Hong Kong!

retrobell

Does any mummies been HK before? can review how it like bringing your toddler there? where to shop for toddler clothes cheaply? taking MTR easy with pram? thinking of going there with my 8mth old daughter. :wong19:

leey

Hi,

I live in Hong Kong,

It is hot recently and raining today.

Suggest to come here after the summer time, which is usually over 30 degree, very hot!

:wong19::wong19:

serenelm

i like gg to HK in early-mid nov period cos weather is cooling (usually ard 20-25 degrees)... tis is oso b4 the SIN school holidays so cheaper for departures from SIN... taking mtr wif stroller is quite troublesome cos many mtr stations oni hv stairs (i.e. u hv to carry the stroller up n down the stairs)... but having said tat, i still brought along my stroller when i went last nov... cos when kids sleep, it's easier to push them ard in stroller than to carry them)...

i liked gg to fa yuen street mkt (prince edward mtr stn) n tai yuen street (wan chai mtr stn) for kids clothes... ladies street nite mkt oso hv a few stalls selling kids' clothes... since u're bringing ur child along, u might wan to stay ard shopping areas for convenience n less travelling on mtr :)

retrobell

thanks leey & serenelm for your review!

I would love to go Hong Kong in Nov - Mar but my due is in this Nov so have to go in Jun since there's might have summer sales and can buy alot of clothes can be wear in singapore. Leey, in Singapore now is so so so scorching hot too. so Hong Kong weather shouldn't be bother me =)

wah MTR until now still no lift =( how inconvenience =(
look like i have to find hostel near all the shops and night market
any recommendation hostel? Ah Shan Hostel good?

leey

thanks leey & serenelm for your review!

I would love to go Hong Kong in Nov - Mar but my due is in this Nov so have to go in Jun since there's might have summer sales and can buy alot of clothes can be wear in singapore. Leey, in Singapore now is so so so scorching hot too. so Hong Kong weather shouldn't be bother me =)

wah MTR until now still no lift =( how inconvenience =(
look like i have to find hostel near all the shops and night market
any recommendation hostel? Ah Shan Hostel good?

You're welcome.
Maybe near the Christmas time for a tour,

the weather is not hot, and many colorful light decorations in the big malls.

For your reference only.

:wong19::we2Randy-git:

retrobell

You're welcome.
Maybe near the Christmas time for a tour,

the weather is not hot, and many colorful light decorations in the big malls.

For your reference only.

yup, heard HK decoration are beautiful and weather very good. too bad, dec might be the month for my confinement. zzzz, i have to wait for 2 kids grow older then bring them to HK to celebrate xmas! beautiful season to celebrate! :wong19:

leey

yup, heard HK decoration are beautiful and weather very good. too bad, dec might be the month for my confinement. zzzz, i have to wait for 2 kids grow older then bring them to HK to celebrate xmas! beautiful season to celebrate! :wong19:
With kids grow older,
Yes, better for the Disney Park and Ocean Park.
Must go to these two famous place , but far away from each other within Hong kong.

Good luck ,,,:we2Randy-git::wong19:

weishy

Hi leey,i 'm living in hkg too,which part do u live in?maybe u'll like to msn me and meet up for tea :p weishy@hotmail.com

HUmmmmm most stations hv lifts la....Nov,then all clothing will be for winter time le......stil hv some la at fa yuen street market but shops no la.
Also will nov be abit tough for ur bb?may not get used to it and must hv thick clothings always.
To me toilets in hkg is a problem,but if u dont mind,cha chan tang(coffeshop)'s oki too but must ask lor to use it.and not that clean too.
malls are fine but not all equiped with diaper changing board le

retrobell

Thank you, weishy!

wow, so many mummies from HK!

Thanks god, most MTR got lift! else i have to carry my girl up and down. *pengz* I book flight to HK in Jun. So not going in Nov until my kids grow older.
Toilet is the problem? *cold sweat* i'm preggie now, always keep going toilet.. but hor.. since HK is very hot, i might sweat alot so maybe not always visit toilet. hehe. Only when pass malls, then go toilet. Yup, heard from other forumer mention HK is not a baby friendly, so i have prepare for that. bought new pull up pant instead of normal diaper since no baby station.

Can I ask, HK selling pull up pant are cheap? cos i dun wanna lug so many pants to HK.
another thing, HK's electrical plugs is 220V 50Hz same as singapore ma?
i will be staying at Ah Shan Hostel in Mongkok, any recommend foods and a must shop?
thanks in advance!!

Porukadotzu

love hongkong!

hv been planning to go hk again since b4 pregnant, but untill now still haven't got the chance to go there. *sigh*

i tink w/ my condition always urging to go toilet every 10 mins walk, i hv to wait untill bb grow up haha..

lousy..

leey

Hi leey,i 'm living in hkg too,which part do u live in?maybe u'll like to msn me and meet up for tea :p weishy@hotmail.com

HUmmmmm most stations hv lifts la....Nov,then all clothing will be for winter time le......stil hv some la at fa yuen street market but shops no la.
Also will nov be abit tough for ur bb?may not get used to it and must hv thick clothings always.
To me toilets in hkg is a problem,but if u dont mind,cha chan tang(coffeshop)'s oki too but must ask lor to use it.and not that clean too.
malls are fine but not all equiped with diaper changing board le
At shatin,

How about you?

need work daily to earn for living,
the salary is not much per month.

retrobell

any mummies going to HK recently? i am more concern about airport rules. i worry custom staff don't allow me to bring in baby bottle with water and thermal flask. except 100ml.. not enough for 9 month old girl =(

EnFlor

if the airport rules are strict, don't worry abt hot water for your baby. U can easily go to any one of the cafes at the terminal and request them for hot water into your flask. I am sure they will oblige to your request. You can also do that when u go for sight-seeing there instead of bringing a flask full of hot water everytime u step out of your hotel.

For myself, if i go out with my kids and little one (even when overseas), i prefer to be less hassle. Mummies must always think abt contingency planning, isn't it ? Have a safe trip in HK.

leey

if the airport rules are strict, don't worry abt hot water for your baby. U can easily go to any one of the cafes at the terminal and request them for hot water into your flask. I am sure they will oblige to your request. You can also do that when u go for sight-seeing there instead of bringing a flask full of hot water everytime u step out of your hotel.

For myself, if i go out with my kids and little one (even when overseas), i prefer to be less hassle. Mummies must always think abt contingency planning, isn't it ? Have a safe trip in HK.
Yes, some big food shops located there can provide you some hot/warm water.Their staffs are very kind, especially they know that you are the tourists.

retrobell

Really? cos i am worry they refuse to pour some hot water for me.
thanks, EnFlor & leey! i'm now relieve that i dun have to worry this and that. =) Yay, can enjoy first time holiday with my hubby & daughter :wong19:

do you know which place to get a good price and secure for professional camera? planning to pay by credit card. dun wanna use up cash for shopping spree and foods =)

leey

Really? cos i am worry they refuse to pour some hot water for me.
thanks, EnFlor & leey! i'm now relieve that i dun have to worry this and that. =) Yay, can enjoy first time holiday with my hubby & daughter :wong19:

do you know which place to get a good price and secure for professional camera? planning to pay by credit card. dun wanna use up cash for shopping spree and foods =)
Fine,
tourists are "King" here,
this is the place called "Hong Kong",
and the Government tourist department has done many promotion on it.

twinklestarry

Hi Leey,

taking advantage of your location.. May i know when's the summer sales bwt Oct-Nov tis year ? It will be my frist trip with my 3 yr dotter, go and grab those summer fashion before "winter" .. and visiting relatives

thanks... btw, where do u live in HK ?

leey

Hi Leey,

taking advantage of your location.. May i know when's the summer sales bwt Oct-Nov tis year ? It will be my frist trip with my 3 yr dotter, go and grab those summer fashion before "winter" .. and visiting relatives

thanks... btw, where do u live in HK ?
In hong Kong,
it is the raining and typhoon season now,

Yesterday is hot about 30 degree

today is raining heavily in the morning.

July and August will be the summer time,

And some shops will start to do some promotion sale at this time,

but the price of goods are rising up rapidly these few month,

for example the rice , it rises from hk$4x to hk$5x per pack.

The weather is not stable at this summer as I wonder.

I live in Shatin, NT.

veronica

Ohhh...i love HKG and used to stay in HKG too.

Weishy and I used to be colleagues but I think we never met before :p

Leey, which part of Shatin you stay now? I used to stay in Shatin City One.

I love their summer sales. I went there in July last year with my then 18mths old son. Hot though but sales was just fantastic.

I had no problem bring in my hot and warm water flask inside the airport. I expected them to ask me to throw them away but they didnt.

I wanted to go again this summer but I think my son won't enjoy as much as I do for the weather. target mth will be Oct-Nov :p

retrobell

have you heard if Whampoa World? I couldn't find the name in map. Can anyone tell me if this shopping is exist?

veronica, so lucky that they didn't ask you to throw away the hot water. i guess i just bring hot water in flask.. if they don't allow, i just throw away lo.

Last edited: