how 'kiasi' are u after becoming a mummy

apollo

I'd certainly wipe highchairs and tables outside home. If convenient, we'd bring our own booster seat. I also bought a portable placemat that can be stuck on outside tables as my boy loves to feed himself and pick food from table top to eat.

Until he was maybe 6+ months, even my husband needs to wash hands & feet & change after work before being allowed to carry son.

Now that he is one-year old, i'm more relaxed except:

He has a bad patch of eczema on his face and I cannot stand it when people ask "Aiyo, why like that?" and touch that patch!!!
if i were u, i will just say the same thing as woofy. "cos ppl didnt wash hands den go touch his face lorr!"

Mummy to Baby V

if i were you, i will just say the same thing as woofy. "cos ppl didnt wash hands then go touch his face lorr!"
Wished I could say that... But to relatives during Lunar New Year?!? Almost EVERYONE asked about the bad patch and those who touched really got on my nerves. Luckily the visitings are over.

apollo

Wished I could say that... But to relatives during Lunar New Year?!? Almost EVERYONE asked about the bad patch and those who touched really got on my nerves. Luckily the visitings are over.
ic.. i tot is strangers asking..

anw, for me, i dun mind relatives to ask, but in a nice tone, cos some ppl will sound as if is we, the mothers' fault! and of cos, i'm sure they noe it's something to do with allergy etc, den why go touch it?!

Ting

haha Ting, your pin really very cute and your answer to her also very funny!!! :tlaugh:
LOL~

yeah~ its very fun to talk to kids at this age, hahaha. i always talk crap with her deee. hahahaha~ n i like to disturb her. :p

hakisumi

As for me,like all mummies,I super dun like ppl grab Graham hands.. They claim " wah..see..he grab my fingers so tight" duhh..u press almost every babies palm they ll close n grab..then best they are either smokers (sorry to say) or their hands touch keyboards(1 of most bacteria things on earth)..
I dun kiss ppl babies so I "expect" people dun kiss mine..lol..maybe I got 1non frenly face..ppl ll step back pah..lol..
But of cos I kiss my own..definitely not lips..
Everything is clean clean clean lor..other than tat..I can't really think of any others

oh yea..mummy v ..Graham got that patch also on his cheeks..yeah..I totally understand the touch the affected area feeling..lol..

I guess we just put our kids prior pah..Ma Ma mahh..Everything is them

I kiasi in the sense also tk care of myself lor..if I fall sick who take care of Graham..hehe...

Stan

:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

she also tell me sometimes when i go touch her head lorr. LOL~~
then i will say, no lahs, im just making your hair nicer. :p
Pin is very very smart... luckily u can outtalk her.........ahahaha...

apollo

As for me,like all mummies,I super dont like ppl grab Graham hands.. They claim " wah..see..he grab my fingers so tight" duhh..you press almost every babies palm they ll close n grab..then best they are either smokers (sorry to say) or their hands touch keyboards(1 of most bacteria things on earth)..
I dont kiss ppl babies so I "expect" people dont kiss mine..lol..maybe I got 1non frenly face..ppl ll step back pah..lol..
But of cos I kiss my own..definitely not lips..
Everything is clean clean clean ..other than that..I can't really think of any others

oh yea..mummy very ..Graham got that patch also on his cheeks..yeah..I totally understand the touch the affected area feeling..lol..

I guess we just put our kids prior pah.. mahh..Everything is them

I kiasi in the sense also tk care of myself ..if I fall sick who take care of Graham..hehe...
i agree, we parents must also be responsible by taking care of our own health, if not, not only we cant take care of our babies, we might pass the germs to them too..

autumn82

I'm not very kiasi.. I don't mind ppl touching as long as they dun spit then wipe mouth with hands, dig nose, sick or what nots..

I've another question.. If another toddler or baby wanna touch/hug/kiss your kids, will u allow? :tlaugh:

jasobias

I'm not very kiasi.. I dont't mind ppl touching as long as they dont spit then wipe mouth with hands, dig nose, sick or what nots..

I've another question.. If another toddler or baby wanna touch/hug/kiss your kids, will you allow? :tlaugh:
hmm..actually alot of kids have come up to baby to touch her,shake her hands etc..i allow it.They r kids after all.Just curious abt the baby.Even when in swim class..while my sons r in class,some kid wld always come up to stroller,open the hood to see baby.If she is sleeping i wld just say..baby is sleeping...see?but u can gently stroke her hands.
With all the exposure to strangers,my baby doesnt get alarmed when faced with strangers.She smiles n coos at them..even doesnt mind them carrying her..!:001_302:

TANZHENZHI

haha pin is really funny.. And Louis really so chubby and cute.. I also will touch other ppl bb but won't kiss them becos i know i won't like others to kiss lebon too.. I'm fine with ppl touching my son. I will also clean the high chair and table before Lebon sit down. :)

autumn82

hmm..actually alot of kids have come up to baby to touch her,shake her hands etc..i allow it.They r kids after all.Just curious about the baby.Even when in swim class..while my sons r in class,some kid wld always come up to stroller,open the hood to see baby.If she is sleeping i wld just say..baby is sleeping...see?but you can gently stroke her hands.
With all the exposure to strangers,my baby doesnt get alarmed when faced with strangers.She smiles n coos at them..even doesnt mind them carrying her..!:001_302:
Ya, I agree, so I don't mind kids touching, hugging and all... but when I see this thread, seems like best dun touch at all... :p So curious.. :tlaugh:

apollo

I'm not very kiasi.. I dont't mind ppl touching as long as they dont spit then wipe mouth with hands, dig nose, sick or what nots..

I've another question.. If another toddler or baby wanna touch/hug/kiss your kids, will you allow? :tlaugh:
usually for kids, i'm okay lehh.. cos i noe they hav no other intention, just wan to sayang baby BUT aft one incident, i'm v careful on kids touching ds, esp head.

got once, we brought ds to hospital for review, got a girl keep come forward to sayang my boy. den suddenly, she just PRESS heardly on his head!!!!! i was shocked and said "CANNOT press!" den her daddy quickly carry her away. but i dun blame her, cos she dunno mahh. but my hubby v angry, said her daddy didnt look aft her, let her run ard.. LOL!

Ting

yah when pin was an infant, i also worry abt kids coming over to touch pin, i scare they use too much force.. esp my counsins, they very young but very very big size!! (imagine 8 yo alr bigger size than me?!)

but when pin goes to touch other infants now, i always keep an eye on her, she likes to touch their heads, or point to their faces, but i always remind her only can gently touch their hands or body area.
wahaha, then when she see me sayang the head she "REMIND" me also.. >.<"

apollo

yah when pin was an infant, i also worry about kids coming over to touch pin, i scare they use too much force.. esp my counsins, they very young but very very big size!! (imagine 8 yo already bigger size than me?!)

but when pin goes to touch other infants now, i always keep an eye on her, she likes to touch their heads, or point to their faces, but i always remind her only can gently touch their hands or body area.
wahaha, then when she see me sayang the head she "REMIND" me also.. >.<"
HAHA! dearie, sometimes i really wonder hw old is pin! u sure she is only 3yo? LOL!

:tlaugh: