How Long?

megtan

Currently 7 months of total bf. I guess will bf for as long as my boy wants ba. Will see how. Planning to go Japan next March... dunno whether to bring him considering the bf...

Intro semi solids to him at 6 months, 1 meal. Now progressing to 2 meals. Milk intake remains (i.e. semi solids is still supplementary).

woofy55

I partial bf (4x EBM, 2x FM) my son for 8mths. I gradually wean him off when he was about 6th month to 3x EBM, 7th mth 1x EBM. On the 8th month, he fell ill.. :( Coincidentally - i am thinking if it's is me ? I should have bf him all the way. Then shortly after he was sick, i was sick too and I was on antibiotics and I didn't continue to pump. So thru the bf-days, he didn't get the so-called "bonus EBM" - when mummy is sick, continue to bf him.

I am feeling very bad. And I stopped cos because I have no perserverance to the negative feedbacks I "felt". During bf-ing days, I was stressed whenever i feel my milk supply dropped. When he is fed and satisfied, i feel happy. But when he is not, i'm stressed. So now and then, i'll tell myself to stop, but I pushed myself a few more pumps... until i was sick a mth ago.

I wanna ask mummies here... did your baby fell sick during your bf-ing days? Should I not have stopped? Now he is sick for 2nd time after recovered for 2wks. He has bronchitis cough, as diagnosed. :( I am thinking if i should start breastfeeding again. whenever i bath, i'll squeeze my breasts and milk are still flowing out, but it never had the full feeling again. Do you think I am should, and able to breastfeed again?

camom

I partial bf (4x EBM, 2x FM) my son for 8mths. I gradually wean him off when he was about 6th month to 3x EBM, 7th month 1x EBM. On the 8th month, he fell ill.. :( Coincidentally - i am thinking if it's is me ? I should have bf him all the way. Then shortly after he was sick, i was sick too and I was on antibiotics and I didn't continue to pump. So thru the bf-days, he didn't get the so-called "bonus EBM" - when mummy is sick, continue to bf him.

I am feeling very bad. And I stopped cos because I have no perserverance to the negative feedbacks I "felt". During bf-ing days, I was stressed whenever i feel my milk supply dropped. When he is fed and satisfied, i feel happy. But when he is not, i'm stressed. So now and then, i'll tell myself to stop, but I pushed myself a few more pumps... until i was sick a month ago.

I wanna ask mummies here... did your baby fell sick during your bf-ing days? Should I not have stopped? Now he is sick for 2nd time after recovered for 2wks. He has bronchitis cough, as diagnosed. :( I am thinking if i should start breastfeeding again. whenever i bath, i'll squeeze my breasts and milk are still flowing out, but it never had the full feeling again. Do you think I am should, and able to breastfeed again?
Mine did fall sick, but for the 1st year, he didn't fall sick. He fell sick 2-3 times since but recovered pretty quickly each time.