How Long?

BabyIqah

Hi mummies out there,,,,i'm just wondering,how long do u intend to breastfeed ur babies? Or,how long did u successfully breastfed ur babies?

camom

I am almost at the 23 mths mark. How long I go on depends on when the tod wants to wean.

stonston

I direct latch/pump for 1 yr. But had enough frozen storage to give him EBM till 18mths old :)

You can bf for as long as you like. :)

I weaned him off cos my work was very taxing and din have much time/privacy to express.

I would like to try as long as I can.. so far just enough only.. don know when can my milk be much as other mummies till can stored at freezer and cannot finish drink...

serenelm

i've been nursing ds3 since he was born... he's now 19 mths old... will wean him when he's ready... but sometimes it irks me when ppl keep asking why i'm still nursing him at his age... guess some ppl not used to seeing baby being nursed past infant age... sigh...

BabyIqah

but sometimes it irks me when ppl keep asking why i'm still nursing him at his age... guess some ppl not used to seeing baby being nursed past infant age... sigh...
Thumbs up to u ! I guess the other mums are jealous with u since u manage to bf beyond the recommended age(6 mths),,,,just ignore others and be proud of urself! :Dancing_tongue:

adelynn

i'm at the 8.5 months mark and am asking myself the question of 'when to stop'. am still thinking about this question too

xue

I have bf for 5mths.. but now that im back to work.. im afraid i will not have enough time to pump at work.. thinking whether should i stop too? but i intend to bf for as long as i can!!

Triquetra

For those mummies that have breastfed for more than 6 months, can I ask if your baby is purely on breastmilk or do you also introduce other food (like puree, cereal etc)?

BabyIqah

For those mummies that have breastfed for more than 6 months, can I ask if your baby is purely on breastmilk or do you also introduce other food (like puree, cereal etc)?
My baby is fully breastfeed up till now( 9 mths ). I started giving her solid food when she turned 6 mths.

cmeilim

i hv been exclusively bfg my #1 for 14 months, incl the past 10 mths being a FTWM. no specific goal nor 'cut-off date' for me - i find this allows us to go with the flow and not put so much stress on me. will do so for as long as possible till the last drop (since my milk supply has dropped since I became pregnant recently with #2) or when he self-weans, whichever earlier. he still enjoys suckling and bonding over nursing, and doesn't fret about the lower supply, probably 'cos BM is now only supplementary since he gets most of his nutrients from solids and i supplement his calcium intake with natural yoghurt. my gynae also supports our decision to continue nursing him throughout my pregnancy. =)

meiteoh

I've been BFing for the past 12.5 mths and although my supply is dropping, I'm not all that fuss as Eva is starting to wean - she doesn't seem to want to latch on these days and is on 45% fresh milk and 55% BM. Am even digging into my frozen stash already so I think I might dry up by the end of the year or sooner (am only getting about 40ml or less per pump instead of my usual 60-80ml).

cmeilim

I've been BFing for the past 12.5 mths and although my supply is dropping, I'm not all that fuss as Eva is starting to wean - she doesn't seem to want to latch on these days and is on 45% fresh milk and 55% breast milk. Am even digging into my frozen stash already so I think I might dry up by the end of the year or sooner (am only getting about 40ml or less per pump instead of my usual 60-80ml).

i am also averaging 40-50ml per pump this week. have seen it creeping from 80ml pre-pregnancy to 60ml and now 40ml this week.

which brand of fresh milk do you give eva?

meiteoh

Magnolia but I might move her to Farmhouse - heard it tastes yummy AND cheaper too (I usually drink HL but that's not suitable for her). :p

allycat

I have just passed my 6 months mark and trying to nurse for as long as possible.

I direct latch/pump for 1 yr. But had enough frozen storage to give him EBM till 18mths old :)
Wow, how much frozen milk do you have??? So envious. I supposed you have a separate freezer solely for your EBM?

I would say he is 85% before but 100% since week 2 of July. Am starting him with cereal and puree this week.