Hong Kong!

twinklestarry

thanks...
sound like a good plan to hunt ard during the changing season.. tat weather is much cooler

SG weather shoots up to 34deg few days ago.. luckily, it's been raining to cool down the hot dry weather ..

leey

thanks...
sound like a good plan to hunt ard during the changing season.. tat weather is much cooler

SG weather shoots up to 34deg few days ago.. luckily, it's been raining to cool down the hot dry weather ..
Hi,

I think SG is hotter than HK these days.

In our side, it is raining over one week ,

still raining at time of writing this post.

retrobell

thanks leey, managed to see the webpage =)

ah, pray for the rain to stop in 14 days time before i fly to HK. rain whole day or on and off?

can i ask, Ap Lei Chau area quite ulu? couldn't find the street name in maps from MTR site. My friend who went to HK few month ago, recommend me to go Lane Crawford Warehouse @ Horizon Plaza.

serenelm

if u gg wif stroller, then beta bring a lightweight one cos most mtr stations oni hv stairs when gg down from street level... so a lot of carrying to do...

leey

Addon info for mummies,

there is a hen disease problem in Hong Kong;

the government has planned to prevent the growth of the issue.

retrobell

came back from HK 2 days ago. it was fun! =) there's a open air market at Central had alot of kiddos stuffs. really cheap. i end up bought alot of hello kitty junkies. keke =x
Most MTR had lift but walking distance rather far. and some control station that for exit and entrance after tapping Ocean card do not have bigger space for pram, must ask staff or find a gate to open on your own.

Last edited:

leey

came back from HK 2 days ago. it was fun! =) there's a open air market at Central had alot of kiddos stuffs. really cheap. i end up bought alot of hello kitty junkies. keke =x
Most MTR had lift but walking distance rather far. and some control station that for exit and entrance after tapping Ocean card do not have bigger space for pram, must ask staff or find a gate to open on your own.
Great to hear that.
I think yours have a satisfactory journey LOL :001_302:

shopaholic

Hey Retrobell,

Think we were perhaps in HK at the same time. I came back on the 24 June, just before the storms hit HK. The few days we were there, the weather was sunny and good, just nice to visit Disneyland, The Peak etc. I brought my 2 kids there and they totally enjoyed the trip. :)

leey

Hey Retrobell,

Think we were perhaps in HK at the same time. I came back on the 24 June, just before the storms hit HK. The few days we were there, the weather was sunny and good, just nice to visit Disneyland, The Peak etc. I brought my 2 kids there and they totally enjoyed the trip. :)
Yes, this is the first storm this year,
and typhoon signal no8 hosted up for many hours.
Have a day off for rest, no need to go to the company.:we2Randy-git::we2Randy-git:

jessielu

Planning a HK trip for this year end and tiking of DIY, what are the hotels which is good and economic and convenient? Mainly to visit Disneyland and maybe ocean park, where else can we go?

badtzzz

able to bring pram to the flight? Planning to go to HK again with my baby next year dec if everything go well..

serenelm

u can bring the stroller up to the boarding gate in SIN, hand it to the staff there, then collect it when u're disembarking from the flight in HK at the arrival gate...

but do tell the counter staff when u're getting ur boarding pass tat u'll be handing over ur stroller at the boarding gate so tat they can attach the passenger details to the stroller....

EnFlor

Any recommendations for HK disneyland hotels (good for family with young kids) ? The rate/ ambience/hotel facilities,etc

Anyone been there ? Care to share your experiences at Disney HK. Still undecided if we want to bring the kids there or elsewhere.

veronica

Heard Disneyland Hotel is better than Hollywood and of course more expensive.

Actually most tourist spot MRT have lift now (like tsimshatsui), so its quite stroller friendly. Places like sham shui po does not have lift so its tired carrying the stroller up.

serenelm

we stayed at Disney's Hollywood Hotel in aug 08... very nice n spacious guest room... hotel is modern contemporary style... we had 2 queen sized beds so cld comfortably sleep 2A2C... the staff was very nice to upgrade us to park view room so we cld view the nightly fireworks performance from our guest room...

here're some pics we took:

as for HK Disneyland Resort, it is grander (aka Raffles Hotel style)... but definitely much more expensive than Disney's Hollywood Hotel...

if ur kids are into Disney characters (like mine) n hv nvr visited other Disneyland, i tink it'll be a nice experience for them... mine are still clamouring to go back to Disneyland even thou they've been to the HK one twice... tat said, younger kids wld hv more fun there since most of the rides are quite tame (suitable for those aged 3+ to 8 yrs old)... so older kids might find them boring... jmho :tlaugh:

Last edited: