HI, Recommended Gynaes from KKH??

NurJasliana

Any gynaes to recommend from KKH..??
its My first child.
opinions , whether its advisable to let it be the randomly scheme or the permanent Gynae:tlaugh:

all opinions/advices are welcome

chloegal

Hi, my gynae is A/Prof Han. He is a delicated, caring and humorous gynae. Have just gone throught an laparoscopy myomectomy with him on 08 july. He is very assuring and manage to create an relaxing enviroment for me at the operating theatre. Have gone through 3 complicated pregnancy with him as I have incompetence cervix and i manged to prolong my pregnancy to 34 weeks plus.

It is better to have a permanent gynae as they will follow u throughout and will know your condition better. It is also better to visit your gynae at KKH TPS as there is scanning machine in every room and the gynae will do scanning and listen to bb heart beat for every visit.

mistygal

Hi,

I am with Dr LC Lee, recommended by one of my colleague. Been with her since 1 year ago when I have problems ttc.

My pregnancy is considered as high risks and recently noted that I have short cervix too. She has attended to me just like any other pte doctors would have done.

Cholegal
What did your doc help for the cervix incompetence issue?

bluebell

Any gynaes to recommend from Kandang Kerbau Hospital..??
its My first child.
opinions , whether its advisable to let it be the randomly scheme or the permanent Gynae:tlaugh:

all opinions/advices are welcome
Dr Wee Horng Yen thumbs up very caring doctor

chloegal

Hi,

I am with Dr LC Lee, recommended by one of my colleague. Been with her since 1 year ago when I have problems ttc.

My pregnancy is considered as high risks and recently noted that I have short cervix too. She has attended to me just like any other pte doctors would have done.

Cholegal
What did your doc help for the cervix incompetence issue?
A cerclage was done to prevent my cervix from dilating further and also have to look out for any infections.

mistygal

Dear all

I like to share my recent experience at KK.

Mentioned about my short cervix problem in my earlier post.
My gynae suggested that I go for the cerclage as the ADC (place where the radiographer does their scans) showed that I have short cervix.
However, what puzzles me is that my gynae mentioned that the length taken in her room is ok. I asked why would the 2 readings differ and the explaination I got is that the machines at ADC are more powerful.

My husband suggested that I go for 2nd opinion before proceeding with the surgery and I am glad I did.
I went to one gynae at Gleneagles and she mentioned that my cervix length is fine! As the 2 readings are at extreme ends, I went for another 3rd opinion just to ensure that I get the right recommendation.

In the end, the 3rd doc also has the same reading as the one at Gleneagles.
My cervix is ok...

Personally I do not know what went wrong. 3 Gynaes had the same reading but the ADC always showed a different one.

Just to share with all mothers out here that if it happens, do rem to get a 2nd opinion.

Liviern

My 2 kids were delivered by Dr HY Wee too! Super nice & patient doctor, will examine carefully every time during my check up, though my pregnancy had no complications.

missyqiqi

Hi, my gynae is A/Prof Han. He is a delicated, caring and humorous gynae. Have just gone throught an laparoscopy myomectomy with him on 08 july. He is very assuring and manage to create an relaxing enviroment for me at the operating theatre. Have gone through 3 complicated pregnancy with him as I have incompetence cervix and i manged to prolong my pregnancy to 34 weeks plus.

It is better to have a permanent gynae as they will follow u throughout and will know your condition better. It is also better to visit your gynae at KKH TPS as there is scanning machine in every room and the gynae will do scanning and listen to bb heart beat for every visit.

I 2nd on Prof Han, both my sister and I are seeing him currently. Even though he's busy but he is still patient and talk to you sometimes even joke also. My sister first child also delivered by him. :D

Whether permanent or randomly really depends on individual, for me I prefer permanent one, some of my friends are ok with just randomly, of coz financial does play a part too.

Hopefully by now u have make ur choice :D

ChocoBaby

I went for subsidised at KK meaning i see random doctors every time & when i deliver, there will be student doctors around. But for me personally i'm not bothered by that. As long as baby is taken care of & arrives safely. Waiting time is a bit longer tho, and not exclusive like seeing a private doctor. But i take the day off whenever i go for check ups so no rush. For me i think if pregnancy is healthy & no complications then no need for private doctor. I guess it's up to individual. :)

Phoebii Cheng

My gynae at KKH was Irene Chua at TPS, she is more "kan cheong" abt me & the bb than me.....and she is very patient

Sorry mummies,Share my opinions and need some help on charges...

when I had my baby girl, I didn't know about choosing gynae , the nurses says whoever on duty serves me I also blur, cos I started going for check up at Kandang Kerbau Hospital only at 15weeks, and lucky me almost all my check up was this lady gynae ( dont't rmb her name ) but when gave birth was all the nurses and mid wives until 3 doctors came in to rush me to birth zzz, due to peak period?!!! 10/10/10 zz. I admitted at 1030pm, baby dame out at 5am, very long meh? This my experience with subsidize and the fierce midwives that my hubby ask her get out. After gave birth then everyone started telling me get gynae!! I was like y dont't say earlier ! Wouldn't go thru such torture. Push my tummy for my baby to come out until my rib cage bruise and have to yell at them stop pushing for me!! Hais.. Think also scare..

So planning for my next one, wanna go to tps like all mummies recommend, but wanna know roughly the cost for each check up and delivery? Need to start planning soon. Thanks all mummies .

Phoebii Cheng

Hi missymelody,

It really depends on the gynae that you choose, I think for Irene Chua is a senior consultant, so first time consultation shd be abt $60 plus above

I also heard that KKH midwives and nurses to help deliver is quite fierce......could be becos they r very experienced? that's why they rush you and also rough...

hock2008

Hi missymelody,

It really depends on the gynae that you choose, I think for Irene Chua is a senior consultant, so first time consultation shd be abt $60 plus above

I also heard that KKH midwives and nurses to help deliver is quite fierce......could be becos they r very experienced? that's why they rush you and also rough...
i was with Dr Irene Chua, whom i would say she is very patient & nice during my every visit, however, she is leaving this month to start her pte practise @ gleneagles.
personally, i find the midwives & nurses there pleasant & v experience. however, the duty dr are kind of rude.

Gem2505

Dr Wee delivered for me. mine was a long story. but cut it short, my gynae suppose to be Dr Law, was with him before my pregnancy as my menses always irregular. but when im going for my 36w check up, ( i had to go ADC for every visit as my bb is very small ). the sono say i must see dr immediately. scare me to death seriously coz it sounded very scary. ha. my gynae, Dr LAw, went overseas as it was CNY period. he will be back when in 37w. but unfortunately, i have to admit immediately and deliver st away as my waterbag level low.
This is the first time im seeing Dr Wee ( as he back up my gynae during his absence ), i was like so lost. first time i see him and he is going to deliver for me.
i dragged for 33hours coz no dilation after 2 induced. I called the nurse to call for Dr Wee to come as i wanna do C sect immediately. I dont want to wait further. Dr Wee came within 1 hour ( this was on the first day of CNY , he's off duty ). He is very patient and reassure me i'll be fine. bb was a lil pre mature. but everything went well. i discharge on the 3rd day ( from what i know, mums who went thru c sect only discharge on 4th day ). either i recover fast, or his skills good thats why im recovering fast?
went to see him after discharge for follow up on the checking of my scar. i felt very safe and comfortable with him. *im a kiasu mummy coz i myself worked in the hospital, expectation very high*. I believe many that went to him had good experience.
planning for #2 next year. definitely going to see him again~! =)

Liviern

Missymelody, I was in TPS, for the delivery charges, mine was a normal vagina deliver, with induce. Everything was smooth, baby also healthy. Stayed in one-person room for 3 days 2 nite, the charges was about $3200. This is only for my delivery, hospital stay & my baby's nursery + some blood test, not include the normal prenatal clinic visits. Hope it helps.