How many piece of clothes a newborn wear a day???

apollo

if no vomit, 2sets per day shd be enough... if ds vomit, then will change but recently he started drooling so sometimes up to 4sets.. =)

lonerjas

Well it depends... Usually i will bath my baby and change into short sleeve or rompers for the day time. if baby nv vomit milk out dirty the clothes then i will change sleep wear for nite time cos we slp in aircon...

Cos i notice for newborn even got burp after milk feed they still will vomit after some feeds.. if the receiving blanket dirty den i change it if the vomit kenna clothe i change clothe so hard to say how many sets.. But min 2 sets la 1 day 1 nite.. Oh i nv bath baby at nite... if smelly cos of vomit i just wipe with warm towel

CanCanMum

endless counts for newborn, i remember we juz keep changing and changing and changing.....lols~~~~~

reflux = change

bathe = change

diaper leak / smell from urine or passing motion = change (coz the shirt is tucked under the shorts, so if leakage means stain the shirt as well) or sometimes the poo is soft and smelly will make the baby smelly too.....:p

sweat = change

smelly/sticky = change

at night sometimes oso need change due to reflux or diaper leak

almost 4-6 pcs of clothings a day, and washing machine runs 2 times a day. those home clothes are quick dry kind, so still ok.

bellerichez

Okay thanks alot everyone. In that case i don't think i need to worry about the clothes anymore. I've got lots of pass down clothes (but most of them look like brand new cos wear a few times by my SIL son.) So at first i was scare that baby need to change a lot then I've got not enough clothes for my baby.

Ting

for me, minimum is 3 sets.
if vomit/ spill milk can be up to 6-7 sets.
cos for me, even if abit of vomit i will feel uncomfy n change her, so i need more clothes.

lonerjas

endless counts for newborn, i remember we just keep changing and changing and changing.....lols~~~~~

reflux = change

bathe = change

diaper leak / smell from urine or passing motion = change (coz the shirt is tucked under the shorts, so if leakage means stain the shirt as well) or sometimes the poo is soft and smelly will make the baby smelly too.....:p

sweat = change

smelly/sticky = change

at night sometimes also need change due to reflux or diaper leak

almost 4-6 pcs of clothings a day, and washing machine runs 2 times a day. those home clothes are quick dry kind, so still ok.
aiyo got so much ma.. my gal at most 3 to 4set a day la usually due to reflux but as she grows bigger change lesser cos less reflux...

i tink new born wont sticky or smelly la heehee they have the baby smell

bellerichez

aiyo got so much .. my gal at most 3 to 4set a day usually due to reflux but as she grows bigger change lesser cos less reflux...

i tink new born wont sticky or smelly heehee they have the baby smell
If the weather is very hot they also won't be sticky sticky ah?

iBaby_Mum

2 sets enough, get bodysuit suits / rompers.

That is provided no diaper leaking or reflux. But make sure you have a lot of small hanky (12) and buy 1 packet of cloth diaper (12). Everyday have to wash baby clothes lor.

I go for bodysuit, so that diaper will be in placed. At night sometimes just wear the bodysuit with a pair of pants or those full piece with bottons or gown. Reason: Need to change diaper at night, easier.

Mittens try to get 2-3 sets per day too. Booties, 1 per day lor, if not wear those newborn socks.
Baby's pattern will change when abt 1 month.

Wake up less at night too and me will stop changing diaper at night... :)
1 piece to less from night to morning.
My baby is so cool! Seldom POO at night...

bellerichez

Yup i have bought the cloth napkin but nv buy the nappy liner. Btw what do u use the cloth napkin for? Act as a pillow? Blanket? Yup i got many bodysuit and romper.

2 sets enough, get bodysuit suits / rompers.

That is provided no diaper leaking or reflux. But make sure you have a lot of small hanky (12) and buy 1 packet of cloth diaper (12). Everyday have to wash baby clothes .

I go for bodysuit, so that diaper will be in placed. At night sometimes just wear the bodysuit with a pair of pants or those full piece with bottons or gown. Reason: Need to change diaper at night, easier.

Mittens try to get 2-3 sets per day too. Booties, 1 per day , if not wear those newborn socks.
Baby's pattern will change when about 1 month.

Wake up less at night too and me will stop changing diaper at night... :)
1 piece to less from night to morning.
My baby is so cool! Seldom POO at night...

iBaby_Mum

Hi bellerichez, I use the nappy for a lot of things :p
1) Blanket in the day time
2) I perspire a lot especially during confinement, so sometimes I will put a nappy on my body before carrying the baby.
3) Pillow, by folding it into a rectangle
4) Wrap the baby day and night, so he feels good
5) Take the nappy to wipe accidental leak from the diaper or when accident happens during diaper changing
6) Put it on my bed / sofa before putting baby.
7) If run out of hanky, will grab a nappy especially when breastfeeding. The milk flow can be too much for the baby and he will turn away from the breast. All over his face Ha ha ha and my clothes too..

Next time when you no longer use these nappy, just use them to wipe things lor :D