hiccups?

en_mummy

don't worry, i bf girl hiccups a lot too and she don't seem to be bothered by it at all. if u want, u can let your baby nurse to quell the attack...

1568mummy

be it bf or not, my boys have hiccups so often until ' I ' feel so uncomfortable. did speak to the doctor and read up alot on it... really, its nothing... nothing to worry about.

if he/she is still willing to get back to the breast, nurse him/her again, it does help to 'chase' the hiccups away.... if not, you can pat his back, that helped my boys too...

but because its REALLY nothing serious.... *laugh* over time, I got so used to it, I didn't bother to do anything, then (sometimes, to me) it became ABNORMAL if they didn't hiccups.... *laugh*:tlaugh:

mskathy

ok.. i'm glad to know tat its ok.. i could feel my girl burping.. wen she is in my tummy... now also burp... kekeke

MsPlumpy

ok.. i'm glad to know tat its ok.. i could feel my girl burping.. wen she is in my tummy... now also burp... kekeke
same here, DS2 burped alot in the tummy too ... Even now, he will have hiccups like 4 to 5 times a day, just put him on the breast and nurse him again, he will be fine ...

SH74

ppl say that it's norm that bb hv hiccups. help in lung development or something. realised that letting bb suckle can get rid of hiccups.

oblong

hihi.. is it normal for bf babies to hiccups a lot? If so wat should we do.. ?
My DS hiccups a lot for no apparent reason too, especially in the first 2 months of his life. When that happens, I will breastfeed him again. A nurse from the polyclinic told me that the baby might not have taken enuff milk during the last nursing session, hence the hiccups.

After I breastfeed him again, the hiccups stopped.:Dancing_wub: