Hooray~! 16 weeks of Maternity

lonerjas

Yes all working mommies, from 17 Aug 2008 onwards ( those who delivery after 17 Aug 2008 ) is entitled....

And the good new is more to come, Pm Lee is goin to revise the babybonus as well...:Dancing_wub:

Last edited:

lonerjas

when u delivered...

mayb see whether they got back date more or not lor..

Cos usually is w/ef 1st aug de... see if PM lee got make any excepttion to back date more ba

madalene

Yes all working mommies, from 1st Aug 2008 onwards ( those who delivery after 1st Aug 2008 ) is entitled....

And the good new is more to come, Pm Lee is gopin to revise the babybonus as well...:Dancing_wub:
Really? WEF 1 Aug?
Hurray!!!! :Dancing_tongue:
I heard also got the 6 days childcare leave (up from 2 days)
Baby Bonus, i tot they only extend till 5th child. No change for 1st or 2nd, right? :embarrassed:

lonerjas

Baby bonus haven release new yet... WEF might be 1st Aug..

Gonna wait a few more days...

I hope can WEF 1 st Aug just like yr 2004's admendment

Ah Cheng

According to the Internet from Yahoo News:

1) Paid maternity leave will be extended from 12 weeks to 16 weeks, and the extra four weeks can be taken anytime during the baby’s first year. It was previously extended from eight to 12 weeks in 2004.

2) There will also be a larger baby bonus for first—time parents, more tax incentives to encourage mothers to work, more incentives for the fifth and subsequent children, and more financial support for couples who go for In—Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) treatment.

3) Childcare leave, which can be claimed by either parent, will be extended from two to six days per year.

4) There will also be one week of unpaid infant—care leave per year, and mums or dads can claim it until their child turns two years old.

5) The government will help by catering to demand and creating 20,000 places at 200 new childcare centres over the next five years. There will also be more financial support to help kindergartens upgrade their staff and curricula, as well as more financial help for parents.

But didnt state when is the effective date leh.

gal711

aiya, I gave birth on the 25/07/08 so that mean no additional 4 wks maternity leave for me lor... haiiii

Wondering if there is possiblility of neg. since the 4 weeks can be taken within the baby 1st year. hahahah

Anyone face this problem in 2004 and manage to get the additional 4 weeks then please share with me how/what you did hor... :)

lonerjas

aiya, I gave birth on the 25/07/08 so that mean no additional 4 wks maternity leave for me lor... haiiii

Wondering if there is possiblility of neg. since the 4 weeks can be taken within the baby 1st year. hahahah

Anyone face this problem in 2004 and manage to get the additional 4 weeks then please share with me how/what you did hor... :)

I missed everything in yr 2004...

I even send letter in to request backdate... =p still NO...

lonerjas

According to the Internet from Yahoo News:

1) Paid maternity leave will be extended from 12 weeks to 16 weeks, and the extra four weeks can be taken anytime during the baby’s first year. It was previously extended from eight to 12 weeks in 2004.

2) There will also be a larger baby bonus for first—time parents, more tax incentives to encourage mothers to work, more incentives for the fifth and subsequent children, and more financial support for couples who go for In—Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) treatment.

3) Childcare leave, which can be claimed by either parent, will be extended from two to six days per year.

4) There will also be one week of unpaid infant—care leave per year, and mums or dads can claim it until their child turns two years old.

5) The government will help by catering to demand and creating 20,000 places at 200 new childcare centres over the next five years. There will also be more financial support to help kindergartens upgrade their staff and curricula, as well as more financial help for parents.

But didnt state when is the effective date leh.

Ya lor... i other forums mommies are afraid it might be WEF next yr..

hope it will back date to 1st Aug just like yr 2004...

Really keep fingers crossed..:err:

Ah Cheng

Haz? Effective next year ?? Thought is immediately?

lonerjas - you said you missed the 3rd month in Yr 2004. Was it implemented immediate? I rememberred was effective from August onwards right? Same month as the National Day.

madalene

Haz? Effective next year ?? Thought is immediately?

lonerjas - you said you missed the 3rd month in Yr 2004. Was it implemented immediate? I rememberred was effective from August onwards right? Same month as the National Day.

I thought it was implemented in Oct 2004.
that's why i heard alot of unhappiness. Alot of pple appealed but cannot get thru... My ex-colleagues last time was one of them.

Really hope its 1 Aug.

madalene

Ya lor... i other forums mommies are afraid it might be WEF next yr..

hope it will back date to 1st Aug just like yr 2004...

Really keep fingers crossed..:err:
Oh no... Have to pray hard.
Additional 4 weeks mean alot leh. that means we can go back to work after 2009 CNY, ok? I have been counting these few months...

hey, the Maternty Leave includes all PH, is it?
We lugi alot leh, got many holidays - Hari Ray 1 Oct, Christmas, Deepavali, New Year's Day... Alamak... u know how to count? Can advise?:shyxxx:

madalene

I also have a few frens who gave birth on 30/7 and 20/7...
They are also wondering... Have to wait for the effective date to be announced...
:embarrassed:

lonerjas .. I gave birth in may 08.. dun tink they back date to may ler... nw make babies muz plan to deliver aft national day rally.. wait got changes or more maternity leave then can benefit fr it.. hehe:tlaugh:

lonerjas

I thought it was implemented in Oct 2004.
that's why i heard alot of unhappiness. Alot of pple appealed but cannot get thru... My ex-colleagues last time was one of them.

Really hope its 1 Aug.

No is WEF 1st Aug 2004.. I missed it by 10days..

is not the ML is the $3000 i din get anything fro the 1st child..

ZZZ
lastest update...

http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal/en/general/Marriage_and_Parenthood/Extended_Maternity_Leave.html

New scheme WEF 1 Jan 2009.. I miss again.. sux...

HeY all mummies i post a nwe thread in General Discussion. Abbott giving $100 worth gifts to MTB just need to register.. Pls find the link in the thread

madalene

Hurray! the 4 mth maternity & Baby Bonus eligibility date has been brought forward to 17 Aug. Thanks to those 300 MTBs who signed the petition!!! THough I din get to sign on it. I really appreciate them for doing so...

lonerjas

keke i signed th petition heehee...

regarding how to count the ML i oso dunno... not very sure is Ph included...

nbm lah 16weeks is alot. I really appreciate that

Pwiincess

I was half a year early! Yes, 12 weeks of maternity leave wasn't enough for me.. I gave birth in Feb 2008, FYI.