Help please !! Baby is sick & doesn't drink her milk !!

Verona's

She was having slightly cough ytd then suddenly have high fever during the night but she still wake up for milk . 2 am & 4 am she drink 150ml . At 7 am when she wake up she only drink 100ml & next feed also 100ml . We bring her to her doctor afterwards . he put the med into her buttock then after that she reach home she drink again , sleep & awake , fever gone but next feed only drink 50ml till now she still don't want to drink & just fall asleep . I am very scared that she will be dehydrated & also can i feed her medicine without milk ? She is drinking too less already , she have got 2 semi-wet diapers since she come home from clinic , she poo too.. How ?!! Help please thanks !

apollo

She was having slightly cough ytd then suddenly have high fever during the night but she still wake up for milk . 2 am & 4 am she drink 150ml . At 7 am when she wake up she only drink 100ml & next feed also 100ml . We bring her to her doctor afterwards . he put the med into her buttock then after that she reach home she drink again , sleep & awake , fever gone but next feed only drink 50ml till now she still dont't want to drink & just fall asleep . I am very scared that she will be dehydrated & also can i feed her medicine without milk ? She is drinking too less already , she have got 2 semi-wet diapers since she come home from clinic , she poo too.. How ?!! Help please thanks !
today whole day she drink hw much milk in total alrdy?? their milk intake will be lower if they are ill cos lik adults, we fall ill also got no appetite. but depends on hw lil she is drinking. if the milk intake drop too much, better bring her bk to the doc or hospital to prevent dehydration.

Verona's

From 7 am till now less than 500ml .. only around 400ml ! When we try to cheer her up , her body will be weak , when she fuss we give her milk but she was rejecting all the way & in the end , we just walk her around & she fall asleep ..

apollo

From 7 am till now less than 500ml .. only around 400ml ! When we try to cheer her up , her body will be weak , when she fuss we give her milk but she was rejecting all the way & in the end , we just walk her around & she fall asleep ..
hw many mths is she? ehhh actu 400ml is still not so bad. but u still hav to observe. if tml she is still lik tt, mayb u can call up the clinic and ask if there is a need to do anything anot.

Verona's

Is it okay to just let her dirnk her medicine ? i am really worried because she from 4+ drink 50ml till now only :( What do i need make sure so i know she is okay ? ...she is 5 month old

apollo

Is it okay to just let her dirnk her medicine ? i am really worried because she from 4+ drink 50ml till now only :( What do i need make sure so i know she is okay ? ...she is 5 month old
does the medi stated any instructions lik must be taken after food/milk? if not, i think shd be okay to continue feeding her. dun wry, 5mth old taking 400ml within 24hrs when she is sick, is still acceptable, not tt bad. cos she got no appetite when sick. =)

jasobias

if milk intake drops by more than half then u have to bring her to the dr's again.5-6 wet diapers a day is a gd gauge if ur baby is drinking enuf.

Verona's

Okay .. her diapers only 2-3 like this i try to observe if she wake up later or is it fine to wake her up for milk ? she haven drink her medicine ..ANyway we will give her sips of water she will drink but comes to milk she just reject ..

vinder79

Is her throat sore?If it is yes she will reject milk cause its warm/hot.Try give her some water with rock sugar if u feel or she looks dehydrated.I dont usually practice sugar with my kids but when they are sick and not drinking milk i give them this to make sure they are still consuming liquids.

apollo

Is her throat sore?If it is yes she will reject milk cause its warm/hot.Try give her some water with rock sugar if you feel or she looks dehydrated.I dont usually practice sugar with my kids but when they are sick and not drinking milk i give them this to make sure they are still consuming liquids.
if that's the case, mayb can make the milk slightly 'cooler' instead of warm? at least she might drink and fill up her tummy. =)

diymummy

When you brought her to the doctor, what was the diagnosis?

It's good that she can accept water.

Alternatively you can get electrolyte solution from the doctor to feed her. Electrolyte solution is like H2O for babies. It replenishes fluids, glucose and has small amts of sodium necessary for bodily functions.

xue

Hi, my son had fever last mon n ever since he had rejected milk.. Now he has no more fever but he doesnt want to drink milk at all.. Is it ok? He is 30mths now.. Or should i change fm?

Verona's

Is her throat sore?If it is yes she will reject milk cause its warm/hot.Try give her some water with rock sugar if you feel or she looks dehydrated.I dont usually practice sugar with my kids but when they are sick and not drinking milk i give them this to make sure they are still consuming liquids.
if that's the case, mayb can make the milk slightly 'cooler' instead of warm? at least she might drink and fill up her tummy. =)
Yeah right after i saw your post she woke up then i gave her cooler milk , Around 120ml , she drank them & then finish her med . Thank alot !

Verona's

When you brought her to the doctor, what was the diagnosis?

It's good that she can accept water.

Alternatively you can get electrolyte solution from the doctor to feed her. Electrolyte solution is like H2O for babies. It replenishes fluids, glucose and has small amts of sodium necessary for bodily functions.

He said that she is having throat infection & fever .. Her fever is going up & down now , how ?

candy_ian

If it's throat infection it's painful for them to drink warm stuff so u gotta give them cooler milk. For the fever it's due to the infection so u have to give the medication n it shld come down with medication n may spike up again when drug wears off but it shld b a coming down trend..

apollo

Yeah right after i saw your post she woke up then i gave her cooler milk , Around 120ml , she drank them & then finish her med . Thank alot !
den shd be the warm milk making her throat pain. think for the time being, let her drink 'cool' milk =)

vinder79

He said that she is having throat infection & fever .. Her fever is going up & down now , how ?
Keep her cool and monitor her temp.Give her plenty of fluids.
U also have to look out for bloated tummy and diarohea if u giving her cool milk.That has to be consume faster so make lesser but more often.

vinder79

Hi, my son had fever last mon n ever since he had rejected milk.. Now he has no more fever but he doesnt want to drink milk at all.. Is it ok? He is 30mths now.. Or should i change fm?

I believe your son is 2 yrs odd right.Well mine just turned 2 and whenever he does not wanna drink i just ask him why.Thats my best resort.

Verona's

Alrights , thanks all mummies , was very worried bout her ytd , now at least she drink her milk but i decrease her milk supply because she doesn't have much appetite :) Nowadays alot ppl sick , hub me & sister in law all sick already , takecare all !

xue

I believe your son is 2 yrs odd right.Well mine just turned 2 and whenever he does not wanna drink i just ask him why.Thats my best resort.
I think it was because he was sick.. Now he is back to drinking milk again..
But i ask my pd, he said is ok if he dont drink milk cause he is taking solids already..