Help!!! Son having running nose!!

newmum80

My boy recently having running nose, it is not serious bcos it wasn't running continuously but on and off, i will see his clear dry nasal discharge. Any remedy to cure his running nose?

Is it true that taking vitamins will helps infant to built up the immune system? any recommendation??

apollo

My boy recently having running nose, it is not serious bcos it wasn't running continuously but on and off, i will see his clear dry nasal discharge. Any remedy to cure his running nose?

Is it true that taking vitamins will helps infant to built up the immune system? any recommendation??
if it is serious, bring him to a doc. u can use those nasal suction thingy to suck out his mucus..

as for vitamin, i feel tt if ur bb only fall ill once in awhile, there is no nd to take vitamin. falling ill is to build up their immunity. UNLESS ur boy falls ill on a regular basic lik every 2 weeks or sth.

newmum80

no, since born til now only fall twice. He is 11 mths and pretty healthy. I read frm stonson thread on this iherb.com buying vitamins, cos some vitamins oso hv DHA and other stuffs added, thought would be an extra 'boast' for him. hehee...

apollo: did u let ur bb take any vitamin pill? how old ur bb?

if it is serious, bring him to a doc. you can use those nasal suction thingy to suck out his mucus..

as for vitamin, i feel that if your baby only fall ill once in awhile, there is no need to take vitamin. falling ill is to build up their immunity. UNLESS your boy falls ill on a regular basic lik every 2 weeks or something.

Phoebii Cheng

Yes I agree with apollo mummy....if your child's runny nose is serious then bring him see the PD for a check

As for vitamins....I only give my son after he turns 1yrs old....cos' he is in infant care at that time fall sick quite regularly......

apollo

no, since born til now only fall twice. He is 11 mths and pretty healthy. I read frm stonson thread on this iherb.com buying vitamins, cos some vitamins also have DHA and other stuffs added, thought would be an extra 'boast' for him. hehee...

apollo: did you let your baby take any vitamin pill? how old your baby?
i only let him take fish oil aft he turns 1yo. no other vitamins at all.. he is noe 15mths =)

how about some peppermint tea?
babies/kids can take tea mehh?

AugBoyz

no need to pile supplements to ur 11mths old boy. Only give when he is older, like perhaps 18mths n above. If he is always at home and seldom mix with other kids then no need to give supplements. His body need to get used to the various virus n build its own immunity system. A little flu n cough wun do much harm unless its very bad cough n blocked nose and its disrupting his sleep.

newmum80

I so tempted to get the appleton infant mutivitamin drop in pharmacy but hold back. guess i shall not feed hiim any till he turn 1 yo.

thanks mummies. :)

no need to pile supplements to your 11mths old boy. Only give when he is older, like perhaps 18mths n above. If he is always at home and seldom mix with other kids then no need to give supplements. His body need to get used to the various virus n build its own immunity system. A little flu n cough wun do much harm unless its very bad cough n blocked nose and its disrupting his sleep.

meiteoh

I shared this with some mummies on another forum.

To help tackle a poor immune system, you'll need to look at two things:

1) Your baby's environment. Do you or your childcare center or babysitter practice good hygiene and safety or do they do things like sneeze without closing their mouths, etc?

2) Your baby's diet. Your immune system can be boosted by eating lots of fresh fruits and veg (Vit C) and foods high in antioxidants like berries, broccoli. See this link for more info on what are good foods for boosting the immune system - FEEDING YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM

Only when those fail do you consider supplements. Most of the time, a change in the either one of the above makes a difference already and like AugBoyz mention, there is no need to pile supplements onto him now. Getting sick once in a while is fine and frankly, I've always felt that supplements are a shortcut. There is nothing better than making sure and teaching your child how to eat right and well.

Hihi...

I dont take pills for running nose myself or my kids. In fact, we seldom see docs. .. U may wish to try this simple method -- use your middle fingers and lightly rub up and down the sides of the nose bridge. There is accupoints along the bridge and this method works very well for running nose.

No harm trying this...

:Dancing_wub: