Help...my baby is having fever after a fall from bed..

capricon

hi all,my baby fever still have not subside yet...the fever is like up and down but mostly night the fever will go up...he now doesn't feel like eatin porriage so i gave him milk but sometime he wun finish the milk that he normally if no fever will drink finish...i am so worry but my mother in law say that he is teething so the fever is normal...the fever temp go up and down like 37.6 to 38.6...yesterday feed him drink medicine but he resist drinkin it..i really dont know what to do...he also have slight cough and plegm...hai...what shld i do...

Your son seems to be hving fever from viral infection(e.g flu), the temperature will go up and down like what you mentioned. Furthermore you mentioned he has cough and phlegm, which means he has not fully recovered from his previous flu infection. I do not think it's the fall that is causing the fever.

If there is too much phlegm in his lungs, he will vomit it out which it is the body's natural reflex to purge out whatever substance that is not supposed to be in the body. If you would like to try out traditional chinese medicine, it will help to dissolve your son's phlegm. Both my kids are take traditional chinese medicine whenever they are sick, it helps to dissolve the phlegm and they have never vomited phlegm. You can pm me for contacts.

For the time being, keep your baby warm and do not bathe him. Use a warm towel and wipe him. Make sure he do not get chills as this will make his fever go higher. Give him liquid food as he will not have appetite during fever. You can dilute his milk so that it will be easier for his stomach to digest. Give him a few small meals a day so that he can digest his food or else he will vomit it out cos his stomach can't take a lot of food right now. By keeping your son warm, it'll help him to perspire and will bring down his temperature. Do not let your son sleep in air con, you can have the fan blowing up to improve air circulation, but not directly at him. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

iynix

Hi all...
hmmm his fever has gone down not really high..he doesn't vomit anymore..he only vomit 2 time from that day and he still drink his milk normally it juz that he couldn't finish all but finish 3/4 of it..i will bring him to doc tml if his fever still persist..i also worry that it the fall that causes the fever..can i know whether if it teething how long does the teeth start to grow out?

aIDa81

My baby had a fall from the bed too, but no fever and vomitting, Was worried too cause ppl say if vomit within 24hrs shd bring him to doc. He is now teething but only diarhoea no fever. So far like 3wks now the teeth not fully out yet.. dont wait any longer to see doc if the fever still persist.

Congrats on yr second pregnancy.. Take Care

CanCanMum

Hi all...
hmmm his fever has gone down not really high..he doesn't vomit anymore..he only vomit 2 time from that day and he still drink his milk normally it just that he couldn't finish all but finish 3/4 of it..i will bring him to doc tml if his fever still persist..i also worry that it the fall that causes the fever..can i know whether if it teething how long does the teeth start to grow out?
it varies from baby to baby~~~

but baber had his first 2 teeth at 4months

cannot remember how long it takes to spout tat tooth, but by one year old he oredi had a full set of milk teeth:001_302:

iynix

hi all...
My son fever has gone on the next day...thank all for the concern..but after fever he got rashes on his whole body but no worry the rashes has gone already...Ask the kk nurse they say maybe it the virus rash...which mean after virus fever den has this rash is ok de..but i also nt sure whether is it virus fever cos doc also nv tell mi so...but he got well already...hehe...really anxious to see his teeth grow...

jasobias

hi all...
My son fever has gone on the next day...thank all for the concern..but after fever he got rashes on his whole body but no worry the rashes has gone already...Ask the kk nurse they say maybe it the virus rash...which mean after virus fever then has this rash is ok ..but i also not sure whether is it virus fever cos doc also never tell mi so...but he got well already...hehe...really anxious to see his teeth grow...
Its a relief he is ok!!