Hiaz problem wif PIL..

TeenyWeeny

Actually i symphatise with your mother in law. she's doing her part by looking after your gal. but she's being controlled by your father in law!
i tink your father in law is those MCP type, wife must stay at home and serve him. or his thinking could be 'we got our own house why must so pai mia go ppl house just to take care of their kid? they want us take care then they bring the kid over !'

anyway, seems like your husband inherited some stubborness from your father in law. tok to your husband again. tell him it's not that you dont wanna bring baby over. if the renovation tools are all kept properly (like in storeroom) and your father in law stop smoking at home, would you be ok to let baby go over? if yes, then tell your husband he got 2 options. 1 is persuade his father to allow his mum to come over, 2 is tell him dad to clean up his house!
Yes u are right he was the MCP type. I dun dare to call my FIL cause the last time I called my MIL to ask why they are angry wif me when it's a dispute between my hubby and me. While talking my FIL snatch over the phone and tell me no need to talk, I am in the wrong and put down the phone. The next day my hubby told me FIL was being rush to hospital after talking to me. I dun wanna talk to him wait they say I trying to agitate my FIL how... I was told that because of me now my FIL very sick cannot make him angry. My MIL had to take care of him so my daughter die die have to go over. But my FIL had gone back to work and he is always not at home as he is working long hour. I feel that if really that sick as they mentioned why is he fit to work? It's also impossible to ask an old man stop smoking. My FIL super stubbon one and he wun listen to reason one.

TeenyWeeny

I think if your hubby dont want to fork out the money for the flexi CC, then he is selfish ......mayb guys are like tht huh? sometimes they cannot b bothered by minor things....like my hubby too.....we are more concerned for our child's well being and development

Hope you have decided on who to take care of your dear daughter, think carefully about the pros and cons even for CC, and once you have decided, then you have to learn how to let go.....hope all turns out well for you :tlaugh:
Thank you very much. Ya we are better now although FIL still stubbon. I think man and woman of loving their child is different. Anyway I've give up on my FIL liao. I'm gonna let my mum take care in the mean time see she can cope a not. She did talk to the bb mother and she is fine as long my mum can cope with 2. If really cannot then we see how lor.

TeenyWeeny

your hubby seems pretty selfish.
its for his own child .
why not you talk to ya father in law straight?
tell him your concerns .
say you dont mind to bring your girl over, but just that the reno stuffs and the second hand smokin is very bad for your girl!
is your girl the only grandchild? if so, he shld be quite concern over it .
if not, ask ya mother in law stay with you if she dont mind. hee.
JMHO.
Even my hubby dare not talk to him. I call sure kana scold one. See how la. If MIL can convince FIL and come over I will still let her take care. Now temporary my mum take care lor.

TeenyWeeny

Wendy

sorry to hear that... if i were you, i will not beg them anymore... go to beg your mummy, she will help you.. it difficult to ask her not to take care of the other baby now, you can ask her try to find other nanny for her and ask your mum to tell that baby's parents she can only jaga for one more week. i know it's very very selfish to do so but your little princess have the poriorty... all mummies are selfish towards their own child.. once your mum can take care for you, all troubles gone...
Thank you Deborah.. Ya mum gonna take care at the moment. If she really cannot cope then will ask the bb mother to find another nanny. Will give them time till they find one nanny. Now try out first lor. Never been this troubled before... :smile:

stonston

TeenyWeeny, since ur FIL so stubborn, I'm gonna suggest something very mean. Dun let them see ur baby until he stop being so childish.

Thankfully your mum is able to help out for a while. My long term suggestion if ur FIL continue to be so stubborn: get a helper to help your mum with housework/cooking. Need not be maid, can be those PT cleaner type of thing if you not comfy with maid. At least your mum wont be so tired and can concentrate on looking after the 2 babies :)

I know shuttling to your mum's place at West is very far, but at least it's not everyday since you are on shift work. If you persevere, after a while your MIL will miss ur baby de. Then she'll start to nag at FIL to let her take care cos she miss the baby :p

TeenyWeeny

TeenyWeeny, since your father in law so stubborn, I'm gonna suggest something very mean. dont let them see your baby until he stop being so childish.

Thankfully your mum is able to help out for a while. My long term suggestion if your father in law continue to be so stubborn: get a helper to help your mum with housework/cooking. Need not be maid, can be those PT cleaner type of thing if you not comfy with maid. At least your mum wont be so tired and can concentrate on looking after the 2 babies :)

I know shuttling to your mum's place at West is very far, but at least it's not everyday since you are on shift work. If you persevere, after a while your mother in law will miss your baby . Then she'll start to nag at father in law to let her take care cos she miss the baby :p
Ya this is wat I'm thinking of doing. See my FIL can stubbon how long. But I never let my hubby know la. Just tell him I will wait till his parents change their mind. Now I will stay over at mum's place when working and go home wif bb during off day.