Help. Spotting is there anything wrong?

princess_sf

Today suffer from a fever then now spotting. Is there anything wrong?

This is my first pregnancy. and no one in my family know yet except my grandma. But I'm not staying with her.

Can anyone advise?

Last edited:

jazz_sofia

This is my first pregnancy. and no one in my family know yet except my grandma. But I'm not staying with her.

Can anyone advise?
i experienced spotting too when i was 7wks preggy with my gal...i rushed to see my gynae as i was so worried...she adviced me for a whole month total bed rest (literally)...she said my baby wanna come out thats why i had spotting...so u better go to ur gynae too...thats the best thing to do...take care.

i have spotting last week too...
it is dark brown spotting like about 5 cent big... only once i see dark brown spotting... then after that i check with gynae he said ok...he also give me a injection to stabilize pregnancy... however now i still keep seeing dark yellow/very light brown discharge on n off.. some time it look like dark yellow n when i wipe, it actually look like yellow than brown...

do u all experience this? i dunno should i go to c my gynae ..

princess_sf

Good morning all.

Baby is fine. But rather is me, I scared until confuse.

Yes, now have to total bed rest. But he say light spotting is ok. But if it's more. It's not.

I think the cause is that I was too agitated yesterday morning and noon. But even doctor could say if it's the cause.

diymummy

it is dark brown spotting like about 5 cent big... only once i see dark brown spotting... then after that i check with gynae he said ok...he also give me a injection to stabilize pregnancy... however now i still keep seeing dark yellow/very light brown discharge on n off.. some time it look like dark yellow n when i wipe, it actually look like yellow than brown...

do you all experience this? i dont know should i go to c my gynae ..
Is it possible to call your gynae?

Meanwhile, don't over exert yourself. Rest whenever you can.

diymummy

Good morning all.

Baby is fine. But rather is me, I scared until confuse.

Yes, now have to total bed rest. But he say light spotting is ok. But if it's more. It's not.

I think the cause is that I was too agitated yesterday morning and noon. But even doctor could say if it's the cause.
Glad that you and baby are ok :)

xicloudix

do you all experience this? i dont know should i go to c my gynae ..

if discharge is yellow, it may be a sign of yeast infection which is very normal for us pregnant lady... I have it since i discover i am pregnant and now i am almost 6th mth preggy, still having yellow discharge.... ask my doc abt it every visit (very paraniod haha) he keep assure me its alright, as long as its not bleeding/ very itchy(if itchy muz apply cream) will do...

If discharge is brown, it may be blood... better to ask ur gynae abt it... better be safe than sorry...

ya.... the discharge is yellow.... i take a close look..it doesn't look like brown....
only last week there is brown spotting which after i see gynae it gone n subsequent day become very light brown... then now yellow...

these few days is yellow... no itchy nor burn feeling... but i was still very worry...
so wan to know is any other mummy also experience the same..

I had spotting twice - once 8th week, another 20th week. Went to se doc both times. 8th week spotting was said to be normal - apparently embryo buries deeper into uterus hence 1 -2 spots is ok. But you will need to monitor as if it becomes more heavy then please get help.

20th week was after hubby took me on a pre baby honeymoon. Doctor said that pregnant ladies are very fragile now hence shouldn't exert themselves. Otherwise baby and I was ok - had to go on bed rest for a couple of days and stay low key for the rest of the time. Also I have a short passage so hence more likely for spotting/bleeding is cervix is weak.

Otherwise the advice is to always check with doctor just to have peace of mind.

xicloudix

Look like light spotting is so common.

Any way to prevent yeast infection during pregnancy?
wear cotton panties, keep the area dry, wear loose clothing, no perfume, fragrance free if possible, dun anyhow take antibiotics unless precribed to you as I understand antibiotics may "kill" some of the healthy cells which help us prevent yeast infection... my doc also told me try not use femenine wash although femenine wash is suppose to help, but dun know why haha, heard from quite a few ppl say to avoid as different ppl have different reaction to chemicals

iwan2noe

wear cotton panties, keep the area dry, wear loose clothing, no perfume, fragrance free if possible, dont anyhow take antibiotics unless precribed to you as I understand antibiotics may "kill" some of the healthy cells which help us prevent yeast infection... my doc also told me try not use femenine wash although femenine wash is suppose to help, but dont know why haha, heard from quite a few ppl say to avoid as different ppl have different reaction to chemicals
I have spotting still my pregn until now, but they are whitish in colour. did a test, is positive with GBS+ and had taken antibiotic presecribed my my gynae to treat it. Hoopefully it is cured.

Hmm, btw, can anyone advise why cannot use feminine wash?? :nah:

hippothalamus

Can anyone advise?

yes,i've spotting on week 8 and went to check with gynae. After checking she said bb is fine.

Btw, she prescribed me a medication to help pregnancy..this medication has reduced spotting but after a few days the medication has finished, a slight spotting came back to me..again went back to gynae and again checked thru ultrasound..bb is doing fine and continue the same prescription.. but i didn't finish all the medication this time..

The spotting stop by itself .On and off ,i 've slight brownish stain on underware..i think it should be normal..And, my elder sister said most likely the bb is a boy one that's why i get this problem.

i noticed that if i slept well thru the nite then there won't be any spotting..

So, i remind myself don't get panic and just rest more...

Hope my sharing helps.

yes me too, last time i having brownish spotting during my 6th week pregnant.. went to see clinic dr and say it vry common for some mother to hv brownish discharge and so long is not reddish or bleeding.. the next day it turn slighty reddish and went to KK hospital... the gyne say it ok js need to monitor at home... and next day again... reddish spotting seems like bleeding alittle bit.. went back to kk.. have my injection to stable my baby and was prebscribe a hormones medicine to stablise my womb and condition.. after that everything was fine..
but gyne ever told me that if having spotting , the risk of pregnant with bb outside the wombs.. so my suggestion to all pregnant woman.. best to visit ur gyne immediately once u having spotting. dun wait.,

sean-tan

beta to play safe den sori. got to c doc when u hv spottin. i hd spottin when bout 6wk, den doc gav jet n med. bout 12wk spottin back again, den realized bb's heartbeat stop, n i went through a misabortion. pls tk care n rest more to all mummies tat have tis pro. dun carry heavy stuff or do hsewrk. tk gd care.

ducky

I am suffering the same(10th week in progress), it continued for 4-5 days. I visited KK twice and my gynae as well. They checked the baby's heart-beat and everything was fine. It stopped for a day and then I am having brown spotting since then.

Gynae told me no need of bed rest (told to avoid stress) but has not given any reason niether has done any test other than checking the baby's heart beat.

What tests Gynae carries out in such scenario usually ?