How do you teach ALPHABETS?

mummypooh

Hi All,

May i noe hw old can i start teaching our child? Heard tat its better to start as early as possible..is it true?

Cheers

redjn

yes, if u can as early as u can but not to stress the kids just teach him the kind that attract him the most. Like my boy, he interest is sing so thro' view singing video clip I will run thro' the lyrics with him. This way my boy pick up in speech very fast. Each song his learn in less than 1 day he will be able to sing on his own even without looking at the clip. He can memorize them very fast. :Dancing_wub:

Yinnie

wow how do u guys know how to teach phonics etc? i try to read up but not much time so i'm not v sure. i just read to my boy as often as i can, teach him rhymes n songs, etc. he is 3+ and can say a to z and simple words. but can't read well.

i thinking of enrichment class for him to improve his reading, speaking n maybe start some writing. to teach phonics, they have to know how to read all letters of alphabet first? capital or small letters - does it matter?

i'm thinking of sending him to enrichment class. but how useful is it? once a week only. but i thought it may be good, since they will know the right method to teach the kids. and i heard the classes are supp to be fun. which i think is v important! any suggestions? thanks!!

hope seow

wow how do you guys know how to teach phonics etc? i try to read up but not much time so i'm not very sure. i just read to my boy as often as i can, teach him rhymes and songs, etc. he is 3+ and can say a to z and simple words. but can't read well.

i thinking of enrichment class for him to improve his reading, speaking and maybe start some writing. to teach phonics, they have to know how to read all letters of alphabet first? capital or small letters - does it matter?

i'm thinking of sending him to enrichment class. but how useful is it? once a week only. but i thought it may be good, since they will know the right method to teach the kids. and i heard the classes are supp to be fun. which i think is very important! any suggestions? thanks!!
Hi, my boy is 3+ too, i am also thinking of sending him for some phonics enrichment class. If you do have any good one, pls recommend :)

Btw, i personally find this website quite good for teaching phonics.

Learn to Read at Starfall - teaching comprehension and phonics

redjn

my boy also not very good in reading but he is very good at speech. he picks up speech very fast & sharp in all pronoun. He also recongise things that being taught to him very fast but not their wordings. So far all flash card items I'd taught, he is able to recognise them & read them correctly.

Yinnie

Hi, my boy is 3+ too, i am also thinking of sending him for some phonics enrichment class. If you do have any good one, pls recommend :)

Btw, i personally find this website quite good for teaching phonics.

Learn to Read at Starfall - teaching comprehension and phonics

i'm still trying to decide which enrichment school to try. A few of the better ones supp to be GUG and british council. my sis said zoo phonics school also quite ok, she heard from her friend. i tried to call them but no one ever answers the phone! I also heard lorna whiston is not bad. but somehow i prefer to have local teachers (who speak gd english) cos i feel the kids can identify better with their accent.