How do you calculate your ovulation date

chrish

Hi Chrish,
I hope you will soon bless with with bundle of joy...

Mine trying to concieve plan is postponded to May-june'10...so i will give my uetrus atleast 9 months break for becoming healthy

BabyDust to all of US

Hey Nirmiti27,

Lots of hugs! It's good to give your body a break..cos might be better in the long run :) Im now taking folic acid tablets to help..plus omega 3&6..and been taking more veggies and fish for meals too..

it's good to have some kind of a support here as we're all in the same boat in some way or another :smile:

26JMC

i did my calculation by noting down on a calender.
1st day = mense start
10th day= start testing using ovulation kit
14th day= O Positive and continue testing till O is over.
expect mense to come 14days to 16days after 14th day, that means my cycle will be 28 t0 30 days (depending on when cycle 2 start)

nirmiti27

Hey Nirmiti27,

Lots of hugs! It's good to give your body a break..cos might be better in the long run :) Im now taking folic acid tablets to help..plus omega 3&6..and been taking more veggies and fish for meals too..

it's good to have some kind of a support here as we're all in the same boat in some way or another :smile:
I am also taking folic acid and metformin(as i have PCOS 500mg x 2/day)...how do u take omega acid 3 & 6...any tablets??..as i am pure vegeterian(no egg) i try to take only flaxseed 1 tsp per day..also trying to get in as much as protien, calcium, vitamin C in as much as possible..so that i have all needed ingredients in my body during pregnancy...as i had PROM during Reyu in end of 7th month...so can keep next baby healthy inside for 9 month and also want to get as heathy as possible.

My dr. in KKH has given me Clomid 100mg to start from Jan'10 but i didnt want to start with clomid...but Dr. said as i have taken 3 yrs to concieve 1st one it can take more time this time also(before i researched on how to find my fertile days..and after finding above formula i concieved in 4 months)...so dr. wants me to start asap...but i dont want history to repeat..so will start from may-june and also 1st naturally and then with clomid after 3 months...

MY delievery was in India ...so my Dr. in India said not to try till 12- 18months..because more chances of having premature delivery again...and will again have csesar..so will try to take 9 months break and then 3 months naturally..so 12 months will pass by soon..and then can look fwd to keep baby in for 9 months

Last edited:

chrish

Hi nirmiti,

sorry i looked wrongly, the folic tablets are only with omega 3 and not with 3 & 6 as posted previously. The folic content in it is only 0.4mg which is the guideline for folic tablets here in Norway (im currently residing in) The allowance here is different from singapore where in singapore it's normally 5mg of folic acid, whereas here in norway they have 0.4mg tablets with omega 3 (i found it in the local pharmacy store).

Omega 3 is naturally found in fish. But then a check on wiki, i found that flax seed contains it too. But if you like, you might want to drop by the pharmacy (guardian pharmacy) and most likely they have tablets for omega 3, 6 or 9..or a combination of these :)

Good luck!:Dancing_wub:

I am also taking folic acid and metformin(as i have PCOS 500mg x 2/day)...how do you take omega acid 3 & 6...any tablets??..as i am pure vegeterian(no egg) i try to take only flaxseed 1 tsp per day..also trying to get in as much as protien, calcium, vitamin C in as much as possible..so that i have all needed ingredients in my body during pregnancy...as i had PROM during Reyu in end of 7th month...so can keep next baby healthy inside for 9 month and also want to get as heathy as possible.

My dr. in Kandang Kerbau Hospital has given me Clomid 100mg to start from Jan'10 but i didnt want to start with clomid...but Dr. said as i have taken 3 yrs to concieve 1st one it can take more time this time also(before i researched on how to find my fertile days..and after finding above formula i concieved in 4 months)...so dr. wants me to start asap...but i dont want history to repeat..so will start from may-june and also 1st naturally and then with clomid after 3 months...

MY delievery was in India ...so my Dr. in India said not to try till 12- 18months..because more chances of having premature delivery again...and will again have csesar..so will try to take 9 months break and then 3 months naturally..so 12 months will pass by soon..and then can look fwd to keep baby in for 9 months

nirmiti27

Hi nirmiti,

sorry i looked wrongly, the folic tablets are only with omega 3 and not with 3 & 6 as posted previously. The folic content in it is only 0.4mg which is the guideline for folic tablets here in Norway (im currently residing in) The allowance here is different from singapore where in singapore it's normally 5mg of folic acid, whereas here in norway they have 0.4mg tablets with omega 3 (i found it in the local pharmacy store).

Omega 3 is naturally found in fish. But then a check on wiki, i found that flax seed contains it too. But if you like, you might want to drop by the pharmacy (guardian pharmacy) and most likely they have tablets for omega 3, 6 or 9..or a combination of these :)

Good luck!:Dancing_wub:
Last time KKH told me they have Omega 3& 6 in codliver oil tablets which is not veg...so i didnt take it...doctor asked me to take 2 walnuts+ 2 almonds/day and 1tbs Flaxseeds pwd ...but took only nuts ..MIL said no Flaxseed as it is heaty...will check guardian/walgreens today
I will be in india for 2 weeks ...will be back on 16th march

stonston

Careful calculation plus ovulation test strips helped me & hb strike on first try. Plus we were in Maldives during ovulation period (planned). Nothing much to do there except bd all day. Haha. My boy is 3yo already.

Impt is relax!!!! I took unpaid leave to plan for wedding tt time n we stroked during honeymoon (not gone bk to work yet). End up I only went bk to work after 1st trimester :)

just relax!!!!!

nataliecxy

My understanding is Ovulation is from 14days from the 1st day of your menses. When i went for a full body check up, the doc told me beside counting the days, i should look at my discharge. If it is transparent, clear n sticky means you are ovulation! I suggest from Day 12 to Day 18 look at your discharge.

I followed the doctor advice and that's how i got my baby boy :)

Good Luck to all who are still trying :)

My understanding is Ovulation is from 14days from the 1st day of your menses. When i went for a full body check up, the doc told me beside counting the days, i should look at my discharge. If it is transparent, clear n sticky means you are ovulation! I suggest from Day 12 to Day 18 look at your discharge.

I followed the doctor advice and that's how i got my baby boy :)

Good Luck to all who are still trying :)
Yeah, that's exactly how it worked for me for both kids. The ovulation kit was useful too, but can get costly after a while, especially since not every one gets lucky in the first month of trying ;) And some say that it may be a little too late by the time the kit reads positive - immediate action is called for... versus observing your discharge, which gets thicker and heavier just BEFORE you ovulate so the window period is wider :)