high chair or booster seat?

faith

Hi,

Need some advices for buying high chair or booster seat? Which is better when feeding yr baby? High chair can only be used at hm but booster seat can be used outside rite? Which brand is better?

Phoebii Cheng

I think it depends on what you want, at first I wanted to get high chair as it feels safer....but after getting high chair then realise tht we do not really use it often, cos at home he will sit on a small chair to eat while outside he will use the high chair...

So my high chair at home is seldom use......

Phoebii Cheng

But it oso depends, is ur bb can sit steadily? If can then get the booster seat....

Or I read in a thread somewhere in this forum the idea of getting something like a booster seat but it is made of cloth....maybe can check out the thread

Ros0818

hi hi

bought a bumbo seat for sabrina when she's abt 5mths old..
been using it for 4mths...
now, just recently bought for her high chair from IKEA.
we used it for every feeding time.
so far she can really adapt to it...
:Dancing_wub:

I have a highchair (hand me down) and i bought a FP booster seat.....

I find the booster seat is great and my boys sit upright as for the high chair, they tend to slouch even though we straighten them up all the time.

So we alternate the boys on the high chair and booster seat.

They have their solid sitting in their chair...... so far so good.

faith

Hi Phoebii Cheng & Ros0818,

Thanks for your advices.

Hi Catherine & Raymond,

Thanks for yr info too. Juz wana check with u which booster seat did u buy and why did u decide on this model? Did u source for other brands before deciding on this current one?

We read some review on booster seat and highchair and also we look at a few booster seat (e.g 1st years and safety first) and highchair.

We find the Fisher Price Healthy Booster Seat the best, coz it is compact and light, so far no complain, we have been using it for close to 4 months.

If you travel a fair bit, you may want to get the booster seat type. Also, for us having 2 highchairs in the house is no no....and no space.

meiteoh

I bought a booster seat (First Years Portable Swing Tray) for Eva because we don't have space for a high chair. The criteria I had was that the height can be adjusted (so she can use it until she's a toddler), has a 3-point safety belt (at least) and that it comes with a tray and is easy to clean to facilitate self-feeding.

No cushions or padding for me as things can get messy while eating so I look for smooth surface seats. Been using it since she was 5.5 months and she is even okay with snacking in it while I prepare meals and do some light washing in the kitchen!