How long to sleep for babies?

Oppsgal

Any guideline for how long should a baby sleep for naps and how many naps to take?

Mine seems no fix timing. Sometimes nap can sleep for 5 hours, miss out the tea break time. I didnt wake my baby up purposely, for eating tea break.

Usually just left there to sleep until automatic wake up.

Cor

Any guideline for how long should a baby sleep for naps and how many naps to take?

Mine seems no fix timing. Sometimes nap can sleep for 5 hours, miss out the tea break time. I didnt wake my baby up purposely, for eating tea break.

Usually just left there to sleep until automatic wake up.
It depends on how old is your baby. The younger the baby, the more frequent and longer naps they take. Younger babies do not have fix timings and they would normally sleep right after milk. But nowadays, every baby is different... Like for me, people tell me that babies sleep patterns would improve after they are 4 or 6 months, as in they would sleep throughout the night.. Well, my son did not sleep throughout the night till he was 1 year old and he wakes up at least 3-4 times a night.. and still does sometimes now, sigh.. Whereas my friend's daughter slept from 11pm to 8am since she was 4mths' old so it really varies.

Imo, you are doing the right thing by not waking your baby up coz babies generally need more sleep in the growing stages for their overall development. Babies automatically cries for food when they are hungry coz they dont't know what is dieting yet hehe. Also, babies with not enough sleep tend to be very grouchy

Phoebii Cheng

My son also has no fix timing, now he is 20mths, he can nap for as long as 4hrs during the day frm 1pm to 5pm...or as short as 1hr...

But usually in the infant care he can only nap abt 2hrs....

Oppsgal

My mother ask me to not let my baby sleep too much in day time as my baby wake up a few times in the middle of the night. Not sure if really matters. Tried before with less sleep but still wakes in the middle of the night. :tlaugh:

jasobias

waah so envious of u mummies..my baby cat naps in the day..less than 45 min each time..maybe once or twice.At night she sleeps abt 12am.She has to be fed throughout the nite every 3 hrs if we want her to continue sleeping.So we wld quickily give her milk when she starts to stir abit.If wait just a bit longer she will be all up n ready to play..hahha..scary!

Cor

My mother ask me to not let my baby sleep too much in day time as my baby wake up a few times in the middle of the night. Not sure if really matters. Tried before with less sleep but still wakes in the middle of the night. :tlaugh:
LoL yeah, some people also advised me not to let my son sleep in the day so that he will sleep throughout the night. Likewise, it didn't worked for me :tlaugh:

Cor

waah so envious of you mummies..my baby cat naps in the day..less than 45 min each time..maybe once or twice.At night she sleeps about 12am.She has to be fed throughout the nite every 3 hours if we want her to continue sleeping.So we wld quickily give her milk when she starts to stir abit.If wait just a bit longer she will be all up n ready to play..hahha..scary!
Oh my and I thought my case was bad enough but your princess is really extreme. As in she power snaps for less than 45mins and still wakes up if she is not fed in the nights. Your little one is definitely very energetic and active :) Yeah it is scary coz for my son, regardless of whether I feed or dont feed him, he still woke up 3-4 times and me being a light sleeper certainly didn't help one bit haha.. You must have had better luck with your 2 princes :)

autumn82

A rough guideline can be found here:

How much sleep does your child need? | BabyCenter

For Iggy, he usually gets 3 naps of 90 mins each since 2mths old, followed by turning in for the nite @ 7pm.

When he reaches 8-9mths (if I didn't rem wrongly), he was on 2 naps of 90-120 mins each, followed by 7pm lights out.

Currently Iggy is still following 2 naps and 7pm lights out. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

Will probably change to 1 nap when he turns 2 years old. :tlaugh:

jasobias

Oh my and I thought my case was bad enough but your princess is really extreme. As in she power snaps for less than 45mins and still wakes up if she is not fed in the nights. Your little one is definitely very energetic and active :) Yeah it is scary coz for my son, regardless of whether I feed or dont feed him, he still woke up 3-4 times and me being a light sleeper certainly didn't help one bit haha.. You must have had better luck with your 2 princes :)
Ya my sons were ok.Eldest never liked milk so had to feed him while he was sleeping..tht wld take 1hr each feed!!2nd son also had the same bad habit...needed to drink milk every 3 hrs also!:eek:
Until now ah he is 5 yrs old..he sometimes still gets up middle of night looking for milk which he drinks in those spillproof cups..!!
N all my kids r very active..scary ah but tmy sons totally gave up naps when they were 1 yrs old..both!!!!NO NAPS AT ALL!!!
Not even when they r sick n i give them meds,not even when we go out to long outings like the zoo,sentosa..etc.They sleep at abt 12am..even though i make them sit in bed at 10pm n they get up 9 plus am:err:..seems like baby is the same as them..!!

Cor

Ya my sons were ok.Eldest never liked milk so had to feed him while he was sleeping..tht wld take 1hr each feed!!2nd son also had the same bad habit...needed to drink milk every 3 hours also!:eek:
Until now he is 5 yrs old..he sometimes still gets up middle of night looking for milk which he drinks in those spillproof cups..!!
N all my kids are very active..scary but tmy sons totally gave up naps when they were 1 yrs old..both!!!!NO NAPS AT ALL!!!
Not even when they are sick n i give them meds,not even when we go out to long outings like the zoo,sentosa..etc.They sleep at about 12am..even though i make them sit in bed at 10pm n they get up 9 plus am:err:..seems like baby is the same as them..!!
Wa, you are a super mum and must be real tired too. I salute ya for having 3 kids. My greatest fear is that when I have a 2nd child, he/ she will be like my son or possibly even worse.. Then I will really die of exhaustion haha..

Oppsgal

A rough guideline can be found here:

How much sleep does your child need? | BabyCenter

For Iggy, he usually gets 3 naps of 90 mins each since 2mths old, followed by turning in for the nite @ 7pm.

When he reaches 8-9mths (if I didn't rem wrongly), he was on 2 naps of 90-120 mins each, followed by 7pm lights out.

Currently Iggy is still following 2 naps and 7pm lights out. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

Will probably change to 1 nap when he turns 2 years old. :tlaugh:
So early sleep? Mine sleep at 930pm everyday, middle of night wake up at least 2-3 times to drink water.