How do ya put babies to sleep?

Your own method of putting newborns/infants to sleep

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CanCanMum

Hi all mommies,

Just out of curiosity, how do u all put your newborns to sleep?

Any tried and tested good methods to share??

Please vote in the poll section too.

Thanks for sharing.:tlaugh:

lis

i got many ways of putting ma son to sleep..so can't decide which one to poll..heheXx...

feed him to sleep..
pat him to sleep..
let him play till tired..
watch TV until he doze off..
lie down on my chest n sleep..
swing him in my arms to sleep..

many la..

Lotus

For number 1 we would carry her or go for long walk with her in pram, then at 8 mounths we did cry it out method and after second day no issues. With number 2 we would put him in cot when she showed signs of tiredness and let him fall asleep by himself, then at 9 months put him in cot with milk in sippy cup when he was tired and he falls asleep when he's ready - no rocking, no patting, no long walks.

callieseah

Day time I would play with DD for abt 30-60 min after feed then put her inside sarong and rock her to sleep. Nite time will bring her inside room (must be dark and quiet) to feed, no play, then pat her backside to sleep. When DD 2 mths' old, she slept abt 9.30pm then wake up at 7am for her breakfast. Is routine the answer for bb sleeping thru the nite? Or isit jz their genes? Hv been wondering abt this.... Cos my friends' babies still must wake up for feeds in the middle of nite. But they also got routines lei...???

CanCanMum

no sure though....some claimed that we have to train them to sleep thru....like giving water instead of milk....but i guess all will outgrow this stage.

Ah Cheng

When do you start letting your baby watch TV?
My son wants to watch the TV when he hears the sound.
But I will turn him away cos I heard it will spoils the eye sight if let them watch TV so soon.

CanCanMum

me ah...erm...like 6 months????? But not really watch long long de la, a while only....

do u need me to start a poll on tat????? kekeke

watch must maintain a distance oso.

SunShine07

Day time I would play with DD for abt 30-60 min after feed then put her inside sarong and rock her to sleep. Nite time will bring her inside room (must be dark and quiet) to feed, no play, then pat her backside to sleep. When DD 2 mths' old, she slept abt 9.30pm then wake up at 7am for her breakfast. Is routine the answer for bb sleeping thru the nite? Or isit jz their genes? Hv been wondering abt this.... Cos my friends' babies still must wake up for feeds in the middle of nite. But they also got routines lei...???

Not all baby are the same. My son also sleep thru the nite, but once a while will wake up at odd hour for milk.

It depends on indivisual...

callieseah

Maybe cancanmum can start another poll like more bb can sleep thru the nite or less... hehe.. Yup, my DD also will wake up for milk once in a while but quite rarely. Talking abt TV, my DD is fond of turning her head to watch TV during feed lei.. How? I notice she tends to watch more intensely during commercials, I guess it's the frequent change of scenes that attract her attention. She is now 14 weeks. Really bad for eyesight ah..??

CanCanMum

Maybe cancanmum can start another poll like more bb can sleep thru the nite or less... hehe.. Yup, my DD also will wake up for milk once in a while but quite rarely. Talking abt TV, my DD is fond of turning her head to watch TV during feed lei.. How? I notice she tends to watch more intensely during commercials, I guess it's the frequent change of scenes that attract her attention. She is now 14 weeks. Really bad for eyesight ah..??
huh???? poll for babies sleepin thru the nights??? maybe it helps to rephrase like : "How do ya put babies to sleep thru the night?" Sure got many pple read de hor??!!!

watch a while ok la....but must maintain the safe distance o/w kenna specs v poor ding leh....

tokkin about tat do u all check eyesight for your boys?

do u dink we shd check them now?

hnfarin

My mum's method - Sarong is a must have and even if baby dnt wanna slp will rock till she sleeps
My MIL's method - Alwas have a nice bath, keep her cool, feed full full and go to sleep, also sarong.
My Husband's Method - Play enough, eat enough, almost kena forced to sleep, sarong again...
My Method - babies also human ma, when they wanna sleep you dont have to do anything they will sleep, most important is lights off, soothing music (optional) or best is pet pet them n rock them in ur hands. (they can smell their mums) I always make sure my baby sleeps 1st before going into the sarong.

CanCanMum

but hor if middle of the night baby wakes up u oso need to rock them to sleep in the sarong??

tiring anot like tat?