how 2 start introducing bottle?

candy_ian

my dear son is 5 months old and i'll b going back 2 work in a month time, tried giving him bottle but he takes it more like a teether. How shld i start introducing bottle to him?

Ting

u were BF-ing him?
hmmm, i believe practise makes perfect, just keep giving it to him with his milk, he will eventually figure it out. dun worry, they learn very fast, esp when they r hungry!

candy_ian

yes, i've been doing total bfing. I tried 2 let him b hungry n give him the bottle but he cries his lungs out n whenever i see that heartache so i latch on again.

Ting

hmmm, if u really wan to train, then hv to be persistent.
for me, i tried to latch pin but she refuse n cry her lungs out, so i gave her the bottle. :p

uddermummy

since your son is already 5 months old, maybe you can give him the milk in a sippy cup instead of a bottle?

because if you start giving a bottle now, you'll have to start weaning him from the bottle a few months down the road to prevent caries.

yes, i've been doing total bfing. I tried 2 let him b hungry and give him the bottle but he cries his lungs out and whenever i see that heartache so i latch on again.
my boy took a week before he can switch between breast and bottle. my boy cries also during the weaning... but no choice. i'd rather see him through this weaning period than to have him cry without me around when i go back to work...

tough.. but can.. babies are adaptable. jia you!