helpp.....my DD refuse all food .....

yungkimmy

My DD refuse all food ....tried to give her brown rice cereal since she 6 months and until now she only take 1 -2 spoon after that will zipped her mouth...have tried many flavour ( nestle ) even poridge ...but all nope......big zero....always throw everything to dust bin.....

this few weeks..i m realize that my BM running out...try to give her FM ....afraid she maybe hungry..but she refuse it too....have try Friso..NAN and Similac...even change the milk bottle......:nah: i m so so worry... try to mix FM with cereal too...but hmmmmmmm.......

My mom said it bcos she is teething now....so no appetite.....but i m very worry cos the only things she want is my milk......but not enough ler...

Now she almost 8 months....go to poly today to check,,weight 10.5kg and height 75cm.....last Feb ( when she 5mo+ ) i check her weight was 9.9kg...so for 2 months not increase so much...ist normal
helpppppp....is something i can do to increase my supply??? what should i do......any advise.......:embarrassed:

have read bot taken Fenugreek...but ist very workable????

Last edited:

nucleus

Alpha Male
Not feeding is a worry... but her weight seems is ok....

Averagely babies can remain at a stabalised weight range of between 9kg to 11kg for the 12 month to 20 month age period... meaning their weight will not gain much... maybe because they become more active... so metabolic rate is faster.

my son is only 8.2kg .... he is 20 months old... other than being underweight... he is a healthy and happy baby and development is same pace as others his age.

He also went thru a period of about 2 weeks - 3 weeks when he refused most food...it was frustrating ... and you waste a lot of food.... just trying everything you can and throwing most away... (I think that was when he was about 9 or 10 months old too)

Anyway, he is still a fussy eater. He was born disliking milk , but luckily... he started to enjoy milk after 15 months... weird.

Anyway...I can suggest practical things to try...
1) feed very small feeds and feed very frequently... 45mins to 1 hour.... it's very tiring... but no choice....until your baby get out of this phase...

2) mix your BM with FM (higher percentage of BM intially... maybe 80% BM to 20% FM)... slowly change the % to more FM once she starts to accept the taste.)

To save your BM... pack into small bags of mabe 2 oz each, Freeze it and thaw only what you need to use... each time.

Finally, try fruits.... the sweet ones specially.... if she takes fruits... it's better than nothing...my son then... could finish half a pear and a few grapes.... even though he would not take any other types of proper solids or milk.

You can also try yoghurt.

snowbear

My DD refuse all food ....tried to give her brown rice cereal since she 6 months and until now she only take 1 -2 spoon after that will zipped her mouth...have tried many flavour ( nestle ) even poridge ...but all nope......big zero....always throw everything to dust bin.....

this few weeks..i m realize that my BM running out...try to give her FM ....afraid she maybe hungry..but she refuse it too....have try Friso..NAN and Similac...even change the milk bottle......:nah: i m so so worry... try to mix FM with cereal too...but hmmmmmmm.......

My mom said it bcos she is teething now....so no appetite.....but i m very worry cos the only things she want is my milk......but not enough ler...

Now she almost 8 months....go to poly today to check,,weight 10.5kg and height 75cm.....last Feb ( when she 5mo+ ) i check her weight was 9.9kg...so for 2 months not increase so much...ist normal
helpppppp....is something i can do to increase my supply??? what should i do......any advise.......:embarrassed:

have read bot taken Fenugreek...but ist very workable????
My DD's 9 months old and also suddenly refused porridge and cereal for the past two weeks le. She'd just wanna latch on or eat only selected items. You must try new stuff with the bb to see if she eats anything else. For my DD, I made wheat pancake for her using wheat flour and some veg puree. Then when feeding her, i'd add fruit puree on the pancake. She eats it so at least she's eating some carbo. On top of that, i just realised that she eats bread too although she's still toothless. Hence, all i've been feeding her recently besides milk are pancakes, bread, yolk, fruits and some baby biscuits.

Your bb's weight seems perfectly fine to me. My DD's 9 months old but weighs only 7kg. Was worried about it and mentioned it at the last visit to the doctor but he said there's nothing to worry about coz bb's reached all the major milestones for her age: she's just a small little baby, that's all. Her weight has hardly increased in the last 2 months. All that crawling and climbing are negating all the food that she's taking in... :tlaugh:

You can try Fenugreek to increase bm tho i'm not sure if it's useful. But i think there's no harm trying...

CDL

You might want to give your BB some vitamins. My PD gave Medvite - use as directed. I usually mix with a small amount of milk/cereal and feed BB that first and then continue feeding the remaining milk/cereal without the vitamin.

At least you will be assured that BB is getting the necessary nutrients even when BB is not feeding well. I have not looked for this vitamin in the stores, but you might want to check with some pharmacies.

snowbear

You might want to give your BB some vitamins. My PD gave Medvite - use as directed. I usually mix with a small amount of milk/cereal and feed BB that first and then continue feeding the remaining milk/cereal without the vitamin.

At least you will be assured that BB is getting the necessary nutrients even when BB is not feeding well. I have not looked for this vitamin in the stores, but you might want to check with some pharmacies.
Doctor prescribed Novelysin. It's a multi-vit but it helps to increase appetite and increase alertness etc. End up my DD cannot sleep even after i decreased the dosage!!!! I just stopped giving her the multivit yday... hope she stops being so restless...

yungkimmy

i heard that we cant give baby any suplement when she below 1 year...so confusing ler...ist true??

go to poly n the doctor said should go to see PD...n they make appt for me to KK...but guess what......:p....the schedule is on June...( so shockkkk ).....alamakkkkkkk.....

my mom give me drink fish with papaya with 2 days...hopes it can increase e supply...
now try give her poridge water n mix it with FM today.....she want to drink it but still refuse the food.....haiya....

i think i must think positive ler...cant always think tat my milk not enough ( read some pycolg book from web )........:)

yungkimmy

this few days ...at night her eyes so big big.....sleep on 11 pm .....wake 11 am....

argghhhh.......................at night always like a war when try to make her sleep.....

stonston

u can try taking fenugreek to increase BM supply. i tokk them in both the pill and the extract form. find the extract better.