Help

ysabelle

hi, im in 34weeks now. my doctor is telling me the baby si small, around 1.7kg. she said even if the baby will grow in a normal rate she will be around 2.3kg only by the time i give birth to her. if this is the case,she said she will induced me early, as long as i hit 35weeks because it will not be safe for the baby inside my tummy as she is developing slow, but my doctor never told me about any problems only that on my case good timing is important. and some more my placenta is blocking the baby's way. anybody got the same problema as mine? i just want to be informed so i will not worry so much. and btw, my doctor said that i still have few weeks, hopefully by then the placenta will move upward. is there anyway i could do something about this?

Phoebii Cheng

hi, im in 34weeks now. my doctor is telling me the baby si small, around 1.7kg. she said even if the baby will grow in a normal rate she will be around 2.3kg only by the time i give birth to her. if this is the case,she said she will induced me early, as long as i hit 35weeks because it will not be safe for the baby inside my tummy as she is developing slow, but my doctor never told me about any problems only that on my case good timing is important. and some more my placenta is blocking the baby's way. anybody got the same problema as mine? i just want to be informed so i will not worry so much. and btw, my doctor said that i still have few weeks, hopefully by then the placenta will move upward. is there anyway i could do something about this?
34wks and ur bb is 1.7kg.....you still hv 5-6 more wks to go actually......normally bb below 37wks are considered premature and needs to b observed, funny tht ur doctor said what she said tht the bb will not b safe cos of slow development......and I think abt the placenta blocking the bb's way issit low lying placenta? hmmm for me, my placenta seperated early when I m 38wks, so was bleeding badly on the day my son is born, but Thank God that all was well......

You might want to check out abt the condition on relevant websites like babycenter.com.sg.....?

apollo

i personally dont think your baby is small... and lik what phoebii said, 35weeks is too early as 37 weeks then consider full term... did your gynae mention if your baby is healthy? if baby is okay, i dont think the weight matters.. for me, during the last 4 weeks my baby gained quite alot, about 800g if i rmn correctly (i gave birth at 38 weeks).. during my last checkup baby was 2.6 kilo only and gynae say the when born will only be around 2.7 but he was 2.9 when born..

if you're wry, maybe you can consider seeking 2nd opinion.. cos no matter, we're not the professional.. =)

jasobias

hi,
i have read abt this somewhere.Babies tht r not thriving get induced early.Problem cld be with the placenta as it cld have stopped working as effectively in providing nutrients for the baby.The drs decision to induce wld be of the best intentions to the baby.So dont worry abt it.Babies born at 35-36 weeks wld need abt 2 weeks of hospitalisation at the very max.So u cld be actually looking at only 1 week.Till then u cld up ur intake of dairy pdts n rest more esp after u eat.It ensures that most of ur food goes to the baby, tht way n she cld put on more weight.
Have a safe delivery n all the best to u!:Dancing_wub:

Astar

I am sure the gynae know best. Maybe you can get more info from the net before deciding?

Take care and have a safe delivery.

BbpHir3

DD was very small oso initially.. den MIL recommended me to eat beef.. by the time she was born, she weighs at 2.9kg... for step DD, her mum ate beef (mainly from mcdonalds..) almost 3-4 times a week.. step DD was 4.2kg when she's born.. so i think beef helps.. u might wan to try... =)

uddermummy

2.3kg is actually quite okay, especially for girls, considering the fact that the av is about 2.5-4kg.

the scans are not that accurate, so baby may actually be bigger... I think what's more impt is that baby continues to grow each week.

ysabelle

thank you so much for all the infos. wasnt able to sign in lately as i was busy at work. i appreaciate all the comments, it relieves me somehow. i know my gynae knows best, i just pray that everything will turn out ok on my next checkup. i will try to rest also from work for 2 days if it will help us.

ysabelle

Eat more durians to gain the baby weight. Now is the durain festival can buy anywhere you like.
hahaha, someone told me that already, but sorry dear cant eat durian. even the flavored food:shyxxx: but maybe i will take BbpHir3's advise to eat beef....burgersssss,yumyum:spamxxx:

BbpHir3

yup yup.. beef burgers from mac, n mos burger!! yum yum!!!! n beef noodles n beef hor fan!!!! yay !! meat meat!!!
lol......

apollo

hmm actu during the last 4 weeks (34-38 weeks) before i gave birth, i ate lotsa choco and BB realli gain alot... dunno if the choco helps.. but must drink plenty of water too =)

wawa

Eat more sweet content foods like ice-cream, cakes to fatten your baby. I was advised by my gynae when I was having my 3rd child as he's small in size too. But of course, don't eat too much as well. :001_302:

By the way, because my arteries to baby is kind of blocked so nutrients don't really go well to my baby then (during the last trimester).

If placenta is not functioning well, it will be best to induce early as it's unable to provide nutrient/blood/oxygen to baby.

snowbear

i was also told my bb was small during pregnancy. i ate durian, beef, chocolates and everything that could possibly fatten up bb but in the end she was still very small, only 2.43kg at birth. But i think it's ok for bb gals to be small personally. :)

Anyway, my friend had the exact same problem as u!! She was induced at 37wks and bb was 2.2kg. Already celebrated 1st month recently. Baby's thriving very well so i think u dun need to worry too much. :)

ysabelle

thank you eeverybody....will be seeing my gynae this weekend, hope i got good marks,:wong29:, i rested for 4days, just eat and sleep...so hoping for the best.