Help! What can I do to improve my child's PSLE grades?

Mrs Wee

Hello Everyone,

My child is having PSLE this year. She often does not fare well in school.
What should I do to help her?

Is there any enrichment or tution centres to recommend?
Or is there any reference books or assessment books to help her?

She does not have the interest or passion to learn and often fall asleep while revising..

dingweini

HI!

I can recommend you tutors if you haven't already sign your child up for any form of tuition.

My tuition agency can provide 20% off EPB assessment books and have a huge online database of test papers for your child. They also have a wide variety of tuition teachers available to meet your child's needs :)

Definitely reliable cause this company has been around for more than 10years.

You can call up 98189883 if you are interested.

Last edited:

auntybrenda

:red:I was jus like you a yr ago. My kids veri naughty. To get them sit down n studies is really a big task to accomplish. They are both weak in eng math and science. My friend intro mi a agency veri gd. the tutor that they found for my kids, is jus like it is talior for them. the tutor is patient and there improment in their result. you can give it a try.
call the person at 91504029. they will attend to u.

hometutors.sg

Alpha Male
Hello Everyone,

My child is having PSLE this year. She often does not fare well in school.
What should I do to help her?

Is there any enrichment or tution centres to recommend?
Or is there any reference books or assessment books to help her?

She does not have the interest or passion to learn and often fall asleep while revising..

Private tuition will be more useful at this current point of time as the PSLE will start in less than 3 months time. And with one to one tuition, its difficult for the child not to pay attention or lax around.

Can read the Straits Times today, 19 July 2010. Many students commented about the advantages of getting private tuition.

stonston

Erm Quee Quee, you posted that thread FIVE days ago, which means most likely, you child has only had 1 or 2 lessons with the 'recommended tutor' and you can see results immediately?

Don't mind, pls PM me the tutor's contact since he/she is so wonderful. Thanks.

lyeo

Personally I'm an education consultant myself and can help you find a tutor but at the same time I am a tutor who had such a student before ... what you need to do is to do some goal setting.

Make sure she knows why she's doing this for. Then set some rules and targets. If she's getting 40s. Set small goals. Eg . next goal is to get 50 then 60 and so on. Reward her everytime she hits a target and if she doesn't take something away.

Make sure she does some work everyday on top of her homework. eg 20 mins of maths, 20 mins of eng.

You definitely need personalised tuition since group tuition will give her an opportunity to slack off at times. Your tutor and you need to work hand in hand to make sure that she reach her goals.