Help! my baby doesn't like to bathe & diaper

Hi, my 2 week old baby cries very hard when we change his clothes, diaper him & bathe him. He doesn't like the exposed feeling. Is there any way to make him feel more comfortable & not cry so hard?

hnfarin

Hi, did u switch off the fans/ air-con or close the window when helping him change? some kids find it "colder" and they are scared of this feeling, my son don't but my daughter does when she's around your bb's age, it did help when we close the windows n off the fan while helping her change, but sometimes when she stills cries we'll just hold her upright/carry her and change instead of let her lie down on the bed, same as when bathing coz maybe she's scared and need comfort.
Had alot of "wet parties" when bathing her but as log as she's ok, we parents are ok.
Hope my little tips helps.:tlaugh:

wenz

Hi,

My personal experience is usually newborn will have an unsecure feeling when beinh exposed, either by crying very hard or keep 'jerk-ing' like having a shock... wat i did was instead of stripping them fully naked, when i bathing my DD i'll wash her hair first with her body fully covered den slowly tap her chest with warm water den put her into the tub... after bathe i'll keep her wrap in towel when i put on the diapers, cover her lower body when i put on her clothes lastly i'wll wrap her up asap. when changing also the same... remove the clothes with her tummy and lower body covered with towel first den after that cover her upper body when comes to changing her diapers, i will not says it fully helps but somehow reduce the shock and unsecure feeling they have...
when they are 2months up, they'll be fine!

Hope this helps~~ =)

susern

Some baby cried when bathing. My elder boy love bathing when he is abt e age of ur bb but my younger cried like hell as if u have beaten him up. Soon they will enjoy bathing de.

Maybe bcos the environment is cold. Must remember that an infant body temperature is not like adult. They easily feel cold when being exposed. My newborn also the same. Cry & cry during bathing/changing time. But now @ 5mths old,he enjoy his morning & evening bathe.:tlaugh:Never fail to give me that cheeky smile.

Hi, thanks for the suggestions gals.

I didn't switch the fan on but kept the windows open. But it wasn't windy though. Maybe I could try closing the windows next time. As far as possible, we cover his exposed skin during bathing & changing too. Hmmm.. guess I'll have to wait longer till he enjoys bathing & not cry.

CanCanMum

wow today, my baby stopped crying when bathing! Guess he's beginning to like it. Hee :Dancing_tongue:
GOOD!

As for your earlier query, while i changed my boy last time, i always cover him with a cloth diaper while i apply the anti-wind lotion/baby powder and then quickly change diaper and dress him up before he gets grouchy....yeah, gotta be fast...very stressed also....HAHAHA...everything to be done in less than 40 seconds ...room has to be airy but not stuffy and neither too windy....Difficult hor?

when he is bigger, around 3-4 months when he starts kicking and throwing his arms around while i was tryin to keep him still, i will sit on the floor with him on a changing pad, then open up my legs into a "V" and use them to press on his swinging arms/hands while i do the rest....gotta use legs to help.....Hahahah....beta do it in the room or else unglam...hahahhaa