How many hrs of uninterrupted sleep do you get a day?

diymummy

I'm interested to find out. :p

My colleagues and my mum says that I don't have enough sleep that's why I fall sick often. I've tried all remedies I know of for sorethroats and coughs but still I get it.

I do Vit C slow release pills, drink barley & chrysanthemum, drink honey lemon, drink apple cider honey, eat fruits at every meal, drink at least 2 lits of water everyday... Still, I get sorethroat.

I get at least 6-7hrs of uninterrupted sleep a night... But I don't get it why I still fall sick so often...

angelwendy

for me is.. i every 2.5 hrs to 3 hrs gotta wake up to feed my boy... sometime if lucky i will get 4 hrs... if he overslept his feeding time.. so that is consider a bonus... haha... but i do feel a bit sick sometime... i just drink more water... & sometime headache comes.. just take panadol... hee...

Ting

diy dearie, it depends on what time i slp.
if i slp early, i hv more hrs. ie: weekdays i wake arnd 7am so if i slp at 10pm n wakey=9hrs, if i slp at 12am=7hrs lorr.
weekends can go up to 12 hrs~
hehe.
maybe cos i live with my parents, n they wont wake me up when im slping, they will just TC of pin.
plus pin is a pretty big girl now, she will play or watch tv by herself n not bother my parents. only thing is they need to make milk for her when its her bedtime. but i usually dun slp early, arnd 12 n pin slps arnd 10 plus 11, so doesnt affect me.
she hasnt woken up for milk since she was abt 2 mths old.
so i guess i can say, im pretty lucky. :)

Phoebii Cheng

I get sometimes 4hrs to 5 hrs? cos' my son oso wake up around sometimes 3 or 4 am to drink milk....and normally I wake up at 6.15am on weekday to wash up before gg to work.

What I normally do is I eat a lot of veges and try to avoid, spicy & heaty stuff like fried food or fast food...and drink lots of water, recently I also very heaty, so we take lots of barley or chrysanthemum, sometimes luo han guo

Mayb it is not sorethroat, could it be the phlegm? for me I also got phlegm...pple thought I got sorethroat

jasobias

me getting abt 3 hrs uninterrupted sleeo..less if kids r unwell
ya i fall sick reaL easy too

PinkDiamonds

If your son is sleeping through the night now, ideally you should be getting 9 hours of sleep, no more no less, in other for your body to function at its maximum.

Having said that, sleep may not be the only cause of you getting sore throat frequently. Other things can be, lack of exercise (but I know it's hard with a kid hahaha), food you eat, stress from work, places you go, etc. can also be that you are just generally prone to getting sore throat so it would be good to work on the bigger picture = your immune system.

Mummy to Baby V

I used to be weak as a child, got throat inflammation every 3 months or so. Probably due to fussy eating, lack of exercise and exam stress.

After being an adult and reading more on healthy living, I am much more healthier and get itchy throat occasionally (1-2 times a year), mostly recovered without need for antibiotics.

Some lifestyle changes I adopted:
- sleep early, at about 10-11pm most nights. My boy fusses a bit at night but I don't need to wake up fully to attend to him. About 9 hours of sleep.
- exercise: used to practise Pilates, dance, badminton. With a boy, less structured exercise but taking care of him every day (chasing, carrying, up/down stairs, etc) is a lot of manual work
- diet: wide variety of healthy food (lots of wholemeal grains, veges, fruits, boiled filtered water), no fried/fast food and hardly any processed food (for non-vegetarians: reduce red meat intake & have 1-2 days off meat weekly)
- Homecooked food is the best: fresh good quality ingredients, no MSG, low amount of salt / sugar / saturated fats
- supplement: I am vegetarian and breastfeeding, so take a multivitamin & calcium pill as suggested by obgyn (when throat starts feeling itchy, I start vit C 500mg)
- relaxation: Learn correct breathing techniques, keep temper down, stay cheerful

Somehow, the changes make me healthier. Even my daily sinus problem and eczema have disappeared. :)

apollo

dearie, i kind of agree with Ting baobei. it depends on what time u slp. the 'best' time to slp is at night 11pm to 1am! tt is the best time for ur body to rest. for kids, tt's the best time for them to grow. =)

Ting

n also the quality of slp.
even if u hv 12 hrs slp a day, dun mean u hv 12 hrs of quality slp.

raeka

ya lor that 11-1 is precious. but my boy like to wake around that time for water lol..
my i think only 2 hr undisturb sleep bah..

no matter how much a person sleep guess will never enough haha..