Homemade solid on the go

annie

oh oh i saw this in the tiger site too! lol. ask u ah... the thing to keep warm is the bag or the containers itself or both? cos i was thinking lets say i only bring the container out(i think i wont need all 3..), can it keep warm too if i dun use the bag?

oh thanks for the pics. very well taken! hehe

snowbear

oh oh i saw this in the tiger site too! lol. ask you ... the thing to keep warm is the bag or the containers itself or both? cos i was thinking lets say i only bring the container out(i think i wont need all 3..), can it keep warm too if i dont use the bag?

oh thanks for the pics. very well taken! hehe
No prob! :)

for best insulation, use the container as well as the bag...

annie

hmm.. ok... cos i think i dun need so many containers wor... so thought of bringing only the container n not the bag or wat...hmm... i cant find them in shops yet. shall try other shops...i wanna buy zojirushi pink one but then worry the colour not wat i expected when the goods arriv if i buy online so i wanna go shops see see look look first hehe

snowbear

hmm.. ok... cos i think i dont need so many containers ... so thought of bringing only the container and not the bag or what...hmm... i cant find them in shops yet. shall try other shops...i wanna buy zojirushi pink one but then worry the colour not what i expected when the goods arriv if i buy online so i wanna go shops see see look look first hehe
i saw the zojirushi one at takashimaya. The colour looks exactly like the one in the website...

annie

really?? the sweet pastel pink?? cos from this site.. the 2nd and 3rd pic's pink not nice..you see? is it the 1st pic pastel pink or the 2nd pic purplish pink? if same as 1st pic then i buy online hehe. dont waste time to go see see look look.. online sells cheaper..does the material looks cheapo? im considering between this n the tiger's black plain one.. hmm...do u wash the bag itself sometimes? dunno this one can wash or not or have to just wipe..
Amazon.co.jp: ZOJIRUSHI 保温弁当箱お・べ・ん・と SZ-EA03-PA ピンク: ホーム&キッチン

snowbear

really?? the sweet pastel pink?? cos from this site.. the 2nd and 3rd pic's pink not nice..you see? is it the 1st pic pastel pink or the 2nd pic purplish pink? if same as 1st pic then i buy online hehe. dont waste time to go see see look look.. online sells cheaper..does the material looks cheapo? im considering between this and the tiger's black plain one.. hmm...do you wash the bag itself sometimes? dont know this one can wash or not or have to just wipe..
Amazon.co.jp: ZOJIRUSHI 保温弁当箱お・べ・ん・と SZ-EA03-PA ピンク: ホーム&キッチン
the one i saw was pastel pink. I dun really like the material coz it's the stiff stiff type.

So far i've not washed the bag coz i haven't dirtied it yet *fingers crossed*

annie

ooh.. yea i like stiff stiff material but not too sure if its gonna be heavier since its stiff? hmm.. maybe i still better go to shops n compare before deciding. but then so far haven found it.. hai~

annie

i found those bags today! but then.. i realise the bags are just normal bags n the 2 rectangular tupperware also just normal tupperware.. the only thing that can help keep food warm is the one for rice/porridge/soup only.. if so, we can also simply buy those container that can keep warm if we can find right? cheaper also since only 1 item. now i dunno if i should buy or not.. but then the bag can be use for other purpose also if not using it to put bento lol.

snowbear

i found those bags today! but then.. i realise the bags are just normal bags and the 2 rectangular tupperware also just normal tupperware.. the only thing that can help keep food warm is the one for rice/porridge/soup only.. if so, we can also simply buy those container that can keep warm if we can find right? cheaper also since only 1 item. now i dont know if i should buy or not.. but then the bag can be use for other purpose also if not using it to put bento lol.
So far i find that the container's good coz it doesn't make the porridge turn watery if it's only for a couple of hrs (over a long period of time, the porridge will still turn watery). I used to use a thermos mug but it makes the porridge watery in less than half an hr! And alicia hates watery porridge...

I'm ok with the other containers. They're normal air-tight containers but i really like the container for the porridge so i just simply use the containers to store snacks like bread/raisin bun and other snacks like baby biscuits. The whole thing is compact and i dun need to keep searching my diaper bag for the containers of snacks every time i need them.

annie

yeah agree.. im still thinking.. actually i prefer the tiger slim version so i cna put inside my bag when we go out but then i think the pink bag can be of other use also if im not putting in bento (eg go nearby buy things. can put hp, keys, $). n also when my girl gets older n goes to sch she can bring her bento inside since the bag so sweet looking. baby girls should love it. hmm...

annie

btw, when can we start to give them noodles? i know we need to cut the noodles short short but when can start to give? so far i only cok cereal n porridge for my girl n somehow feel boring lol. always the same old carbo... how bout bread? when can we start to give n what types can we give?

are those teething biskuits in the market healthy to consume??

ive bought the zojirushi bag! hehe. so excited.. its coming tmr! hehe

snowbear

btw, when can we start to give them noodles? i know we need to cut the noodles short short but when can start to give? so far i only cok cereal and porridge for my girl and somehow feel boring lol. always the same old carbo... how bout bread? when can we start to give and what types can we give?
Can give mee sua at 9 months. But must blanch it in hot water first and make sure not salty. Then put it in the stock that you prepared when you want to feed her. alicia doesn't like it though. I started giving bread at 9 months coz she rejected porridge and cereal so i was desperate and tried various types of carbo. I just gave her the normal bread i eat (wholemeal) and raisin buns.

are those teething biskuits in the market healthy to consume??
i bought the Bellamy's teething rusks but alicia doesn't quite like it either... :tlaugh: Some say that rusks are heaty...

ive bought the zojirushi bag! hehe. so excited.. its coming tomorrow! hehe
:tlaugh::tlaugh: i know that feeling! :)

Last edited:

annie

haha yea!

my mum say brown rice heaty also.. is it true?

looks like i need to wait for many things hhee. my girl too young for those things i plan to get her to try.. nvm. slowly slowly.. hehe

snowbear

haha yea!

my mum say brown rice heaty also.. is it true?

looks like i need to wait for many things hhee. my girl too young for those things i plan to get her to try.. nvm. slowly slowly.. hehe
eh... never heard of that... but if u're feeding rice cereal, it may cause constipation.

annie

oh? hmm.. how is rice cereal different from rice porridge? so far my girl no constipation..

annie

snowbear... the zojirushi one not working leh.. strangely, i tried putting boiled water in n it manage to keep warm but then i put cereal or porridge inside, after bout 2-3hrs i take out to feed my girl already cold!!!! am i doing something wrong? did u preheat the containers before putting in the food or did nothing? then the food u put in is very little or very full? i put very little.. n never pre warm.. wondering if its related?

another thing.. my rice cooker has the 'warm up' function.. dunno possible to put the cooked cereal into a bowl then put into rice cooker to keep warm or not? if possible, u know how long i can keep them inside? i know it will be warm as long as i put inside the rice cooker on the keep warm mode but dunno will spoil after sometime or not?

snowbear

snowbear... the zojirushi one not working .. strangely, i tried putting boiled water in and it manage to keep warm but then i put cereal or porridge inside, after bout 2-3hrs i take out to feed my girl already cold!!!! am i doing something wrong? did you preheat the containers before putting in the food or did nothing? then the food you put in is very little or very full? i put very little.. and never pre warm.. wondering if its related?

another thing.. my rice cooker has the 'warm up' function.. dont know possible to put the cooked cereal into a bowl then put into rice cooker to keep warm or not? if possible, you know how long i can keep them inside? i know it will be warm as long as i put inside the rice cooker on the keep warm mode but dont know will spoil after sometime or not?
dunno abt the zojirushi one but tiger has a metal container and a plastic part (this fits into the metal container). I have to pour boiling water into the metal container and wait for 1-2min then pour it away and put in the plastic part (which contains the porridge). It can keep warm for a few hours. I usually fill the container to abt half or a quarter full only.

I've never tried putting a bowl inside the rice cooker on the warm function so i can't advise u on that. But i think the food will spoil after some time though, esp if u added milk to the cereal. If u put bm into the cereal, u can only keep the cereal max 1 hr counting from the moment that her saliva touched the food, whether it's warm or not is not the issue.

annie

oh usually after her saliva touch the food i will throw away if she dun finish on the spot. i dun keep any leftover food from the same session. i was thinking to take half n feed her then the other half can put into the rice cooker on the warm function.

yah zojirushi one also same.. but instruction says need to put boiling water into the plastic n the metal container both. i did but still not warm leh. strange..

snowbear

oh usually after her saliva touch the food i will throw away if she dont finish on the spot. i dont keep any leftover food from the same session. i was thinking to take half and feed her then the other half can put into the rice cooker on the warm function.

yah zojirushi one also same.. but instruction says need to put boiling water into the plastic and the metal container both. i did but still not warm . strange..
the tiger one only need to warm the metal container n can keep warm... maybe bring back to the store to chk?

annie

i still have not give up lol. use it today again and see how. if really cannot then bo bian.. i bought from amazon .. think cannot change.. it can keep my boiling water very warm inside even after 6hrs but then my cereal and porridge so easily cold dont know why...

oh do u keep the containers into the bag when keeping warm? cos i didnt. i only put on my kitchen top