Homemade solid on the go

annie

girls, how do u all feed your bb homemade solid if u all need to be out whole day? eg weekends? sometimes me n hubby bring our girl go out on weekends or holidays n im wondering how i can feed her the homemade food in these case... its easy if i buy those commercial jars cos i dun need to warm them n all. but how bout homemade ones? im trying not to give my girl commercial jar bb food as long as i can...

autumn82

girls, how do you all feed your baby homemade solid if you all need to be out whole day? eg weekends? sometimes me and hubby bring our girl go out on weekends or holidays and im wondering how i can feed her the homemade food in these case... its easy if i buy those commercial jars cos i dont need to warm them and all. but how bout homemade ones? im trying not to give my girl commercial jar baby food as long as i can...
U can cook and put in those food thermos where food can be kept warm thru the day?

annie

those food thermo very big? got sell small small ones? my mum told me to put in those thermo flask but then my girl dosent eat so much how to put into flask? n i give her a variety of food.. so i just throw everything into the same thermo n mix for her?

annie

she only 7.5mths... i just went to see those flask.. cannot la.. she taking pasty kind of solid now..cannot pour out if put into the flask leh... anything i can use to keep my tupperware inside n yet keep warm? tat will be the best...i saw thermo bags but seems like can only keep cool...

autumn82

those food thermo very big? got sell small small ones? my mum told me to put in those thermo flask but then my girl dosent eat so much how to put into flask? and i give her a variety of food.. so i just throw everything into the same thermo and mix for her?
Erm.. Quite mini.. Like cup size! Good if u feed babies wif porridge or cereal. Yea, dump all in. Btw, r u feeding her porridge or wat??

Attachments

annie

admin-ed.. wat u mean by make puree n keep on those bb cubes? i mean how to bring out leh. at home i make puree n keep as bb cubes though but how to bring those cubes out is my concern...

autumn, i saw those small ones like 200ml n all but then.. my bb food is pasty. not liquid. even porridge/cereal i also make quite thick for her cos she dosent like it liquid.. then if put into those flask how to pour out? is there anything like a lunchbox shape n then can keep warm de? cos easier for me to scoop her food...her food is not 'pour-able' lol

autumn82

admin-ed.. what you mean by make puree and keep on those baby cubes? i mean how to bring out . at home i make puree and keep as baby cubes though but how to bring those cubes out is my concern...

autumn, i saw those small ones like 200ml and all but then.. my baby food is pasty. not liquid. even porridge/cereal i also make quite thick for her cos she dosent like it liquid.. then if put into those flask how to pour out? is there anything like a lunchbox shape and then can keep warm ? cos easier for me to scoop her food...her food is not 'pour-able' lol
Erm.. This kinda thermos dont have to pour out to feed. Just open and feed will do coz the opening is big enuff... :001_302::001_302::001_302: I used it to store mashed potatoes w carrots, porridge so far. :tlaugh:

snowbear

not too deep? the spoon can go in easily? any idea how long can it keep warm and at what temp? i saw this online. looks good. it says can keep warm for 6hrs at above 49 degrees... is this temp enough for our baby food?
Amazon.co.jp: ZOJIRUSHI 保温弁当箱お・べ・ん・と SZ-EA03- ブラック: ホーム&キッチン
i'm using the Tiger Lunch box. It has two small air-tight containers and 1 container for rice/porridge and that can keep food warm. But max for 6 hrs coz aft that the food may be spoilt (according to the pdt instructions). So far it's worked well for me. Can just put e spoon in to scoop out the porridge. Alicia's also eating pasty porridge. Not a prob so far. Sometimes if she's not that hungry to finish all the food, i'd ask for a small bowl and just scoop some out for her and feed from the bowl instead so that the rest can still keep warm.

annie

i saw the tiger one also but the zojirushi's bag looks nicer hahahaha. glad to hear at least someone is using it for baby food.. now i can buy it at ease! thanks snowbear!

btw, i figured out my girl really hate pumpkin... today she cry when i feed her pumpkin again... end up whole day today never eat alot cos of the stupid pumpkin!

autumn82

i'm using the Tiger Lunch box. It has two small air-tight containers and 1 container for rice/porridge and that can keep food warm. But max for 6 hours coz after that the food may be spoilt (according to the pdt instructions). So far it's worked well for me. Can just put e spoon in to scoop out the porridge. Alicia's also eating pasty porridge. Not a prob so far. Sometimes if she's not that hungry to finish all the food, i'd ask for a small bowl and just scoop some out for her and feed from the bowl instead so that the rest can still keep warm.
snowbear!! Is yours the black box thingy?? I also have one!! But I find it super heavy.. So still in the cabinets. :p

annie

i think only . not sure which one is snowbear's hehe. the link i sent is ony bout 0.7kg plus the bag in total... if plus food and all maybe 1kg plus? the zojirushi one looks sweet .. but then the tiger one looks more slim.. hmm.. i better go and look at the actual product...

http://www.zojirushi.co.jp/syohin/outdoor/keep14.html

the pink one so sweet...n cheaper than the tiger one..

autumn82

annie

hmm japan selling at 50-100 depending on the brand n all.. sg i dunno. i saw those online.. wanna go stores to check out... snowbear, where did u buy yours? how much was yours?

snowbear

hmm japan selling at 50-100 depending on the brand and all.. sg i dont know. i saw those online.. wanna go stores to check out... snowbear, where did you buy yours? how much was yours?
eh, mine's quite similar to what you've shown. I've seen the black ones too. But i think the one i have is nicer :) coz it's PINK!!!! :tlaugh::tlaugh:

The container for rice/porridge is 0.5L. There's a larger one that can take 1L. I bought the 0.5L one coz it can take 1 ricebowl of porridge easily (tried and tested).

It's very light and easy to use. Compact too. The cover is beige and the containers are PINK.

I bought it at S$49.90 (offer price) at Carrefour. I heard from my friend that it's available at Isetan too.

Photos of my Tiger lunchbox (1st row, left to right): lunch box with label (dont ask me why they didn't put Tiger instead of Tasty Zone); the other side of the lunch box; top view of the contents of the lunchbox; (2nd row): side view

Attachments

Last edited: