how 'kiasi' are u after becoming a mummy

woofy55

wah i think i supa bochpa mommy.. i let almost anyone touch and carry my baby. my baby super social.. so whenever she sees someone she will reach out her hands n waves. If ppl ignore her, she will even call out "ee ee " to get ppl's attention.

The newspaper blackie hands, the auntie who sells noodles, the taxi drivers, strangers, all also mst touchie touchie her.. but i dont let ppl kiss . But there is a couple of times ppl kiss i couldnt stop in time.

what to do .. whn you hav fat baby is like dat. ppl just cant resist a fat baby i guess. even i will touch other ppls kids. haha.

I do get worried about germs n such, but so far okay .. touch wood my baby have not fallen sick before.
haha.. so cute... ya.. i guess ppl can't resist fat babies *looking at louis now*... i will also like to touch ppl's kids.. but i will touch those areas where no access to their mouth like.. fat legs... fat bodies.. fat heads.. ops! hahaha.. definately won't kiss them. I will also resist the temptation to smell them, though it's so addictive.

so far i only let ppl i know carry louis.. i also too polite to tell pple off, i'll just jia jia nvr see them and carry him away.. UNLESS is someone i know sometimes I will "jokingly" say.. hey go wash your hand first....(but in my heart i really mean it) last wk i met my insurance agent to discuss on louis' plan and she carried louis... and kept smelling him.. faint..

oh.. but for myself.. i did kiss louis... haha.. all over! ops!

Last edited:

apollo

put aside hygiene or germs issue, but i personally feel that touching, carrying, or even kissing strangers' babies are very rude!

got once i went to a shop and buy things and chat quite awhile with the SA and she asked politely if she can carry ds, and i was okay with it...

my mum worked in a coffeeshop, whenever we go there, ds will be pass ard. but at least i noe who those ppl are, and i noe they wont kiss my baby, except got once which i mentioned... haha...

felzdown, as for photo-taking, i feel tt it's up to individual. for me, i cant accept ppl taking photos of ds. cos i feel tt he is my baby, not free model.. haha! okay i noe, i'm very 'yim jim' (stingy) LOL!

jojoki

haha.. so cute... ya.. i guess ppl can't resist fat babies *looking at louis now*... i will also like to touch ppl's kids.. but i will touch those areas where no access to their mouth like.. fat legs... fat bodies.. fat heads.. ops! hahaha.. definately won't kiss them. I will also resist the temptation to smell them, though it's so addictive.

so far i only let ppl i know carry louis.. i also too polite to tell pple off, i'll just jia jia never see them and carry him away.. UNLESS is someone i know sometimes I will "jokingly" say.. hey go wash your hand first....(but in my heart i really mean it) last wk i met my insurance agent to discuss on louis' plan and she carried louis... and kept smelling him.. faint..

oh.. but for myself.. i did kiss louis... haha.. all over! ops!

yes woh ur louis looks v chubby n VERRRIIIIII cute!! i love the expression. if i see him outside surely will touch him!! hahaa!

Ivy Miao

hahah!! Looks like all mums wants the CLEANEST for their bb. Agree! Immune system low, cant let ppl touch. So far, the onli people who touched my son are onli my family members. Everything must anti-bacterial.

jasobias

As for me i am not tht kiasi.I dont mind pple coming in contact with baby as long as they have not just rolled ard in the dumpster.
Alot of aunties like to hold her hands esp in buses.If i remember go home then just wash lah.Not much anti bacterial stuff ard my house.I have realised tht the cleaner u keep the surroundings the faster baby falls sick when exposed to anything.
The boys play with baby sister all the time.They do get the coughs n colds but i dont isolate them..just tell them not to cough on their baby sister.
I have noticed tht my baby girl's immune system is pretty ok"now..cld be coz of all tht exposure i am giving her.
Even water i wld give fr tap.
But if someone is obviously sick(stranger!) coughing n sneezing loudly then of course i wld steer baby in the other direction.Usually if the person seems well enuf thts ok by me.

Oppsgal

For me, everything also want to clean with anti bacteria wipes.

My hands also after eating at food court... clean already then touch my baby. Clean after someone touch my baby, clean baby's face, hands and everywhere. Cannot go out without anti bacteria wipes.

ping26

As for me i am not tht kiasi.I dont mind pple coming in contact with baby as long as they have not just rolled around in the dumpster.
Alot of aunties like to hold her hands esp in buses.If i remember go home then just wash .Not much anti bacterial stuff around my house.I have realised tht the cleaner you keep the surroundings the faster baby falls sick when exposed to anything.
The boys play with baby sister all the time.They do get the coughs n colds but i dont isolate them..just tell them not to cough on their baby sister.
I have noticed tht my baby girl's immune system is pretty ok"now..cld be coz of all tht exposure i am giving her.
Even water i wld give fr tap.
tap water, you're very brave!! I was a bit paranoid cos 1st- time mommy & Christine went into NICU briefly. I even used boiled water to clean her butt. hahaha...our behv at 1st baby check-up was embarrassing. We thought abt switching positions at the slightest cough or sniffle.

For same reason, my hubby banned me from going out w her at 1st. We also didn't go out much in 1st 4 mth... Even I thought that was over-kill.

Yr baby is sooo cute. I can't resist her too.
I can understand why people can't resist cute babies.

Now I let go of hygiene quite a bit cos at one pt, she's putting so many things to her mouth, it's just impossible to clean everything. And now, she's walking & touching everything, we stick to kiasi basics only cos my girl loves sucking her thumb, fingers & even hands.

But hor, I will probably sterilise public toilet seats for her in future. I've overheard some mummies telling their girls to squat on toilets! so uncivic-minded.

woofy55

And another thing.. after being a mummy... i become very haolian.. hahaha.. especially when pple comment louis is cute! I'll be smiling and floating away... (tks jojoki,... haha)

jojoki

And another thing.. after being a mummy... i become very haolian.. hahaha.. especially when pple comment louis is cute! I'll be smiling and floating away... (thanks jojoki,... haha)
thats natural wat!!! hahaha! n ur bb really v v cute!

Ting

wahahaha, im not a kiasi mummy, i belong more to the bochap grp.
i only cannot stand if pin's clothes r dirty or stained.
i dun like ppl to touch pin, not cos i worry they r "dirty" or not. haha, im just possessive~ LOL~
my relatives,esp my aunts n cousins like to kiss pin.. some of my cousins even kiss her lips lorr. haha i also ok.
but outsider, i dun let them touch. my mindset is, u like babies/kids, go hv one yourself.
if i know them (like neighbours) i try to close one eye. if i duno them i pull pin away or carry her.
like apollo darling mention, SORRY NO PHOTO TAKING ALLOWED.
i NVR allow ppl to take pics of pin, god knows what they do with it.
there r many times young girls wanna take pic of pin, i tell them NO CANNOT.
if ppl touch her, yeah i will just clean with wipes.
when we go eat, yeah i will use wipes to clean the table n chair for pin.. n tts abt it.
LOL~

apollo

wahahaha, im not a kiasi mummy, i belong more to the bochap grp.
i only cannot stand if pin's clothes r dirty or stained.
i dont like ppl to touch pin, not cos i worry they r "dirty" or not. haha, im just possessive~ LOL~
my relatives,esp my aunts n cousins like to kiss pin.. some of my cousins even kiss her lips lorr. haha i also ok.
but outsider, i dont let them touch. my mindset is, you like babies/kids, go have one yourself.
if i know them (like neighbours) i try to close one eye. if i dont know them i pull pin away or carry her.
like apollo darling mention, SORRY NO PHOTO TAKING ALLOWED.
i never allow ppl to take pics of pin, god knows what they do with it.
there r many times young girls wanna take pic of pin, i tell them NO CANNOT.
if ppl touch her, yeah i will just clean with wipes.
when we go eat, yeah i will use wipes to clean the table n chair for pin.. n tts about it.
LOL~
ya i agree! to me, my baby is my 'property'!!! if u wan to touch, at least must ask.. many ppl, or in fact all, will just touch lorr!

Ting

ya i agree! to me, my baby is my 'property'!!! if you want to touch, at least must ask.. many ppl, or in fact all, will just touch lorr!
yah~ i know my pin very cute, but HELLO, she's MINE duh!
pat on head of a hi 5 im ok, but dont so extreme go hug her, or kiss her lehs.
pin is smart she see ppl touch her she siam.
best was once this lady keep patting her head, pin alr siam n move to me, but the lady keep thinking she is so cute wanna pat n play with her, pin got annoyed n tell her off. she say: HEY, YOU DUN TOUCH MY HEAD! later my hair messy!!

wah, i secretly laugh til pengs. n tt lady so paiseh, cos pin say very loudly, on the TRAIN!!!!!!:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

apollo

yah~ i know my pin very cute, but HELLO, she's MINE duh!
pat on head of a hi 5 im ok, but dont so extreme go hug her, or kiss her lehs.
pin is smart she see ppl touch her she siam.
best was once this lady keep patting her head, pin already siam n move to me, but the lady keep thinking she is so cute wanna pat n play with her, pin got annoyed n tell her off. she say: HEY, YOU dont TOUCH MY HEAD! later my hair messy!!

wah, i secretly laugh til pengs. n that lady so paiseh, cos pin say very loudly, on the TRAIN!!!!!!:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
waoliew! i cant stop laughing can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tlaugh:

Ting

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
waoliew! i cant stop laughing can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tlaugh:
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

she also tell me sometimes when i go touch her head lorr. LOL~~
then i will say, no lahs, im just making your hair nicer. :p

helenkong

sorry to tell each mummies here...
haha, i also one of the people who love to kiss and hug other ppls' babies...
haha...cant help...
but i swear my both hands are washed, and totally cleaned.
Thus, no flu to mention :p

Mummy to Baby V

I'd certainly wipe highchairs and tables outside home. If convenient, we'd bring our own booster seat. I also bought a portable placemat that can be stuck on outside tables as my boy loves to feed himself and pick food from table top to eat.

Until he was maybe 6+ months, even my husband needs to wash hands & feet & change after work before being allowed to carry son.

Now that he is one-year old, i'm more relaxed except:

He has a bad patch of eczema on his face and I cannot stand it when people ask "Aiyo, why like that?" and touch that patch!!!

woofy55

:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

she also tell me sometimes when i go touch her head lorr. LOL~~
then i will say, no lahs, im just making your hair nicer. :p
haha Ting, your pin really very cute and your answer to her also very funny!!! :tlaugh:

I'd certainly wipe highchairs and tables outside home. If convenient, we'd bring our own booster seat. I also bought a portable placemat that can be stuck on outside tables as my boy loves to feed himself and pick food from table top to eat.

Until he was maybe 6+ months, even my husband needs to wash hands & feet & change after work before being allowed to carry son.

Now that he is one-year old, i'm more relaxed except:

He has a bad patch of eczema on his face and I cannot stand it when people ask "Aiyo, why like that?" and touch that patch!!!
Aiyoh!!!! ya!!! these few days, Louis also got eczema on his face.. :( I know what you mean when pple ask why like that already then still go and touch it!!! - we shd answer them "It's bcos of ppl like U........." :err: