type cramps (more painful than normal menstrual).However, after some rest, the pain is fully gone and glad to know that there is no spotting.

Is there anyone experience that before? Is that normal?

xicloudix

I also have cramps in my 1st trimester, asked the gynae, he told me as long as no bleeding then its alright... its normal to have cramps as body is trying to adjust to having a baby inside...

however if the cramp is unbearable/ spotting or bleeding, see doc immediately..

Phoebii Cheng

Tell ur wife to rest more.....that time I also have that....and I have a bit of menses....was worried went to see the A&E at KKH, but thank God still can see my bb & hear his heartbeat, at that time I was abt 10wks

Rest Rest & more rest especially in 1st trimester........dun worry too much, however, if you really dun feel peaceful, then go check with ur gynae....to be on the safe side

angelwendy

Don't worry ya... i also have the same problem when i'm about 8 weeks - 10 weeks... & i was so worried that time when to KKH but baby is fine... as long as no bleeding is ok... just rest welll.. sometime cause our muscle all that expending... if too woried can always call up the hospital to ask... the nurse will guide u along.. :001_302: at the moment rest well k...

newdadmaomao

Alpha Male
Hi Phoebii & Xicloudix,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I'm glad to see that it's quite normal. Since there is no spotting, we shouldn't worried too much then.

Xie Xie ni meng

Hi! Im at my 8th week too and i have the same probs. it'll come and go too. very very painful cramps. but i just lie down and let it go off by itself. i read that if there is no spotting and no blood then it shud b ok.

anyway, congrats to u and ur wife! :Dancing_wub:

Phoebii Cheng

Better get a gynae soon.....at least gynae can help answering lots of questions that we have esp 1st pregnancy....

Btw are u taking folic acid?

Better get a gynae soon.....at least gynae can help answering lots of questions that we have esp 1st pregnancy....

Btw are you taking folic acid?
Hello. oh im still undecided btw Dr Michele from tmc or Dr Brenda from Gleneagles.

yes, im taking folic acid. got them from the poly when i did the pregnancy test.

hueychye79

Hi,

My wife is in 8 weeks pregnancy. We went to see the gnae on 2 days ago and managed to hear our baby heartbeat. Yesterday, my wife experience menstrual-type cramps (more painful than normal menstrual).However, after some rest, the pain is fully gone and glad to know that there is no spotting.

Is there anyone experience that before? Is that normal?
Hi, first of all want to congrat you.

Is normal your wife will feel pain, I think is suppose at left side of the tummy. Right?

Is due the womb is expending when your baby is growing.

Like mention by all others mummies, if no spotting is all right.

Ask your wife rest and sleep as much as possible. :001_302:

Enjoy and share the happy and unhappies with your wife is very important.

Is it to prevent the pre-natal depression.

Oh! You can start to search around the stress mark cream for your wife. :tlaugh: